Mission Accomplished

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinner-net

Reaction score
It was May 1st, 2003 that our president declared "Mission Accomplished," while aboard the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln off the California coast.

Hmmmm, last month more of our soldiers, our sons and daughters, our loved ones, were killed then since the beginning of this crazy war!

Okay, back to the giggles... sorry! :kiss:

The crew of USS Abraham Lincoln accomplished their mission. Why take away from that?

You make it sound like Bush has done something wrong.

I have big problems with Bush but the mission of getting Saddam out of power was accomplished, the ship's mission was accomplished, and Bush was pretty clear that tough times (he didn't know how tough) were ahead and the JOB wasn't complete. I'll fault Bush on other stuff, but not this.

Well it may be mission accomplished for the ship but BUSH himself vetoed the bill to bring our troops home by October of this year. that infurates me! I KNEW he WOULD not be a good president for 2nd term, glad this is the last time he will be president. HURRY for new president and get our families home!

You cannot hurry for a new President. They're elected every 4 years.

What else do we expect from the shady bunch?

Richard

Attachments

• shadybunch.jpg
    shadybunch.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
Actually the bill was to have them do a slow removal of troops starting October 1st, with the final group coming home in April 2008.

But Since Bush has done a 15 month extension of current forces in Iraq, Kuwait and Afganstian, our soilders are staying there longer. Plus while I'd love to have my soilder home early, the reality is.. the government may keep the soilders there longer. Plus deployments always bring in extra cash for the soilders and their families.. so Soilders may not wanna come home early. I mean.. if you were getting an extra 1 or 2 thousand a month for being overseas, and you were in debt, you'd rather stay so you can bring home extra money and pay off more debt.

Richard, the truth is that politicans on both sides are shady. They're in power for their own power, not for us. For every Republican that's corrupt is a Democrat that is equally corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back