Moderators

Do you think AD would be better off with more moderators?

• YES

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • NO

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I'm brain dead and haven't a clue

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
Why not RavenSteve1961? He always has time to surf any channel and lives with his mommie. Ensure that he can not make any comments since he is banned to AD. However, he can moderate on Alex's forum...

Ok, Eve, of the two methods I proffered, I like both but if the mods are to be able to jump into discussions AND they know just when to back off, I'm all for mods like that. It just depends on the mod and his/her personality, knowlege and knowing just how far they themselves can go in expressing particularly sensitive topics, esp religion, and politics Alex might be able to ascertain those attributes in potential new mods IF he even wants any......even though I think he could use the help to give the two he now has some relief.

Tousi said:
DD, hiya! I gather by your "....fair, impartial and UNINVOLVED(caps are mine)moderators and....." that you ascribe to the idea that mods should not express their own views in a given topic, right?

Tousi, hello! No, that's not my intent... I feel that the mods can post their opinions and views, however, when having to moderate over a thread, then that's where they have to be impartial and uninvolved... for example, you may remember a few choise threats that turned into flaming and threats - thats where the mods have to be careful... shut it down too late, there are hard feelings, shut it down too early, they ahve to reopen it for more of the same abuse. Voice somethng, they turn it upside down.

This is where we need someone that has a cool head... not a hothead that likes to diss some members and cause problems for others.

Ok, DD, what you just said is cool and tantamount to what I offered above, some mods, for a variety of reasons, might tend to operate within the confines of my suggestion nbr 2 where it's safer, and the parameters are very clear lol, and yet other mods might work within the more complicated parameters of suggestion nbr 1. Either way's cool with me; YET, who knows if Alex even wants more mods? I'd just as soon wait for something from him.

Back