Missed Gay and Lesbian Deaf Night

deaftears

Reaction score
I was on my way and pretty psyched to meet some deaf people but then got too tired and cold. Never out at night much anymore. Wonder if I would have made friends?

I was on my way and pretty psyched to meet some deaf people but then got too tired and cold. Never out at night much anymore. Wonder if I would have made friends?

It's not until tomorrow. You can still go.

Gee, you're right! hahahahahaha I missed it by my reckoning and still may get to go. That's dandy.

Gee, you're right! hahahahahaha I missed it by my reckoning and still may get to go. That's dandy.

It is dandy! No more moping and playing the "wondering" game, Mac. GO! You'll have fun if you go with the attitude that you're going to have fun! What have you got to lose?

That's my thinking exactly, meet up with some deaf people and just try to blend in and have fun. I've walked by a few times when they were in there, but I realize you don't have to be gay.

That's my thinking exactly, meet up with some deaf people and just try to blend in and have fun. I've walked by a few times when they were in there, but I realize you don't have to be gay.

Who cares if they're gay. Who cares if they're not. Don't get hung on on that. Just go meet some Deaf people. Relax and have fun. You got nothing to lose.

It was at a really mellow Starbucks that is much, much cooler inside than I imagined from the outside, having never gone all the way in to the interior before.

By the time I left not many people had shown up, but to be truthful I felt that the friends I made did put off on me the identity confusion you would expect from showing up on a "Gay" night so I can't say it wasn't awkward for me.

I'm looking for friends not fast action.

What in the world? I didn't suggest anything like that. Keep at it on trying to make FRIENDS. You took a big step today by attending... and I have to say... MAJOR PROPS for that, Mac. It's the first step of many that you will take.

Maybe you didn't suggest anything. However, I took a bit of ribbing you would say.

aren't you worried about getting AIDS?

Maybe you didn't suggest anything. However, I took a bit of ribbing you would say.

You have thick skin. I know. I've seen you get ribbed on (including by me and I'm your e-friend now). Walk it off and keep at it, bud. Go to the next event that interests you!

What I'm driving at is that I'm disappointed. I enjoyed making their friendship. I honestly did. But I get this feeling that they would figure it was a mistake if they knew I wasn't winking knowingly.

Opening Day is slowly approaching up. Sure, there has to be a Deaf Event or 2 coming up that has something to do with baseball. There has to be a lot of baseball fans at Deaf events. Someone there has to be wearing baseball cap. Find them, talk baseball.

Back