Modded consoles rock.

Potman

Reaction score
after modding my xbox (xbox's my first console ever that got modded) i cant imagine going back to a non-modded console, im buying a ps2 with a ps2 modchip (matrix infinity), i cant buy x360 till there's a stable modchip available that supports hard drive gaming. it's not bec i dont wanna buy retail games (i still buy it sometimes if it's worthy or if there's a limited edition/collection edition, like halo 2 limited edition, and final fantasy XII collector edition), it's bec of the dvd drive that rots easily, and there're alot of awesome shit available for modded consoles (like emulators/xbmc/homebrew ports for xbox), and u can alter any game to something different.
for xbox there's gta sa total conversion (i made it, over 100 vehicles replaced to real life/popular fiction vehicles, fastfoods to kfc, burger king, pizza hut, clothing stores to foot locker, billboards to real life ads, etc, over 200-300 mbs worth of mods, not much freezing bs, extremely low lag, it's available at the xbox sky site), and there's morrowind 'perfect edition' game for modded xbox (hundreds of excellent mods added to this game), there's also soul caliber mods, dead or alive xtreme volleyball nude mod, battlefront 2, halo 1, halo 2, fable, etc.
is there something similar to modded ps2? or gamecube? like gta sa total conversion/morrowind perfect edition for xbox? final fantasy X mods? jrpg mods?

Last edited:
yea, what does nos means?
i know linking to pirated/illegal stuff's forbidden but discussing/yakking bout modding stuff's ok, right?
if it's really forbidden to just talk bout modding stuff, mod/admin should have posted and stickied a thread here in the video games forum of what's allowed/not allowed, or is it in other forum i missed?

so anyone know any good stuff for modded ps2 that's highly recommended? dont really care for emulators for ps2 (cuz modded xbox has 'em all, and in good shape), just wanna know if there's any modded game for ps2 or not like gta sa total conversion and morrowind perfect edition for xbox.

What exactly do you mean when you say "Modded PS2" or "Modded Xbox"?

The ones I've heard of are the kind that allow copied CD/DVD playback.

VamPyroX said:
What exactly do you mean when you say "Modded PS2" or "Modded Xbox"?

The ones I've heard of are the kind that allow copied CD/DVD playback.

it's like hacking a console, alter its' state so to allow u to play any backup games/burnt cds/dvds (like dreamcast u probably heard... seen), or store a video game to its' hard drive to play (only if it has an ability to read a hard drive, like ps2 and xbox), eliminating the need of the dvd drive, hence the name "modded".

for the hacked/modded xbox u can put/ftp any emulators made for xbox (ps1, snes, nes, atari, genesis, scummvm, etc emulators), homebrew games and homebrew ports (quake 1, 2, and 3, doom 1-2, duke nukem 3d, shadow warriors, hexen, homeworld, abuse, etc) into xbox's hard drive and play it on your tv. u can upgrade modded xbox's hard drive to whatever hard drive (i got 200 gbs hard drive in my modded xbox that contains around a hundred xbox games in it, plus alot of emulators with roms/isos in it, homebrew ports, and of course alot of xbox altered video games, like the grand theft auto san andreas total conversion game i mentioned), i never use xbox's dvd drive anymore.

seriously, u're missing out the modded xbox scene if u love gaming, especially that awesome xbmc dashboard (xbox media center) that allows a modded xbox to steam any video (anime, movie, trailer/game footage, etc, divx, avi, mpeg, etc) off your pc to your tv.

Potman said:
it's like hacking a console, alter its' state so to allow u to play any backup games/burnt cds/dvds (like dreamcast u probably heard... seen), or store a video game to its' hard drive to play (only if it has an ability to read a hard drive, like ps2 and xbox), eliminating the need of the dvd drive, hence the name "modded".

for the hacked/modded xbox u can put/ftp any emulators made for xbox (ps1, snes, nes, atari, genesis, scummvm, etc emulators), homebrew games and homebrew ports (quake 1, 2, and 3, doom 1-2, duke nukem 3d, shadow warriors, hexen, homeworld, abuse, etc) into xbox's hard drive and play it on your tv. u can upgrade modded xbox's hard drive to whatever hard drive (i got 200 gbs hard drive in my modded xbox that contains around a hundred xbox games in it, plus alot of emulators with roms/isos in it, homebrew ports, and of course alot of xbox altered video games, like the grand theft auto san andreas total conversion game i mentioned), i never use xbox's dvd drive anymore.

seriously, u're missing out the modded xbox scene if u love gaming, especially that awesome xbmc dashboard (xbox media center) that allows a modded xbox to steam any video (anime, movie, trailer/game footage, etc, divx, avi, mpeg, etc) off your pc to your tv.
Well, I don't "love" gaming. I like playing games, but not like others who have 100 games in their collection.

If I was a sole Xbox gamer who spends 24/7 on his Xbox... then I might. I've got at least 10 games for my Xbox and I don't play them all very often.

VamPyroX said:
Well, I don't "love" gaming. I like playing games, but not like others who have 100 games in their collection.

If I was a sole Xbox gamer who spends 24/7 on his Xbox... then I might. I've got at least 10 games for my Xbox and I don't play them all very often.

hey i dont even have enough time to beat a hundred xbox games either, including thousands of snes, psx, mame, genesis, etc games, i just collect 'em as a hobby so whenever im bored and have nothing to do i fire it up and play whatever interests me or play something new i collected in my xbox i havent played before, it lasts a long time. i use it mostly for xbmc purpose tho.
still, i say u're missing out on the modded xbox scene, hardcore or not :p

including thousands of snes, psx, mame, genesis, etc games

Yea, I do have these working in my PC. :D And of course, been done soldered and some solderless modchips into PSX and XBOX many, many times. But in my highly opinion, it's best to play any emulation games like SNES, N64, PSX, Mame, Genesis, Gameboy Advance, and many others for PC instead of any hacked consoles ie: XBOX, PS2, PSX, etc.. cuz of sometimes it's not accurate while playing games. also, same thing with PSP hacked I have seen and played but still not perfect yet..

If mod on Xbox 360 then you are out of lucky.

yep heard that alot of ppl who modded their xbox360 got fucked up after the november update on xbox live lol thats what you get for getting too far with the console anyway.

yep heard that alot of ppl who modded their xbox360 got fucked up after the november update on xbox live lol thats what you get for getting too far with the console anyway.

Interesting, good thing I haven't hack on 360 yet.. But did on PSX and XBOX.. Had no problem with these.. :D

Interesting, good thing I haven't hack on 360 yet.. But did on PSX and XBOX.. Had no problem with these.. :D

How did you hack on PSX when it has no online service like PS2 and PS3?

How did you hack on PSX when it has no online service like PS2 and PS3?

PSX = PS One.

Of course, it doesn't have online. The only hack is good for copy PSX games and allows PSX read CD-R. Also, working with any regions in the world like NTSC/PAL. And NES and SNES emulation are working good in PSX too.

I think that's pretty much so far... Right now, my PSX is still sitting the shelf for a long time.. :D

Back