MLB "Hot Stove"

restless_heart

Reaction score
:wave: guys, you know who had won the World Series 2008 Champs...

:h5: to Farewell and other Phils' fans...

Now I am still a BOSTON RED SOX FAN :D as some of you do know...

While we are cheering for our football teams this year, and the waiting period till the next baseball season starting next year in 2009.

Good news we are getting Ramon Ramirez!!! bye bye Coco Crisp... Julio Lugo also left Red Sox (I will miss him, dang...I love the way he bats as his eyes peers right through ya and straighten his shirt...yep, I will miss him....)

Heard Mike Mussina from New York Yanks is already retired...mmmm...Just hope he is not like Brett Farve, just kidding guys!!!

A rilvery btwn Red Sox and the Yanks over A.J. Burnett... (It would be nice if we do get him...)

Well guys, you can share your favorite team and favorite players here...

And good luck!!!

I hope we will have a great 2009 MLB season...I can't wait so I will know when Spring is here again since I do hate winter :lol:

Still waiting to hear more news about Manny Ramirez and signing with L.A. Dodgers. I heard he did sign not seen any source if there is some truth to that. I am focusing on NFL and our beloved Patriots :)

Still waiting to hear more news about Manny Ramirez and signing with L.A. Dodgers. I heard he did sign not seen any source if there is some truth to that. I am focusing on NFL and our beloved Patriots :)

Yes, LA Dodgers did offer a deal, but he hasn't responded yet. He is waiting to hear about other deals in case others do want him. Maybe Red Sox? Was he waiting for the Red Sox to offer him a deal? I doubt it...because what happened in the last minute last season and I did remember what happened to Johnny Damnit leaving us just like that to the stinky Yanks few years back. I wasn't too thrilled about that either...

It is like a poker game, when you deal, you must think hard and twice before you ever accept any deals... It is a win or lose...

Some will win and some will lose whether we like it or not. This is sports just like football too. :cool2:

GO RED SOX!!! WE BELIEVE!!!

The Yanks are going after CC Sabathia, AJ Burnett and Derek Lowe. Damn them.

The Red Sox is chasing Mike Teixeira.

Just what we dont need to see... the Yankees getting stronger.. I hope these pitchers pass on the Yankees and sign somewhere... that I would prefer to see happen...

AND I am hoping the Tampa Bay Rays can improve on this year and do it again by getting back into the playoffs and do the magic again next year... what a series TB had with Philly... and I also am hoping my beloved Toronto Blue Jays will finally get back into the playoffs and do some damages similar to TB!!!

:wave: Hi guys,

Wow, I almost forgot about this thread...

Looks like Junichi Tazawa is rejecting all offers and will sign up for Boston Red Sox... Mmmm, we will know for sure by next week...

We are still keeping Jason Varitek, I think if I heard right sometimes last week...

No word on Manny Rameriez yet... :giggle: I knew it would happen...

I do wonder what happens to Barry Bonds now. I don't think anyone ever wanted Barry Bonds, did they???

It is likely that this week will be quiet with trades or signings with the winter baseball meetings coming up next week in Vegas.

Braves will likely aquire either Peavy or A.J Burnett, but even if so, this isn't going to be sufficient strength enough to balance 5 starting pitcher positions. I'd like braves to find at least an average starter out there. I don't know what we have promising in AAA for starting or relievers.

I am hopefull, but quite worried about the current status of the Braves. Phillies are going to be every bit as good as they were last year. Phillies although they will not resigng Pat Burrell to new deal, Jason Werth has shown he can offer equal power and stability in health if he moves over to LF. Their starting pitching is one of top 2 in National league and Cole Hammel is my preseason pick for NL CY Young award winner for 2009. Mets are the Mets who knows, Omar Manaya will often overplay players just like their neighbor yanks can. They will seek out one starter possibly Derick Lowe. Everything else is a crap shoot with players' health and consistancy within the batting order.

It is likely that this week will be quiet with trades or signings with the winter baseball meetings coming up next week in Vegas.

Braves will likely aquire either Peavy or A.J Burnett, but even if so, this isn't going to be sufficient strength enough to balance 5 starting pitcher positions. I'd like braves to find at least an average starter out there. I don't know what we have promising in AAA for starting or relievers.

I am hopefull, but quite worried about the current status of the Braves. Phillies are going to be every bit as good as they were last year. Phillies although they will not resigng Pat Burrell to new deal, Jason Werth has shown he can offer equal power and stability in health if he moves over to LF. Their starting pitching is one of top 2 in National league and Cole Hammel is my preseason pick for NL CY Young award winner for 2009. Mets are the Mets who knows, Omar Manaya will often overplay players just like their neighbor yanks can. They will seek out one starter possibly Derick Lowe. Everything else is a crap shoot with players' health and consistancy within the batting order.
The Braves is not the same it used to be. There is rumour that Ted Turner (Braves' owner from the late 1970s until early 2000s) is trying to buy back the Braves. I think it is about time for Bobby Cox to retire from the Braves and let someone new to take over.

mmmm, I found out today that A.J Burnett may go for the Braves if he signs. My daddy is gonna be so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Geez, it looks like nobody wants Manny for the price he's asking. Maybe Red Sox can have him back ?

Phillies are doing good so far on signing players!!!!

If you are a National League fan watch out for the Dodgers this year. Being a life-long Astro fan, I have a strong dislike for the Dodgers, but they have made some shrewd signings so far.

Dodgers just lost Jeff Kent to retirement yesterday, Manny is a big question mark, and no Lowe et al. Im worried about Dodgers, but they do one thing well, bring up great prospects through their minor clubs, and I doubt Colangelo's are not gonna get cheap right now on millions of fans, maybe?

Back