MomtoIsandEm -- Please Read

As for putting on the CI, I get like loud beeps (I'm not sure what to call it actually) for 3-4 seconds...not too loud, but is noticable.

Er...a little tidbit on that. If you listen carefully, it is the number of beeps corresponding to what your program was last set to. So, if you were on pgm #2, you will hear two beeps. That is a great help if you didn't remember what it was before you took it off. You have probably noticed that when you shift programs that it beeps as well. Very handy to know! ;)

It's so interesting and beneficial to hear from all you adults who have CI's. Funny...Emma just started taking off her Ci and giving it to me saying "all done" about an hour before she goes to bed...i'm glad we have the BTE now because I bet she's wanted to take it off and with the fannie pack of the bodyworn sprint she never told me that. I always listen to what she wants and if she wants to take it off, there is a reason because she loves it.

It's so interesting and beneficial to hear from all you adults who have CI's. Funny...Emma just started taking off her Ci and giving it to me saying "all done" about an hour before she goes to bed...i'm glad we have the BTE now because I bet she's wanted to take it off and with the fannie pack of the bodyworn sprint she never told me that. I always listen to what she wants and if she wants to take it off, there is a reason because she loves it.
Weære lucky that our daughters like the CI. Would hate to have to force CI on them.
(We almost needed to do that with HA's...)

BTW.. I updated Lotte's blog with info from here.... regarding "what she hears:"

I completely agree! When she wants it off, it comes off imediately. When she wants it on, same. My wife and i noticed that on weekends, Lilly likes to sit around in the mornings on weekends and watch cartoons with her CI off. I ask her if she wants it on, she shakes her head NO. I wait for about a half hour then ask again. She usually wants it by that time, if she hasnt told me so before then.

As an adult bilateral CI user, I also like giving myself a "rest" on the weekends by keeping my processors off in the morning. I'm not much of a morning person to begin with and although I *love* my CIs and the hearing they provide, I don't like to hear alot of "racket" first thing in the morning. :)

Back