Mom Makes Daughter Stand on Street Corner

DoofusMama said:
Dang.. Liebling:)))... I had to disagree with you.. I will smack you back with bat if you hit that mother.. cuz she did the right thing.. she is TRYING TO IMPROVE her daughter so she can live fullifull with life in future.. and mother spend damn money and spend her times with troubled daughter, still yet she didnt learned lessons for long run till that mother kick her to curb with poster. so Of course I agreed with that mother!

(having headaches.. you guys are different).. my gloves are off for now.. till it gets out of hand, I will butt in...

CyberRed.. thanks so much for the thread.. it bring us eye openers how or what we treat our kids.. eh..

huggs.. hang in there who are frustrated mothers in here..

I'm disagree with you, too. This humiliation will NEVER solve anything but harm and negative children's behavior in the future... she will have problem with relationship, marriage, family, social life, etc in the future.

DoofusMama said:
I am sorry too that I disagree with you... I would like to have our kids get job when they are 15... why? improve their living skills and career that helps them to make decisions what their future holds... AND earn money to saving, what not or do spend on... and if they want own a car, they need to save $ and if they want own cell phone at 15, they need to save $... for the car, I will help with insurance (its law).. for the cell phone, I will help with account.. (you must have parent or over 18 to sign)... but they have to pay the mintues.. if they do well with their responisble or chores something like that.. or I want to treat them.. I will buy calling card.. so they wont spend $ on something stupid..
Job... part time during school week maybe 2 or 3 times between monday-thurs and sunday.. fri and saturday can work more hours.. plus summer job too..

what if your child is into drugs and have criminal records, keep cause your family jeorday or troubles, I will have to kick them out and place them other homes.. why? protect yourself and other kids too.. they will thank you for doing that.. when they get older.

:bump: Doofmama EXACTLY!! :aw: Doofmama, you are the BEST mom and I know you do.. You are just like my mother!! That is what my mother been trying to teach me. She went hell with me and tried to get me open up and realize how hard it would be. I gave up and I had to open up and listen what my mother tell me. My mother know what the best for me. And guess what, I got a job when I was 16 at gas pump up station and was in Freshman in high school, I had to work every day after school till 8:30pm and then come home and study and finish my homework and then go to bed. It improved.. It brought my grades up till 11th grade in high school and I quitted my job and had good grades, 3.8 GPA and was in Softball team with honor letters.

I would do the same thing with my son Kyler if he get smarty with me.

You know what? I had my first job at the age of 14, I wasn't allow to open a bank account because I was a minor, so my mom had to open an account for us and we are not allow to touch the money until we are 18 years old, when I became 18, I never saw a penny of my money I worked hard for since the age of 14, I found out she spend my whole working money. :( Talk about mother knows best? There are some mothers out there aren't good mothers.

Liebling:-))) said:
I'm disagree with you, too. This humiliation will NEVER solve anything but harm and negative children's behavior in the future... she will have problem with relationship, marriage, family, social life, etc in the future.

Well.. its not HUMILIATION!!! as well, she learned hard lessons from her mother.... her mother tried to get her better life and better educations and she tried to point out to daughter, that she was failing and not do homeworks.. her daughter is rebillious... since I read all posts.. seems we missed out some..

Your previous post about bully... Peer pressure.. friends.. school kids.. they tend to make fun or bully others make others feel self esteem low or high... looks like that daughter involved wrong crowd which made her grades failed or lost interested in educations and gave mother good hard time.. Just like my daughter.. same concepts, my daughter failed few classes, her behaviours were horrible last year.. where did she get that? her friends and kids at school... she want to be one of them so she wont be make fun of...
I worked so damn hard.. and that mother beat me to it.. she put her foot down and kick her daughter out to the corner and hold the poster... I would done that too!! its not humiliation.. its hard learn lesson!!

All of us arent perfect.. Liebling:))) we cant make people or children to have perfect life.. only we teach them what or where or how the best or better for them..

we all make mistakes.. look at me.. my parents raised me very good and very strict but beside that mom's parts.. I thanked my dad for the strict and displinces (he beat the shyt out of me when displinces come to).. but I am not going to blame my parents for my actions.. after I graudated and on my own, went to community college.. my life changed after that.. my life is so mess..I got into many drugs became junkie, and AA.. I wouldnt put blame on my children.. I fixed the problem.. make things better and happy..

Now I have 6 children.. Of course I am in great depressions and stress but I am not taking out on the children or blame them.. I fought so hard to keep family together.. It didnt mean that children's future will be negative or bad life..

For example.. child(ren) who suffered by parents's drug or drinking addictions.. some of them might gone same steps as their parents but later lesson learned by rehabilations or support groups.. changed their lives.. because back then in 80's or early ages.. the parents dont have better support groups or rehabilations than now days... now days they provided better and caring and loving supported groups.. and more laws...
children can learned by their parents and change thier steps not going there and have better life..

Life is Life.. we live on... and go on... we fall in many paths, dangers, good, bright, happy, sad, bad.... life if the children are into that, we parents need to displince, caring, sharing with love, give up, walk away, kick in butts, put them in groups or foster home.. because you cant do anything that you can displince like.. spank , slap their face if they talk back to you in vain of God's name... beat their butts with stick or belts.. nothing learn hard lessons, because parents can put in jail.. we stuck.. so instead that mother put her daughter in corner.. its HARMLESS!!! only daughter is holding poster.. thats harm to her by learn hard lessons.. mother did the right thing... -period...

*~ note... dont pity me about my life was mess.. because I am not perfect.. and no one is.. if someone think she/he is perfect.. have to kiss my a$$...

CrazyMomma said:
:bump: Doofmama EXACTLY!! :aw: Doofmama, you are the BEST mom and I know you do.. You are just like my mother!! That is what my mother been trying to teach me. She went hell with me and tried to get me open up and realize how hard it would be. I gave up and I had to open up and listen what my mother tell me. My mother know what the best for me. And guess what, I got a job when I was 16 at gas pump up station and was in Freshman in high school, I had to work every day after school till 8:30pm and then come home and study and finish my homework and then go to bed. It improved.. It brought my grades up till 11th grade in high school and I quitted my job and had good grades, 3.8 GPA and was in Softball team with honor letters.

I would do the same thing with my son Kyler if he get smarty with me.

:fruit: ^5.. thanks Crazymomma.. yes, parttime job and educations wont make any differences.. it boost the self esteem to be proud and pride.. make the education better.. but but.. depends on jobs, if its very STRESS that is different.. like flipping burgers , clerks, gas pup station like you did... its most challenge thing because meet other peer pressure too.. make friends and learn from them what wrong-right..
if the job make education downhill, its parent's responsible to remove and place different job to improve the self esteem... or less stress.. or something like that.. like i said to my kids .. you are still under my wing till they are 18 years old!... i have my rights to do anything with them.. -period lol..

Cheri said:
You know what? I had my first job at the age of 14, I wasn't allow to open a bank account because I was a minor, so my mom had to open an account for us and we are not allow to touch the money until we are 18 years old, when I became 18, I never saw a penny of my money I worked hard for since the age of 14, I found out she spend my whole working money. :( Talk about mother knows best? There are some mothers out there aren't good mothers.

Awww :hug: I am sorry... some mothers are like that.. but most mothers arent like that though...

my plan for my children.. when they have job.. I will encourage them to put 1/2 out from paycheck put in savings acct.. and 1/2 or 1/4 to spend.. maybe own me some money or pay whoever they owe...

I have other savings but I wouldnt allow them put in or touch till they are 21 or they are in college... its for college only.. if they dont go college till they have baby or children (unplanned or planned).. it will support them.. but I still not yet mention about it till they plan with their life at the moment....... that savings I have that I saved since they born.. who people gave or donated and i saved my money and put in it..

I still refused to take out if emergency needed like move out or bills or homeless.. still refused touch them. its for only children's future life.. it shows that I really care about them and wanted them to have money and have life to live on....

DoofusMama said:
:fruit: ^5.. thanks Crazymomma.. yes, parttime job and educations wont make any differences.. it boost the self esteem to be proud and pride.. make the education better.. but but.. depends on jobs, if its very STRESS that is different.. like flipping burgers , clerks, gas pup station like you did... its most challenge thing because meet other peer pressure too.. make friends and learn from them what wrong-right..
if the job make education downhill, its parent's responsible to remove and place different job to improve the self esteem... or less stress.. or something like that.. like i said to my kids .. you are still under my wing till they are 18 years old!... i have my rights to do anything with them.. -period lol..

That is right!! It's tough..

I first start the job, and I was making minimum wage, which I can't go farther. I asked the people that I first working in the pump gas, that guy make more money, and I asked him with curious, how did you move up, he said, well, I work my butt off and went to school all the way and finally got a college degree and stay out from trouble and stay involve with community and it will make a better life and better educations. That got me realize. I can see people who have junk car, which got me to look hard at the people with junk car, they don't have high school degree or other job or college degree, they are being rude and everything. And I can see people drive up with nice car and fancy cars, fancy clothes, nice shoes, and it tell me that they have high school degree or college degree and having a normal life and involve in the good people and they are always nice people and pleasure.

Now I finally realize how it works. Teenagers doesn't open their eyes and ears, they can be trouble with school and the community and falling in the bad crowd. Mother know the best and mother have good reasons to discplinies the teenager to "wake up" and look around first. It's take couple days for teenagers to realize. I don't know if you remember watching the TV show, Brat Camp, it was on ABC channel. It's a good reason to send your teenager there to realize and straight up their attitudes and repuations. I am glad they show Brat Camp show, but sadly they don't show on TV for a while. I am hoping it would come back again.

DoofusMama said:
Well.. its not HUMILIATION!!! as well, she learned hard lessons from her mother....

To public and get reporters to take picture of them to press the newspapers to the world and then let friends and schoolmates bully her after read the newspapers is not humiliation to you?. .. Interesting... :ugh:

her mother tried to get her better life and better educations and she tried to point out to daughter, that she was failing and not do homeworks.. her daughter is rebillious...

It didn´t say what/how her daughter´s behaviour come from? Nobody knows the relationship between a mother and a daughter. How her rebeillious behaviour come from?
If a daughter is really rebellious... she would say :madfawk: to her mother for try to get her with sign to the public but she didn´t... ? I can´t see the sense how could a mother get her to the public and let the newspapers to spread out to the world if she is really rebellious..

since I read all posts.. seems we missed out some..

Yes, I can see that we missed some of our posts... I am trying to point out the subject about bullies at school. Let me explain please.

Your previous post about bully... Peer pressure.. friends.. school kids.. they tend to make fun or bully others make others feel self esteem low or high... looks like that daughter involved wrong crowd which made her grades failed or lost interested in educations and gave mother good hard time.. Just like my daughter.. same concepts, my daughter failed few classes, her behaviours were horrible last year.. where did she get that? her friends and kids at school... she want to be one of them so she wont be make fun of...

The subject about bully what I talking about in my previous posts is her daughter, not your daughter because your issue is different as her daughter issue, that´s what I disagree with few members in previous posts.

See the example of some posts saying that it´s normal to let schoolmates to bully her daughter after read the newspaper because it´s her fault, not mother... It give her lesson to being bully by schoolmates or friends after read the newspapers or saw them in the public. Is it okay?

I worked so damn hard

Yes, me too... with my eldest ADD son is not very easy job. I work very hard and work together with counsellor and therapies... My condition with my eldest son is fucking worst than mother tried with her daughter´s behavior, that´s why I don´t understand that mother because I done it well to improve my eldest son´s behavior WITHOUT humilation or harsh punishment. My both children know how to respect us. My son got ADD since birth but daughter got rebellious since birth? Oh nooooo

.. and that mother beat me to it.. she put her foot down and kick her daughter out to the corner and hold the poster... I would done that too!!
its not humiliation.. its hard learn lesson!!

Okay, I respect your decision what you think is right. Try with your daughter what a mother did with her daughter and plus get reporter to take picture of you and your daughter to public and to the world to see either it work or not.. Good Luck.

All of us arent perfect.. Liebling:))) we cant make people or children to have perfect life.. only we teach them what or where or how the best or better for them..

Yes, exactly! I already mentioned in my previous posts here and also other threads, too that it´s impossible to have children with 100% well behave and prefect as angel but it's important is develop good self-esteem and positive their life. That´s matter to me.

we all make mistakes

Yes

Now I have 6 children.. Of course I am in great depressions and stress but I am not taking out on the children or blame them.. I fought so hard to keep family together.. It didnt mean that children's future will be negative or bad life..

Yes it´s correct to not blame children, but YOU, ME and EVERY PARENTS who expose them to with form of our discipline. If we want to positive our children´s future then do SOMETHING instead of use abuses, humiliation, harsh punishment, etc.

For example.. child(ren) who suffered by parents's drug or drinking addictions.. some of them might gone same steps as their parents but later lesson learned by rehabilations or support groups.. changed their lives.. because back then in 80's or early ages.. the parents dont have better support groups or rehabilations than now days... now days they provided better and caring and loving supported groups.. and more laws...
children can learned by their parents and change thier steps not going there and have better life..

Yes correct... look example about my one year younger sister. She´s heavily drug addict. There´re plenty of rehabilations, counsellor, therapies etc who can help her but she refused to get the help... look at my mom... she is an alochoic - seek the help dozen of times to dry herself but it doesn´t work on her... My mom started to drinking when I was teenager. She is still and disappeared my life in 1995. My sister started drugs and drinking in 1993.
Like you or others who SEEKING the help with STRONG WILLING to rid of drugs, drinking etc. which it´s great but my sister and mother... :ugh: I know that my mom and sister are not only one who refused to get the help but a lot of people like this... Some of them willing to get the help... Not very easy... That´s why I make sure that my children get positive life... it´s ME...

Life is Life.. we live on... and go on... we fall in many paths, dangers, good, bright, happy, sad, bad.... life if the children are into that, we parents need to displince, caring, sharing with love,

Yes correct, that´s children need parent´s affection.

give up, walk away, kick in butts, put them in groups or foster home.. because you cant do anything that you can displince like.. spank , slap their face if they talk back to you in vain of God's name... beat their butts with stick or belts.. nothing learn hard lessons, because parents can put in jail..

Corpation punishment etc are ban in Germany, (of course it´s not just Germany but Europe...) We are not allow to humiliate/harsh punish our children to the public or emotional, physical, vebal abuse etc. Parents were put in jail for that or take their children away to give foster families... penatly fine.... There´re hot debate in parent conference at 10 years ago... They convinced us the reason they have to protect children due children protection law and show us the pictures of abuse children.. explain us that the parents spank their children but children´s misbehavior come again.. then again... it doesnt work on children then try something more and more then end to physical abuse... kill children by accidental... which they doesn´t mean but they are angry over their behavior and too upset that they kill their children. I understood and agree to this, that´s why we need their advice/tips how to develop our children without stress, etc.

we stuck.. so instead that mother put her daughter in corner.. its HARMLESS!!! only daughter is holding poster.. thats harm to her by learn hard lessons.. mother did the right thing... -period...

To me, it´s HARM, period

*~ note... dont pity me about my life was mess.. because I am not perfect.. and no one is.. if someone think she/he is perfect.. have to kiss my a$$...

:dunno: We all knows that we all are not prefect parents but we want to be good parents what we CAN, that´s important... It´s nothing do with prefect... I really has no idea why you brought the subject over "prefection" because we all know we are not prefect.

CrazyMomma said:
Teenagers doesn't open their eyes and ears,

Teenagers CAN respect their parents only if they make positive discipline. I know it´s not easy for the parents to deal with teenagers but they try what they can. I myself has teenage son... 12 years old.

they can be trouble with school and the community and falling in the bad crowd.

Yes that´s right but I put my children to good school with good reputation.. I would not put my children to school with bad reputation then it could influence my children´s behavior.

Mother know the best and mother have good reasons to discplinies the teenager to "wake up" and look around first.

Not always... Look the example about Cheri´s post. It´s impossible to know that every parents are 100% prefect... of course EVERY parents and children makes mistakes... I also make mistake, too and of course aplogoy my children... my children apology me for their mistakes.

It's take couple days for teenagers to realize. I don't know if you remember watching the TV show, Brat Camp, it was on ABC channel. It's a good reason to send your teenager there to realize and straight up their attitudes and repuations. I am glad they show Brat Camp show, but sadly they don't show on TV for a while. I am hoping it would come back again.

I read your link about Brat Camp and know I´m right about this...

Brat Camp took place at SageWalk, The Wilderness School -- a therapeutic wilderness program in Oregon that serves as an intense intervention program for troubled teens between the ages of 13 and 17 who may be experiencing emotional, academic, and/or behavioral problems.

:| Oh gee.. I guess we are the different moms, and we have the different ways to teach the children how to grow up.

I respect your words, and I still don't agree with your opinions. I guess Germans are different in USA..

Mine was different and I came from a close knit family, I don't have emotional problem or anything, but I have hard head and finally my mom cracked my head to realize what educations, job and the world would mean to me. My mom is like Doofmama, and this woman in the link but Mom went hell with me... But she did better job on raising those kids. Me and my other siblings went thru the same thing, but we award her with a BIG certificate that say BEST MOM in the WHOLE WORLD for putting up with us and we all have graduated from school and we all have a great jobs and we all have good SUV and trucks and we all have a nice house to live and we have reach the goals that we have wished for. Thanks to our mom!

I would do that same thing if my son would act like that teenager, that spoiled brat, I will go thru what my mom have done to me. I am not letting him to control me or tell me what to do. He is not my boss, he is my son and I am the boss and I tell him what to do, and he live under my roof.

I guess you just had to be there.
I dunno, though, if this would work out to everyone's benefit.
*taking deep breath*
When I was about ten years old, and when my dad was out of town, my mom made me dress as a girl when I misbehaved.
I still love my mom dearly of course, but some part of me still feels resentment.
I realize now of course that it was Mom's mental instability at the time that caused this, not me. I sorta thought I was way over this, but the fact I am bringing it up here shows that it still stings.
go figure, lol.
Hurting your children emotionally is as harsh as physical punishment, probably even worse.

Liebling:-))) said:
... and then let friends and schoolmates bully her after read the newspapers is not humiliation to you?
I reread the article, and could not find anything about the girl's schoolmates or friends bullying her. Where did you get that information?

Corpation punishment etc are ban in Germany, (of course it´s not just Germany but Europe...) ...They convinced us the reason they have to protect children due children protection law and show us the pictures of abuse children.. . that´s why we need their advice/tips how to develop our children without stress, etc.
That's too bad. I hope that never happens in America.

DoofusMama said:
I am sorry too that I disagree with you... I would like to have our kids get job when they are 15... why? improve their living skills and career that helps them to make decisions what their future holds... AND earn money to saving, what not or do spend on... and if they want own a car, they need to save $ and if they want own cell phone at 15, they need to save $... for the car, I will help with insurance (its law).. for the cell phone, I will help with account.. (you must have parent or over 18 to sign)... but they have to pay the mintues.. if they do well with their responisble or chores something like that.. or I want to treat them.. I will buy calling card.. so they wont spend $ on something stupid..
Job... part time during school week maybe 2 or 3 times between monday-thurs and sunday.. fri and saturday can work more hours.. plus summer job too..

what if your child is into drugs and have criminal records, keep cause your family jeorday or troubles, I will have to kick them out and place them other homes.. why? protect yourself and other kids too.. they will thank you for doing that.. when they get older.

It is a big dream for u and hope it works out for you, it is not easy as u think. U need a signature from school to let them work if they are under 18 and must have a good grade to get the job. Then u will have to deal with people your kids may work with. I went thru this before with my oldest son, he started work at 17 and hanged around with older people. you see the older people he used to work buy him beers and took him to many party and many other things I do not want to know etc. Now u know I am against anyone under 17 to work a place where they will hang around with olders. It will lead them into trouble and failure in school. He was lucky because during his senior year was soooo easy for him and only need three classes to graduate. Then my youngest son, I forbid him to get a job during school year, only allow him to work on the summer job and sometime work on weekend whatever he find alike yard work etc. Because today at the school, they are more harder and heavy classes for senior to graduate than ever before. It was hell for my youngest son to pass all classes plus must do senior project before he can graduate. He does not had time to work a part time job. Graduate from high school is a MUST, part time job is not important. We gave him alot chores to earn money and he learned to save money as long as he did work for us. we gave him allowance and made sure he finished high school. Of course my husband does not see same eye as me but remember my husband worked since 15 and he did not graduate because he rather to work than finish school. I won't allow that happen to my son, he and his dad are alikeness.

Most kids who work and goes to school at the same time will not graduate from high school. That was what they told me. I wish my oldest son does not work part time so he can get straight A's but instead of he worked 20 hours a week and goes to school. Does not have time to study or do homework. School was too easy for him but not responsible enough to get A's instead of he get b's without doing homework and study. anyway they are all grown up and work full time job and goes to school. At the end I did very well with them.

Why would u want to kick your kids out of house if they are not so angel? By the law parents are responsible for kids under 18. I know couple kids who got kicked out by their parents, their parents are so screw up themselves in first place make their kids acted up against them.

U want your kids have responsible with cars and insurance. Good luck on that one.

CrazyMomma said:
:| Oh gee.. I guess we are the different moms, and we have the different ways to teach the children how to grow up.

Yeah, I would suggest you to watch SuperNanny... Her form of discipline is the same as mine because it reduce more stressful and rebellious...

I respect your words, and I still don't agree with your opinions.

me too.

I guess Germans are different in USA..

Huh. It's nothing do with different between America, Germany and other countries in the world.

I have check German and American websites to compare the form of discipline. They are the SAME..... That's just because the parents refuse to know about this and beleive their discipline are right which it's not true. No wonder why a lot of children are rebelious against their parents due form of their negative discipline/harsh punishment/humiliation etc. I rather not want to have my children to rebelious against us. I rather to learn anything from counsellor, therapies, watch SuperNanny on TV, family magazine etc. how to expose my children in postive way than learn from my own family's discipline how they exposed me in the past.

Mine was different and I came from a close knit family, I don't have emotional problem or anything, but I have hard head and finally my mom cracked my head to realize what educations, job and the world would mean to me. My mom is like Doofmama, and this woman in the link but Mom went hell with me... But she did better job on raising those kids. Me and my other siblings went thru the same thing, but we award her with a BIG certificate that say BEST MOM in the WHOLE WORLD for putting up with us and we all have graduated from school and we all have a great jobs and we all have good SUV and trucks and we all have a nice house to live and we have reach the goals that we have wished for. Thanks to our mom!

I'm surprised to know that you think it's okay because a lot of people, I know would not want to expose their children like what their parents did to them in the past... You are a first person who say this here. :eek: Honestly, I can see that Doofmama is different as your mom because I can tell thru her posts. Doofmama is work hard to take care of her children and tried to help their children what she can which different as your mom because your mom threaten you a lot. It's vebal abuse what your mom did to you. Doofmama did not threaten her children like this but I will be surprised that Doofmama will want to try to do that to her daughter like what a mother did to her daughter.

I would do that same thing if my son would act like that teenager, that spoiled brat, I will go thru what my mom have done to me. I am not letting him to control me or tell me what to do. He is not my boss, he is my son and I am the boss and I tell him what to do, and he live under my roof.

This is your choice to want to use your mom's form of "discipline" to expose your son like this... and not beleive anyone's suggestion/advice/tip etc. Of course your son will rebellious against you if you use your mom's form of discipline like this because it will show your son disrespect on you more and more. It's your decision what you beleive is right... You will be surprised when you see your son turn disrespectful against you.

You CAN show your son who are the boss in your firm limit way WITHOUT use harsh punishment/humiliation/abuses. My children know I'm boss and respect us with no problem without harsh punishment/humiliation/abuse, etc.

Crazymomma's post
Doofmama, you are the BEST mom and I know you do.

You always said like this to anyone in your previous posts...

Okay for now... For your information: I ALWAY know I am a good mother. I don't care either you disagree with me or not because I know myself that I'm a good mother. :)

[
QUOTE=Reba]I reread the article, and could not find anything about the girl's schoolmates or friends bullying her. Where did you get that information?

:rofl: huh? Come on!!! This is a logical!!! I thought you also know it, too.

Everyone knows that the children could be cruel and mock/bully other children... Do you really think the schoolmates comfort a girl and awwww :hug: a girl ? Of course they mock her after saw a newspaper or street...

For your information, this is a article, a mother boast about her "discipline" to her daughter - don't care how a daughter feel and how her friends and schoolmates think but her own word..

That's too bad. I hope that never happens in America.
[/QUOTE]

:eek: I have to add some examples here because you ask for it. Well, may I remind you few examples?

I remember some US articles in other threads about US father put jail because a US father kiss baby's belly... They suspect him as sexual abuse... huh? What's that? :cold:

A US mother won at battle court for sexual abuse to have her baby back because the storer saw it after develop the picture of mother bath with baby together and inform to authority... mother bath with baby together... "sexual abuse"... .. Huh?

Storer inform police that a mother order dance belly to celebrate her 16 years old son's birthday party... huh?

It look like that they have no freedom of their privacy... It look like that they have different law over form of sexual abuse as in Germany... or what? Why you claim that you hope it never happened in America. ?

I have many pictures to taken of me bath with my babies.. storers did not inform authority because they know it's natural, not sex abuse...

Anyway, you said that my German law is too bad and hope it will never happen in America... Really?

The statistic shows that Child Poverty is 2nd place in the world is in America... also high volience, crimes, etc. The government suppose to take care of children's rights to against abuses, neglect, fix more law etc. etc. because it would help to reduce volience, crimes, rebellious, etc than worry about WAR...

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_chi_pov

Check this because it also affect emotional maltreatment...
http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/childneglect.html

You and other members always said that Germany is not freedom country... Then you should see link yourself.

Freedom in the World, 2005
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0930918.html

German law ban corpation punishment etc but it shows that we have low volience, drugs, abuse, etc than America. Now you see yourself that harsh punishment/humiliation are the responsible to increase more and more volience, aggressive, rebelion, disrespectful etc.

I'm glad that government make sure that our country protect children's right because it's safety. I rather to choose any place where we want to be safety for myself and my family because it's less fear and stress...

You should see yourself...

Recognizing Violence Warning Signs In Others
http://www.apahelpcenter.org/featuredtopics/feature.php?id=38&ch=3

What You Can Do If Someone You Know Shows Violence Warning Signs
http://www.apahelpcenter.org/featuredtopics/feature.php?id=38&ch=4

Violence Against Self
http://www.apahelpcenter.org/featuredtopics/feature.php?id=38&ch=8

Government are suppose to take care of this and worry how to stop the volience, etc.... instead of spend money on war.

Mental Health Journal

What is Emotional Abuse?

Emotional abuse is when an intimate partner has...

continually criticized you, called you names or shouted at you
insulted or driven away your friends or family
humiliated you in private or public
kept you from working, controlled your money or made all the decisions
refused to work or to share money
taken car keys or money from you
regularly threatened to leave or told you to leave
threatened to kidnap the children when the abuser was angry with you
abused pets to hurt you
manipulated you with lies and contradictions

http://www.therapistfinder.net/Domestic-Violence/Emotional-Abuse.html

EMOTIONAL ABUSE

a definition of verbal abuse

- You understand their feelings, but they never attempt to understand yours;

- They dismiss your difficulties or issues as unimportant or an overreaction;

- They do not listen to you;

- They always put their needs before yours;

- They expect you to perform tasks that you find unpleasant or humiliating;

- You "walk on eggshells" in an effort not to upset them;

- They ignore logic and prefer amateur theatrics in order to remain the centre of attention;

- Instead manipulate you into feeling guilty for things that have nothing to do with you;

- They attempt to destroy any outside support you receive by belittling the people/ service/practice in an attempt to retain exclusive control over your emotions;

- They never take responsibility for hurting others;

- They blame everyone and everything else for any unfortunate events in their lives;

- They perceive themselves as martyrs or victims and constantly expect preferential treatment.

what is emotional abuse?

There is no universally accepted definition of emotional abuse. Like other forms of violence in relationships, emotional abuse is based on power and control. The following are widely recognized as forms of emotional abuse:

rejecting

- refusing to acknowledge a person's presence, value or worth; communicating to a person that she or he is useless or inferior; devaluing her/his thoughts and feelings. Example: repeatedly treating a child differently from siblings in a way that suggests resentment, rejection or dislike for the child.

degrading

- insulting, ridiculing, name calling, imitating and infantilizing; behaviour which diminishes the identity, dignity and self-worth of the person. Examples: yelling, swearing, publicly humiliating or labelling a person as stupid; mimicking a person's disability; treating a senior as if she or he cannot make decisions.

terrorizing

- inducing terror or extreme fear in a person; coercing by intimidation; placing or threatening to place a person in an unfit or dangerous environment. Examples: forcing a child to watch violent acts toward other family members or pets; threatening to leave, physically hurt or kill a person, pets or people she / he cares about; threatening to destroy a person's possessions; threatening to have a person deported or put in an institution; stalking.

isolating

- physical confinement; restricting normal contact with others; limiting freedom within a person's own environment. Examples: excluding a senior from participating in decisions about her or his own life; locking a child in a closet or room alone; refusing a female partner or senior access to her or his own money and financial affairs; withholding contact with grandchildren; depriving a person of mobility aids or transportation.

corrupting/exploiting

- socializing a person into accepting ideas or behaviour which oppose legal standards; using a person for advantage or profit; training a child to serve the interests of the abuser and not of the child. Examples: child sexual abuse; permitting a child to use alcohol or drugs or see pornography; enticing a person into the sex trade.

denying emotional responsiveness

- failing to provide care in a sensitive and responsive manner; being detached and uninvolved; interacting only when necessary; ignoring a person's mental health needs. Examples: ignoring a child's attempt to interact; failing to show affection, caring and / or love for a child; treating a senior who lives in an institution as though she / he is an object or "a job to be done."

- Emotional abuse accompanies other forms of abuse, but also may occur on its own;

- No abuse - neglect, physical, sexual or financial - can occur without psychological consequences. Therefore all abuse contains elements of emotional abuse;

- Emotional abuse follows a pattern; it is repeated and sustained. If left unchecked, abuse does not get better over time. It only gets worse;

- Like other forms of violence in relationships, those who hold the least power and resources in society, for example, women and children, are most often emotionally abused;

- Emotional abuse can severely damage a person's sense of self-worth and perception;

- In children, emotional abuse can impair psychological development, including: intelligence, memory, recognition, perception, attention, imagination and moral development; and

- Emotional abuse can also affect a child's social development and may result in an impaired ability to perceive, feel, understand and express emotions.

possible indicators of emotional abuse

- depression;

- withdrawal;

- low self-esteem;

- severe anxiety;

- fearfulness;

- failure to thrive in infancy;

- aggression;

- emotional instability;

- sleep disturbances;

- physical complaints with no medical basis;

- inappropriate behaviour for age or development;

- overly passive/compliant;

- suicide attempts or discussion;

- extreme dependence;

- underachievement;

- inability to trust;

- stealing;

- other forms of abuse present or suspected;

- feelings of shame and guilt;

- frequent crying;

- self-blame/self-depreciation;

- overly passive/compliant;

- delay or refusal of medical treatment;

- discomfort or nervousness around caregiver or relative;

- substance abuse; and

- avoidance of eye contact.

http://www.thisisawar.com/AbuseEmotional.htm

Each of us have different opinions, and nobody is wrong here, It just how they raise their children. I'll tell you one story about my uncle and aunt, They spoiled their children rots, I have a cousin who is 24 years old her father been paying her bills since she moved out at the age of 18 of her parents house, He even brought her a car and insurance!

She does work she only spend her money on parties... Her parents pays all her bills and when she wanted to move out to live somewhere else they had to cover her one year lease by paying it in full so that she can move somewhere else. Whatever she wants something they run to her rescue. I never like how they do that because she will never learn to be responsible on her own. Even my whole family don't agree how my uncle and aunt are teaching their children. They let their daughter take control. When she wants something she shall get it quick! That's crazy if you ask me,

What can I do? I have no business telling them how to raise their daughter and each of us are parents we have to raise our kids the way we think we know best. Even through each parent doesn't do better than one another.

So, Liebling if you think that the mother is damaging her daughter psychical and mental, That's doesn't mean you are wrong. That's is just how you believe, but on the other hand I believe that the mother did the best she could do in order to make her daughter successful, as being responsible. :thumb:

Sorry for going off-topic alit. :bump:

Cheri, I really don´t care what your Uncle & Aunt doing with their daughter because it´s not our business... As long as they are happy is fine with us as their daughter is good to them in return is also fine with us, too.

It´s important is they did not punish/humilate/abuse their daughter and it´s bad if a daughter is selfish and spoil brat and don´t care about their parents.

Each parents have different form of discipline how to expose their children is fine with us but form of abuse is a different story.

May I correct you? It´s not physical abuse but Emotional abuse.. :ily: I already add the link about emotional abuse. No it´s not just my belief but every websites in the world say the same... also SuperNanny, too..

FYI A country in the world with the lowest crime rate. Do you know what their punishment for any crimes, the punishment severe will depend on the severity of crime. That's Signapore!

A professional with bamboo, they tied the convicts and pull pants down and spank with bamboo, so precise that it cause severe pain. I am not sure about the execution part. But I know they use bamboo to spank for small crime maybe one strike, for mild can go as high as 10. You will cry and disable for a while.

So, point is howcome Singapore has the lowest crime rate in the world. They got most citizen in respectful manner! They all don't want to deal with that bamboo punishment.

IMHO, I think they went too far BUT they worked so well for them.

diehardbiker65 said:
FYI A country in the world with the lowest crime rate. Do you know what their punishment for any crimes, the punishment severe will depend on the severity of crime. That's Signapore!

Yes, I has to agree with you. My hubby, my children & I went to Singapore on our winter vacation in 2000. Singaporeans are such beautiful and very respectful people including children. They have lovely personalities and very manner behavior. They are very fond of children and more respect on children. Yes, I´m agree that Singapore is beautiful, very clean, crime-free country. They are very strict about recycle in their country more than Germany. It´s great that my children show their respect on Singapore´s rule. No walk with eating, drinking, chewing gum, smoking... If you want smoke then you have to find place where you are allow to smoke is near to rubbish bin with cigarette tray... We sat on the bench and have our lunch... You have to pay $1,000 penatly fine if police saw you threw cigarettes, foods on the street... If you has no $1,000 to pay then you have to clean on the street for the whole week until end of your vacation. :eek:

A professional with bamboo, they tied the convicts and pull pants down and spank with bamboo, so precise that it cause severe pain. I am not sure about the execution part. But I know they use bamboo to spank for small crime maybe one strike, for mild can go as high as 10. You will cry and disable for a while.

Yes corpal punishment is legal in Singapore but all what I saw there are manner and respectful people.

So, point is howcome Singapore has the lowest crime rate in the world. They got most citizen in respectful manner! They all don't want to deal with that bamboo punishment.

Yes, you are right... but one thing, I´m interesting is: I know Death penatly is legal in America as the same as Singapore as well... Why high crimes in America and very low crime in Singapore when they have same legal over Death Penatly? What difference about them? All what I saw Singaporean parents are respectful people and rasing their children very good... show their love on their children a lot... respest them...

Back