Mixing Business with Pleasures

Missus_Philos0phyK

Reaction score
Wondering does any of you guys, used to mix the business with pleasures before?

I have noticed a lot of people gets to be fired because of that incidents, I mean, why is it against the policy if they were simply work their asses off to earn a better salary. I know it may be also defined as manipulating intentions. in the company's business.

but would they get fired for dating or having relationships outside of company?

I have always thought what's the different for having business with pleasures and relationship with pleasures... eh, hell.. It didn't make anything sensible. oh well... lets hear your entitled opinion.
I rest my case.
:smash: DISCUSS!

In business world, it is NEVER good idea to mix business with pleasure for a damn good reason... We all know and HATE this... FAVORITISM!!!

Just think this way, would it be fair if you work for a company, and you noticed supervisor got flirted and had relationship with your co-worker. Thus lead to supervisor giving your co-worker more chance to promotion, and other favors while leaving you NOTHING. Would that be fair to you? I am sure you'd get my drift.

Mixing Business and pleasure can be a recipe for *D*I*S*A*S*T*E*R* and history already shows!

It happened to me TWICE in the past, never again.....

I agree with diehardbiker65, It's really a bad idea to date anyone or flirt with anyone while at the same job which can lead to problems and a big mess going into the toliet. it's better to date, flirt with someone outside of the job which makes it less troublesome for your job.

Advice from Jeffrey Fox's How to Become CEO:

10. Don't Have a Drink with the Gang
12. Skip All Office Parties
14. Make Allies of Your Peers' Subordinates
15. Know Everybody by Their First Name
21. Avoid Superiors When You Travel
24. Keep a "People File"
25. Send Handwritten Notes
26. Don't Get Buddy-Buddy with Your Superiors
28. Be Visible: Practice "WACADAD" (WACADAD = "Words are Cheap and Deeds are Dear")
37. "Dress for a Dance"
41. Be a Flag-Waving Company Patriot
44. Never Panic . . . or Lose Your Temper
46. Treat All People as Special
47. Be a Credit Maker, Not a Credit Taker
49. Please, Be Polite With Everyone
51. The Glory and the Glamour Come after the Gruntwork
67. Treat Your Family as Your Number One Client
69. Always Remember Your Subordinates' Spouses

Excellent advice.

With one exception: I met my husband at work. BUT he wasn't my superior, nor I his.

At my former job, the married, multi-billionaire owner had an affair with the receptionist/secretary. She ended up with a couple of his kids and a very nice child support settlement. Now the company has a policy forbidding employees to date each other!

I read somewhere that the workplace is where a large percentage of people meet their mate. Still, when it doesn't work out, it can be disastrous! Can you imagine running into your ex every time you get a cup of coffee?

Back