Mom charged after 35-pound son begs for food

If he was home for a month, he would have gained weight if it was "dad's fault." I hope there is a special place for people like this...

I read a book years ago... forgot the name and author... but it was written by a man who was abused severely by his mother growing up. His story is one of the most extreme cases documented. He was the only one that was abused out of his 3 other siblings. So yes, it seems weird if he is the only one abused, but it can happen.

The name of the book you're talking about is called, A Child Called "It", written by Dave Pelzer, who went thru that type of abuse.

To those that hasn't read the book, A child called it. There's 3 or 4 books in order, I can't remember exactly if it was 3 or 4. I read it 5 years ago. Very very heart wretching story to read!

There was also another story of a family who was taking in foster children and then starving them feeding them only water and uncooked pancake mix. Even though there were STATE Child advocates no one said anything until one of the boys was going through a dumpster looking for food to eat and the neighbors recognized him. The neighbor thought he was 11 or 12 because his growth was so stunted and he was so skinny. It was later found out the boy was actually 18 or 19. After he and the other neglected kids were removed from the home, they all gained proper weight and the boy grew nearly a foot of height within a year. He is still short for his age but at least now he is no longer malnourished.

And oddly enough the same family had kids of their own that they never neglected or abused, but yet they abused the foster kids?

I think there is some sort of psychological problem going on there for a parent to treat one child really well and to outright neglect and abuse another, especially at the same time.

The name of the book you're talking about is called, A Child Called "It", written by Dave Pelzer, who went thru that type of abuse.

To those that hasn't read the book, A child called it. There's 3 or 4 books in order, I can't remember exactly if it was 3 or 4. I read it 5 years ago. Very very heart wretching story to read!

YES! That was it! It was such a sad story, but it was nice to see that the author obviously got out of it and got the help he needed. As for the "mother," I don't know what happened to her. Do you Tatty?

Jolie_77 said:
My question is, Why was the mother charged in the first place when she very well was trying to feed him? Since that boy was brought to her home in that condition, She might have tried her best to feed him but the child was not able to keep the food down. We don't really know what covers this because the media does not always have the whole story. We can't be too sure of anything until it is confirmed, otherwise

IF that's the case then explain to me why did this 10 years old boy went to the neighbor's door pleading for food if the mother did tried to feed him?...:hmm:

But you're right, the medias don't always tell the whole story, and sometimes they usually twisted it around just to get people to buy more....

YES! That was it! It was such a sad story, but it was nice to see that the author obviously got out of it and got the help he needed. As for the "mother," I don't know what happened to her. Do you Tatty?

No, I don't know what happened to her. I do know that he's got some new books out. I have not yet read them. Maybe one of the new books will say what has become of the mother? I don't know. Good question, though. :)

There was also another story of a family who was taking in foster children and then starving them feeding them only water and uncooked pancake mix. Even though there were STATE Child advocates no one said anything until one of the boys was going through a dumpster looking for food to eat and the neighbors recognized him. The neighbor thought he was 11 or 12 because his growth was so stunted and he was so skinny. It was later found out the boy was actually 18 or 19. After he and the other neglected kids were removed from the home, they all gained proper weight and the boy grew nearly a foot of height within a year. He is still short for his age but at least now he is no longer malnourished.

And oddly enough the same family had kids of their own that they never neglected or abused, but yet they abused the foster kids?

I think there is some sort of psychological problem going on there for a parent to treat one child really well and to outright neglect and abuse another, especially at the same time.
Dixie, your post really fascinate me, where link from this source?

IF that's the case then explain to me why did this 10 years old boy went to the neighbor's door pleading for food if the mother did tried to feed him?...:hmm:

But you're right, the medias don't always tell the whole story, and sometimes they usually twisted it around just to get people to buy more....

Honestly, I have no idea why it happened. It is possible that the mother lied and said she did all her might to feed the boy but on the other hand, it is possible that the child was actually fed but still was hungry, who knows?

When I was reading the story, something just did not "click" when the article said none of the children except for that 10 years old child was not found to be malnourished and neglected. Why was there only one child found to be malnourished and neglected? I mean, it doesn't make any sense.

Joile77, Your post is EXCELLENT POINT! Yes! I had the same thought as you said of quote above. the story is very controversy itself.

Let florida take care of the case and good luck to mother. :)

Problem is Florida has a crappy system in general. Born and raised there. Unfortunately, the child will probably get lost in the system. But damn, ten kids - the woman needs her uterus taken out! Why is it that most of the time, it's the stupid people have ten kids and the intelligent ones having one, two or three max? Not to say all people with many kids are stupid, but it seems they learn to keep their legs closed once they realize how expensive kids are and they can't afford any more. I do know wealthy people with six kids, but they can afford it, but it's very rare. As a journalist, I've seen so many families with ten or more kids and the parents can barely work minimum wage and live off the system.

she forget to give breast-feed to her son. What kind mother she is?

Ugh! Yucky! Sad!

Did police investigate the kitchen, refrig or food storage?
Yeah, a woman like this needs to learn a thing or two about
birth control.

this is horrible and sad story! I can't dare to do my own kids like that. I must make sure them keep their health and good nurtions.. my childern are for my admire, cherish and selfish.. :)

Anyway, Little child's mother who blamed his father, She shouldn't looking for a blame nor an excuse. its her responsbile. Why not she take him up to hospital and check it up what wrong with her child after his father drop him off at mother's place, huh?

She didn't want to take her responsbile for actions! Then she blame herself, not the little child's father nor the little child.. Ummm..

Yeah, speak for yourself with your fiancee.....

Back