Mirrors, Mirrors...on the walls

I have like 20 something windows in my tiny house. I have 5 bay windows but no beach...LMAO!

I like that. who cares if there were no beaches but i agree its sad. i love lots of windows.

I like that. who cares if there were no beaches but i agree its sad. i love lots of windows.

I just thought it was strange that this house was built with bay windows where there is no worthy view around here. LOL! But they let me watch my neighbors. lol

I am really into the cast iron styles so if you have any and want to sell them, let me know. :)

Wow.. 15 mirrors?? Why not sell them? That's a suggestion.

I have a large black iron sun shape mirror in the hallway. It's heavy.

We have nothing in cast iron with the mirrors. Hubby and I check this morning. Also, as most of these are very old, I am too attached. We are biding our time until I can utilize them again. So, I don't think I could sell them.

Mirrors

never thought of that ... perhaps i should buy more mirrors ..

Oh yes, please do it. a few discreetly placed mirrors can give you the safety of seeing entrances to your home or room.. I have A huge 3x4 Ft. in a beautiful wood carved frame at the bottom of my family room steps downstairs, just to the left, So the light is not reflected and blinding me,,lol
but I can see out my back door and onto my yard. When I had my dog Luke I never had to worry, But after 14 yrs, I had to let my best friend go. sad..
Oh also, Mirrors are rumered to be "portals" allowing spitits to enter and leave..not sure about that one..grinning...Peace to everyone..M♥♥♥

Oh yes, please do it. a few discreetly placed mirrors can give you the safety of seeing entrances to your home or room.. I have A huge 3x4 Ft. in a beautiful wood carved frame at the bottom of my family room steps downstairs, just to the left, So the light is not reflected and blinding me,,lol
but I can see out my back door and onto my yard. When I had my dog Luke I never had to worry, But after 14 yrs, I had to let my best friend go. sad..
Oh also, Mirrors are rumered to be "portals" allowing spitits to enter and leave..not sure about that one..grinning...Peace to everyone..M♥♥♥

That's a new one for me...."portals allowing spirits to enter and leave"....very interesting. *grinning*

I have a "baby monitor" mirror clamped on my PC monitor at work so I can see when coworkers come up behind me.

Years ago, in an apartment, there was a large mirror (no frame) over the sink. I like that as the wall won't get wet from the splashes and I can read lips on anybody that is standing behind me while I am doing the dishes.

We have nothing in cast iron with the mirrors. Hubby and I check this morning. Also, as most of these are very old, I am too attached. We are biding our time until I can utilize them again. So, I don't think I could sell them.

Oh, I love antique furniture. If so, and you can sell them because they are very valuable. They are worth a lot of money. You never know. Ask the antique dealer to have a look at them. My mother went to an antique store to browse and she found what she likes and she bought an oil painting from them. Years later, she brought it to the antique appraiser and dealer and they both told her that it worths $10,000 that shocked and surprised her. She decided to sell it to them and she happily got the money.
It's up to you, KristinaB. ;)

I have like 20 something windows in my tiny house. I have 5 bay windows but no beach...LMAO!

Years ago, I used to live an apartment. This apart has bay windows with seats. My cats loved to sit on it, watching the birds.
Now, I don't have bay windows here at my place. :(

Years ago, I used to live an apartment. This apart has bay windows with seats. My cats loved to sit on it, watching the birds.
Now, I don't have bay windows here at my place. :(

I love the bay windows for more wide viewing when my childhood home is right on the corner.

I have a small mirror to see people coming from behind me near my computer. In a lot of machine shops, all the operators have something like a mirror to let them know they are being approached, since most times the operators are looking into a machine. They use mirrors, shiny sheet metal, etc.

Not for just "admiring" urselves....I have so many, but they help me see from all angles in my home.....Just bought another big one yesterday, hung it in the dining room. From my computer, I can see someone coming down the stairs.

Any of you guys use mirrors for this purpose? They not only make ur home/apt/condo rooms look bigger, they serve a dual purpose for HOH or deafies.

I don't do this, however one of my friends has hung a mirror in the ceiling of his dining room. I looks kinda cool. It seems to 'lift the ceiling up' a bit.

I've thought of that too, Dixie...think it would look awesome in any dining room....and bet a lot of bachelors, even married couples have mirrors above their beds....:giggle:....spices things up.

I've thought of that too, Dixie...think it would look awesome in any dining room....and bet a lot of bachelors, even married couples have mirrors above their beds....:giggle:....spices things up.

I've been to an older hotel that had mirrors above the beds. I found that rather kinky. :shock:

Back