:( Might not be back for awhile (long)

RacherBunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I've been MIA for awhile. I have a bit of a story to tell...

If this is too long you can skip to the end if you want.

Some background before I tell you the story:

I was diagnosed at 16 with PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome).
When I worked at a vet hospital, I had the ultrasonographer take a look at my ovaries and she found a single "hyper-echoic mass" measuring about 1 cm in addition to peripheral cysts on both ovaries (peripheral cysts are normal).

After some doctor and insurance problems,I now have yearly ultrasounds to check-up on the endometrial lining of my uterus, the cysts on my ovaries, and the hyper-echoic mass.

My first official ultrasound was done maybe a year later and the radiologist said it could be a dermoid cyst but it wasn't a 100% thing.

Story:
I had my yearly routine gyn appointment on 12/20/11, everything went fine. Last year I was suppose to have an ultrasound after I switch doctors, but because my mum was in the hospital for a stroke I never made the appointment. So, my doctor gave me another referral for ultrasound and I made my appointment for 12/23/11 (the day me and my husband were going to his dads house for the holiday.

When I get there my ultrasound done, the ultrasongrapher said that with the "thing" on my left ovary she would need to take more pictures. This ended up taking about an extra hour than what it usually takes.

About 2 weeks later on a Friday, I get a call from my doctor. He says that because I have a complex cyst ( a cyst with liquid and hard components) in my left ovary, he wants me to have another ultrasound 6 weeks from my last appointment with him. I go ahead and make the appointment and I don't think anything of it.

Since I work in the hospital where my ultrasound was done at, I can go to medical records and have them print the radiologist report. So I go Monday to get the report printed and my stomach, heart, everything just drops after reading it.

It says that I have a complex cyst containing: multiple mural nodules (little masses in the wall), 2 hyper-echoic masses measuring 1.5 cm each, and fluid. The radiologist says that these are very unusual findings and would recommend a follow-up 2-3 months to check for malignancy (cancer).:(

Since my gyn is also an gyn oncologist, he recommended me for a follow-up in 6 weeks. I have my 2nd ultrasound next week on 1/25 and I can't even explain how nervous I am. :(

I'm 23 years old, about to turn 24 on Feb 4th, and I might have ovarian cancer?? :confused:

So, needless to say I'm going to focus on this and hope that all goes well...
I will do my best to keep you guys up to date, but it depends on everything going on.

If anyone sends a PM I can give you my email or facebook if you're interested.

Wish me luck

Best wishes to you and I hope all goes well and you will be back.......

Hey RacherBunny, hope you're pulling through. I'm shocked to hear what you are going through and hope there are only better roads ahead. Don't give in to thinking you have ovarian cancer, that is a disturbing thought. At the least it can be benign until they have a biopsy that will state otherwise.

がんばります!

I am sorry to hear it, and I wish you the best of luck.

sounds like you are in stage one, my mom had that and is now in her 80s.

Keep the faith..

I'm sorry you are going through this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I personally know someone who is 24 and has brain cancer. You're not alone. Hang in tough.

You must be feeling very upset and shocked. Fear is a natural response. Praying that you will experience strength in this difficult period as well.
:hug:

You will be in my prayers. Good luck, and please keep us posted.

I am so sorry and best of luck.. Hope you come back here soon!

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I've been MIA for awhile. I have a bit of a story to tell...

If this is too long you can skip to the end if you want.

Some background before I tell you the story:

I was diagnosed at 16 with PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome).
When I worked at a vet hospital, I had the ultrasonographer take a look at my ovaries and she found a single "hyper-echoic mass" measuring about 1 cm in addition to peripheral cysts on both ovaries (peripheral cysts are normal).

After some doctor and insurance problems,I now have yearly ultrasounds to check-up on the endometrial lining of my uterus, the cysts on my ovaries, and the hyper-echoic mass.

My first official ultrasound was done maybe a year later and the radiologist said it could be a dermoid cyst but it wasn't a 100% thing.

Story:
I had my yearly routine gyn appointment on 12/20/11, everything went fine. Last year I was suppose to have an ultrasound after I switch doctors, but because my mum was in the hospital for a stroke I never made the appointment. So, my doctor gave me another referral for ultrasound and I made my appointment for 12/23/11 (the day me and my husband were going to his dads house for the holiday.

When I get there my ultrasound done, the ultrasongrapher said that with the "thing" on my left ovary she would need to take more pictures. This ended up taking about an extra hour than what it usually takes.

About 2 weeks later on a Friday, I get a call from my doctor. He says that because I have a complex cyst ( a cyst with liquid and hard components) in my left ovary, he wants me to have another ultrasound 6 weeks from my last appointment with him. I go ahead and make the appointment and I don't think anything of it.

Since I work in the hospital where my ultrasound was done at, I can go to medical records and have them print the radiologist report. So I go Monday to get the report printed and my stomach, heart, everything just drops after reading it.

It says that I have a complex cyst containing: multiple mural nodules (little masses in the wall), 2 hyper-echoic masses measuring 1.5 cm each, and fluid. The radiologist says that these are very unusual findings and would recommend a follow-up 2-3 months to check for malignancy (cancer).:(

Since my gyn is also an gyn oncologist, he recommended me for a follow-up in 6 weeks. I have my 2nd ultrasound next week on 1/25 and I can't even explain how nervous I am. :(

I'm 23 years old, about to turn 24 on Feb 4th, and I might have ovarian cancer?? :confused:

So, needless to say I'm going to focus on this and hope that all goes well...
I will do my best to keep you guys up to date, but it depends on everything going on.

If anyone sends a PM I can give you my email or facebook if you're interested.

Wish me luck

wishing you luck. Hope all goes well for you. Will be praying.

I pray that all goes well for you. :hug:

Too young to have it and hope it is just cyst only. will say a prayer for you and all those test came back normal. Hanging in there.

Back