Miss Purple

soulchill

Reaction score
Just talked to a girl with the best purple hair I've ever seen. Evidently it was the result of several hair coloring mishaps. Black to red. Then to blonde. This resulted in orange, blonde, and a white streak. And now the attempt to go back to purple with a few black and silver tones, and a white streak. She seems embarrassed by it, but I don't think this will ever be recreated. Wish I had my phone with me to get a picture.

Ws at my sons school today and saw a girl with hair almost like this...purple, burgundy, pink, black and blonde....My son thought it was "so cool"....

Nice!! so I'm getting that it wasn't all one flat color? That's what usually happens. I wish you had your phone too. Not actually I don't, then I might be tempted to get a lil crazy on my head. Getting a bit old for that I think. When I was 21, so in 96' my hair was fuschia, then I tried blue....that did not go well. I'm blonde, yellow and blue make green, and it was a horrid shade of green.

Nice!! so I'm getting that it wasn't all one flat color? That's what usually happens. I wish you had your phone too. Not actually I don't, then I might be tempted to get a lil crazy on my head. Getting a bit old for that I think. When I was 21, so in 96' my hair was fuschia, then I tried blue....that did not go well. I'm blonde, yellow and blue make green, and it was a horrid shade of green.

Haha, yeah, she's pretty young. She works at a store I go to sometimes. Hers came out with several undertones. And it was an in-between purple, that looked really natural except for being purple. It reflected different in the light too. Not sure if she's learned to stop doing her own hair, or if I encouraged her to keep experimenting:hmm:

I'm just super impressed a man used the word "undertones". :)

Haha, yeah, she's pretty young. She works at a store I go to sometimes. Hers came out with several undertones. And it was an in-between purple, that looked really natural except for being purple. It reflected different in the light too. Not sure if she's learned to stop doing her own hair, or if I encouraged her to keep experimenting:hmm:

One of my older daughter's friends helped her dye her hair purple once. She walked in the door, and was like, "how do you like my hair??"

I asked if the color was called eggplant, and she was highly offended. Apparently it was called "Blackberry."

It eventually grew out and back to her natural attractive coppery red color.

Lol I've done something like that... My hair's a natural brown color. I had dyed it black for over a year or two before I decided to go blonde. Black > Blonde with bleach = bad idea. I had to bleach it twice before it'd look blonde although the dyed portions of my hair (my hair had been growing out by then) was always a little darker than my roots. Then for a comic convention last year, because I couldn't afford wigs, I decided to go for temporary dyes. Here's the course of my hair colors over the last year:

Black > Blonde > Black (temp dye) > Blue (after the dye removal didn't work so well) > Purple (Purple for a very long time, in fact I remember an old guy actually took a picture of me on the streets without asking for my permission lol) > Greenish brown (before I realized I needed to use "warm" tones) > Reddish brown

At that point my hair was so fried. I have naturally curly hair and it just stopped curling. I've been slowly growing out my hair. In a few months I will finally be able to cut everything off and still look good with average hair length. After that I might just do a dark brunette or go back to black for the winter later lol. :P

Lol I've done something like that... My hair's a natural brown color. I had dyed it black for over a year or two before I decided to go blonde. Black > Blonde with bleach = bad idea. I had to bleach it twice before it'd look blonde although the dyed portions of my hair (my hair had been growing out by then) was always a little darker than my roots. Then for a comic convention last year, because I couldn't afford wigs, I decided to go for temporary dyes. Here's the course of my hair colors over the last year:

Black > Blonde > Black (temp dye) > Blue (after the dye removal didn't work so well) > Purple (Purple for a very long time, in fact I remember an old guy actually took a picture of me on the streets without asking for my permission lol) > Greenish brown (before I realized I needed to use "warm" tones) > Reddish brown

At that point my hair was so fried. I have naturally curly hair and it just stopped curling. I've been slowly growing out my hair. In a few months I will finally be able to cut everything off and still look good with average hair length. After that I might just do a dark brunette or go back to black for the winter later lol. :P

It was the bleaching that fried it eh? Right at this moment I have a package of dark caramel blonde on my bathroom counter. I got it a little early. I tend to get a little too blonde over the summer so fallish I dye it a darker blonde put some color back in it, then get some highlights later. The last couple of times I got highlights I've had them do blonde and red, and use the rest of the red dye on the underneath layer of hair. I'll probably do that again, but maybe highlights and low lights instead, blonde and brown in the dark blonde. :)

Actually no it wasn't the bleach. The damage to my hair was surprisingly not too bad when I went from black to blonde. It was the constant dyeing in multiple colors after bleaching that did my hair in. Next time I want to go blonde I will do it when my hair has zero dye in it, and when I know I won't be doing anything else to it for a while.

Back