Middle Ear Implants

contradica

Reaction score
I'm wondering if we have any MEI implantees floating around here. There is a couple companies, such as Envoy and Otologics that are beginning phase II of the FDA trials. There is at least 100 people in the US that have been implanted and I'm curious how it works for them.

I'm wondering if we have any MEI implantees floating around here. There is a couple companies, such as Envoy and Otologics that are beginning phase II of the FDA trials. There is at least 100 people in the US that have been implanted and I'm curious how it works for them.

My daughter is in the trial but since it's in the trail stage I believe I really can't say much about how it works. Lets just say it's a work in progress. I think it will be an exciting option if it all comes together as they hope.

Jag that is so exciting! I hope it works out for your daughter. I hope you will keep us posted on the progress.

My daughter is in the trial but since it's in the trail stage I believe I really can't say much about how it works. Lets just say it's a work in progress. I think it will be an exciting option if it all comes together as they hope.

Can she hear better with the MEI then she can with the conventional hearing aid? A friend of mine is looking into the Envoy device and was talking to some people who are in the trials and they apparently can hear sounds at 15-20dB which I feel that the people he connected with are the star pupils of the trial.

Can she hear better with the MEI then she can with the conventional hearing aid? A friend of mine is looking into the Envoy device and was talking to some people who are in the trials and they apparently can hear sounds at 15-20dB which I feel that the people he connected with are the star pupils of the trial.

I believe she really hasn't gotten good programming yet there is a reason for that and she isn't willing to quit like her audiologist would like and since she doesn't have the money to pay for removal and her insurance might not she is going to continue in the study. I really think that once they learn more about the problems and come up with solutions that work the option will be great, can you imagine being able to go swimming and acutally hear? :)

My local HLAA group was going to have a presentation by one of the companies but the speaker decided cancel on that. So this is for people with more moderate hearing loss at this time since I know someone that tried to get in for the trials. You wear a electronic head band to charge the batteries. Some say it sound more natural than regular hearing aids and they are still working on improving the understanding of speech in phase II trials.

Its great. Not perfect but definately better than hearing aids. I still have some trouble in a noisy enviroment but I'm satified with it.

Wow thats great! Can you talk on the phone and all that jazz? and what are the adjustments like?

Wow thats great! Can you talk on the phone and all that jazz? and what are the adjustments like?

Yes, I can talk on the phone now with no trouble at all. By adjustments, you mean the settings? There are 3 settings on the remote for different enviroments. We go back once a year to adjust the settings. Supposed to be getting a new slimmer/sleeker? remote control sometime this month.

Back