misdiagnosis of the deaf

they are an idiot for trying to divide the family by discouraging sign language or for whatever reasons that have to do with speech.

It is interesting word you say 'divide the family' that something never cross on my mind.

again.. what you say 'discourage'... I would say doctor or whoever out there believe sign language is sin or bad example as avoid lacking communicate??

but 'divide the family' total true...

What about CODA.... I am curious that one... such as son in law or daughter in law cause 'divide the family' due the parent in law is Deaf?

That's how I was as a kid and people always told me that I was too paranoid. :dunno:

Yeah me too by my mum. I was treated badly by hearing kids and teachers in mainstream so I am always on my guard and expect worse to happen. It got less and less as I got older because I was moving away from mainstream. But it never go away completely cos I been like that all my life.

have no idea on really how to form an intimate relationship because every time I've tried its usually ended in disaster.
If it makes you feel better, even today social issues are a BIGGIE for dhh kids. Even for the kids who are oral and academic superstars with minimal accomondations at mainstream school, social issues are ENOURMOUS. It is very rare for a dhh kid not to have social issues. But yeah....if it hadn't been for me getting to attend a VERY special summer camp, as a teen my social issues would be even worse then they are now. Dixie, how old are you? Are you interested in college? Maybe you could go to NTID or something and discover a really cool social life!

That's how I was as a kid and people always told me that I was too paranoid. :dunno:

That was because they were seeing it from their hearing perspective, and not your deaf perspective. Exactly the way that misdiagnosis occurs.

Back