More Snow

We actually had a tree branch come down from the ice. I was going to say "limb", but I dont know if its big enough to be considered "limb". It's at least 5 or 6 feet long, though. Not just a little thing.

As far as snow, hubby's clearing now. It looks like at least another foot on top of what was there. Weathermen predicted 4-8". And there's more coming. Now they're saying we could see 16" by the time its over. With more this weekend.

My 2-year-old lost his boots trying to play in the snow! The drifts were bigger than him!

2014-02-13_02-00-19_635.jpg

Crazy you got that much more than me. I'm not that far from you. Main roads are pretty clear and with it being in the 40's they're looking pretty good now. Just have to head home before it freezes.

Crazy you got that much more than me. I'm not that far from you. Main roads are pretty clear and with it being in the 40's they're looking pretty good now. Just have to head home before it freezes.

I think the farther east it was of me the more ice than snow it was ... I kept having to shovel snow every 2 hours off the carport to keep it cleared off before it froze over ... its all about gone now though it was in the 50's yesterday and 60's today.

More snow coming tonight but it is supposed to be a quick moving storm. Most of the snow from Pax has melted as it was almost 50 degrees today.

Glad to hear things are looking better for some of you. Hope the storm we will be getting doesn't turn into more snow for you when it passes here. We are keeping our fingers and toes crossed for rain. It's looking like it might rain soon.

More snow coming tonight but it is supposed to be a quick moving storm. Most of the snow from Pas has melted as it was almost 50 degrees today.

Hopefully it will pass quick and be the last for this winter ... It hasn't snowed this much here since the blizzard of 1993 hit.

Hopefully it will pass quick and be the last for this winter ... It hasn't snowed this much here since the blizzard of 1993 hit.

Thanks...I may be the only one but snow never bothers me. I spent two hours in a snowball fight with my son on top of the one hour of shoveling to clear the sidewalks and to build two forts. I was sweating under my sweaters and jackets. It was a great workout and felt good to take a hot bubble bath afterwards. Snow is fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the news paper headline on the front page was " Mother Nature we
surrender !" The East coast is getting a blizzard Saturday night , people where stocking up on food today . This could be a four loafs of breads storm .
Marty doesn't know what to made of all the snow, he tried walking in it and he was up shoulders in snow.

One of the news paper headline on the front page was " Mother Nature we
surrender !" The East coast is getting a blizzard Saturday night , people where stocking up on food today . This could be a four loafs of breads storm .
Marty doesn't know what to made of all the snow, he tried walking in it and he was up shoulders in snow.

My Marley won't go for a walk when it's just raining. She was so tiny as a puppy, well still is. We trained her on those puppy training pads place right outside the back slider window. She still only goes on those. Makes it super easy to clean and for her to go when the weather is bad. I don't know how the little dogs can do their business when there is so much snow.

Good luck!!

I think the farther east it was of me the more ice than snow it was ... I kept having to shovel snow every 2 hours off the carport to keep it cleared off before it froze over ... its all about gone now though it was in the 50's yesterday and 60's today.

Is it bad to froze the carport?

My Marley won't go for a walk when it's just raining. She was so tiny as a puppy, well still is. We trained her on those puppy training pads place right outside the back slider window. She still only goes on those. Makes it super easy to clean and for her to go when the weather is bad. I don't know how the little dogs can do their business when there is so much snow.

Good luck!!

I sure do need all the luck I can get! Do the puppy pad have some kind of smell on them to get puppy to pee on them?

Hey..did you, who live in the Carolinas, feel that earthquake?

I sure do need all the luck I can get! Do the puppy pad have some kind of smell on them to get puppy to pee on them?

The brand we use does not. I have seen some offered on tv that do have some sort of smell on them.

Is it bad to froze the carport?

Yes ... its a covered area and exposed on 2 sides ... when it was snowing the wind was blowing snow all the way in to the door(a car length) when the temps warm up it will melt it just a little since it isn't exposed to the sun and at night it will refreeze into a solid sheet of ice.

Hey..did you, who live in the Carolinas, feel that earthquake?

No I didn't, I posted a link to that in current events before I saw this. But people were posting on FB that they felt it in Granite Falls and Hickory which is 20 minutes away.

Yes ... its a covered area and exposed on 2 sides ... when it was snowing the wind was blowing snow all the way in to the door(a car length) when the temps warm up it will melt it just a little since it isn't exposed to the sun and at night it will refreeze into a solid sheet of ice.

Oh wow, that's new to me. I don't know about freeze is bad for carport.

I think you remember - NC was my birthplace state and I was born in New Bern when my father served in Marine. It is in eastern part of NC and there was snow in 1987 or 1988 when I was baby.

I went to NC in Jan 2012 - in Raleigh and Durham, stayed at hotel in Greensboro and drove all way to Asheville for out to eat then drove thorough mountain area to TN (all I-40). I had fun time while traveling in NC.

I think you remember - NC was my birthplace state and I was born in New Bern when my father served in Marine. It is in eastern part of NC and there was snow in 1987 or 1988 when I was baby.

I went to NC in Jan 2012 - in Raleigh and Durham, stayed at hotel in Greensboro and drove all way to Asheville for out to eat then drove thorough mountain area to TN (all I-40). I had fun time while traveling in NC.

I didn't know you were from NC thats cool :D your young 87-88 was my freshman year of high school lol I'm in western NC near Hickory but travel to Winston a few times a year ...

its a concrete carport and its sloped a little inwards for a drain that runs into the gutter drain pipe so when it melts if its within that slope it runs in too ...

A fellow Marine Corps brat? I was born in Charlotte but grew up inSneads Ferry off base (Camp Lejeune). :)

A pedestrian walks in the snow along Ski Run Boulevard in South Lake Tahoe, Calif.

920x920.jpg

Back