Mother of a Deaf 10y in AZ

ASLMamas

Reaction score
Hello to you all, from the dry and usually dull Tucson, AZ. I am a hearing mom of a 10y Deaf daughter, and I just found this site while trying to do some research on CI. My daughter has recently began asking to get one and we are in the very begining stages of determining if she is a candidate, and if the CI is the right decision for her.

I would like to say that I really appreciate this forum for having such a wide variety of topics, and that is seems to be non-biased. That is so refreshing to find.

I hope to meet and interact with many of you in the future.

ASLMamas:wave:

welcome to AllDeaf

Hopefully you find some informations on both sides :)

Wendy

Welcome to All Deaf. This is a great place to find out all kinds of information that you could use, both Pro and Con. I know it is a major decision and you want to have all the info possible. Hope you gain the knowledge you need to make an informed decision.:wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Don't expect to have CI to be a miracle for your daughter. Study all the advantages and disadvantages on why CI is the right one for your daughter. Talk with many other Deaf people who have CI and you might have their experiences to make your decision. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Don't expect to have CI to be a miracle for your daughter. Study all the advantages and disadvantages on why CI is the right one for your daughter. Talk with many other Deaf people who have CI and you might have their experiences to make your decision. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:
I have to agree. Check with others who have the same type of deafness your daughter has who have CI and see if it helped them. You don't want to put her through all the processes if it will not benefit her. My grandson is missing the nerve in the brain stem so it would not benefit him. Best wishes to you and your family.

Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

If you have any questions or want to ramble off, Feel free to do that. Make yourself at home while you're here surfing around on the forum!

:wave:

Back