Midway going bankrupt.

Steel X

Reaction score
Midway, a well known videogame company for the wildly popular Mortal Kombat back in the 1990s, is soon going bankrupt. Not alot of their games has been sold well and has not really released that many games this year either.

The most recent released game this year was Mortal Kombat vs. DC universe. Did that game save the company? Not really. Not one game would do enough to save them from money problems.

Even thou they thought changing the rating from M to T would increase the sales which was a pretty retarded idea. :roll:

Seems that alot of videogame companies are facing money problems these days such as Atari, Tecmo, and now Midway.

Now there has been rumors that Midway would be merged or bought by another company who knows who it would be.

Activison? Capcom? Take Two interactive? (Rockstar is the same company)

Who knows...but anyway good luck to Midway. I enjoyed Rampage : World Tour as my brother and I used to play that alot on the Nintendo 64 back in the old days. It was alot of fun. :)

Midway May be Facing Bankruptcy Soon: News from 1UP.com

It's their fault for not create enough and lack next-gen but stupid pretty graphic game.

Midway is not only one will going bankrupty but another comany like EA, activision, and others will bankrupty in future.

don't forget Pac-man....that was created by Midway.

I thought it was develop by Namco and Midway is only Publisher toward on that game?

Yeah also Namco, too.

I see Namco orginally created it but was published by Midway for the US market.

Pac-Man (パックマン Pakku man?) is an arcade game developed by Namco and licensed for distribution in the U.S. by Midway, first released in Japan on May 22, 1980.[1][2] Immensely popular in the United States from its original release to the present day, Pac-Man is universally considered as one of the classics of the medium, virtually synonymous with video games, and an icon of 1980s popular culture.

Pac-man can still survive without Midway since it is just their publishing company.

Namco has already merged with Bandai afew years ago.

Im not going let EA buy the Midway and trash the games like Cruis'n and other racing games found in arcades.
I kindly hope for Midway re-release/port the racing games but... now Midway's screwed themselves up.

I don't want to see Midway die... But, Wheelman does not look like a game that will save Midway... Anyway, I hope I am wrong.

Midway is not only one will going bankrupty but another comany like EA, activision, and others will bankrupty in future.

How do you know that? EA and Activision are the two largest american videogame companies so far. They are much bigger than Midway and Rockstar aka Take Two Interactive and even Naughty Dog.

EA and Activision released so many games this year such as Guitar Hero, Rock Band, the new 007 game, and others that made millions and millions of copies sold this year.

How do you know that? EA and Activision are the two largest american videogame companies so far. They are much bigger than Midway and Rockstar aka Take Two Interactive and even Naughty Dog.

EA and Activision released so many games this year such as Guitar Hero, Rock Band, the new 007 game, and others that made millions and millions of copies sold this year.

Yup, I was like what at him. :roll:

EA, Activision and Take Two are doing fine so far.

It would hurt the gaming market if they goes bankrupt but doubtfully would be happen.

Yup, I was like what at him. :roll:

EA, Activision and Take Two are doing fine so far.

It would hurt the gaming market if they goes bankrupt but doubtfully would be happen.

Yeah I dont see it happening either. They are just lucky with a good amount of games that keeps their businesses alive.

It's very hard work so just have to keep bringing up as much as good games as you can.

Yeah I do agree what Christer said in post about another gaming companies are still face economic crisis and file the bankrupty 11 chapter. like UBISOFT is still stuggle to stay up in market alive..

Back