Microwave makes things taste yucky

BrittBritt

Reaction score
Ever notice that somethings just shouldn't be microwaved? I eat chicken a lot and like to eat the leftovers for lunch, but nooking chicken gives it a really nasty flavor. I have to warm it up on the stove or oven, and that flavor doesn't happen. Whenever I'm short on time, I throw it inthe mmicrowave, and then I'm always sorry. Gross!!

Wirelessly posted

I think chicken is always gross when reheat in any manner. I take leftover cooked chicken and chop it up to add to my salad with ceasar dressing or add it with some boiled eggs and mayo to make chicken salad sanwiches.

I've not had that issue with the microwave... fries, like if I get left over fries from a restaurant, those definitely go in the oven. but left over chicken and such were fine after being warmed up in the microwave.

yeah - micorwaves have their place. Just cant live without one.

While they do come with a cook book, I've never been brave enough to do a recipe.

I'd say popcorn is my #1 use for it and meal reheat is a close second. I also do baked potatoes that come out good as well.

Microwave are good for lazy and "not care about health" cookers.

Toast Oven is awesome. Use low heat to reheat leftover seafood, it's good. Long time to cook, but it's worth for healthy.

Basically, microwave is microwave for me. It will do fine for a left over. Yeah, food would always taste better, but it is what it is.

I really like the toaster oven. Since we moved we don't have one anymore, the old one was "under-the-cabinet, attached" one and we included it with the appliances as part of our struggle to sell the house.

I have an amazing toaster oven. We use it daily. We got an oversized one so it fits nearly all my baking pans in it. I even want to throw out my regular oven LOL. (It's still new, just takes a lot more energy to heat than a toaster oven.) I use the microwave for heating water or re-heating coffee when it's lukewarm. Chicken? NO.

Edit: The oversized one even has a curved back so you can bake a frozen pizza in it. I've only done that once, though.

Cool about your toaster oven, AC. Makes me want to go out and get a new one for our new house!

i can tell the difference between water heated in micro wave and kettle so i guess it do effect food in odd waves....
what toast oven

Normally I microwave everything I eat cause I'm lazy but lately I've been using the stove to cook stuff. It's a gas stove, a brand new one, so it cooks faster anyway, so no excuse for me not to cook stuff on the stove.

I use to a paste boat put in my micowave as seen on TV.. ha

Pasta-Boat.jpg

yesterday and today with all this snow I stayed home alot more and made a lotta food in advance. I made two casseroles- different kinds - and salads, and baked chicken and and some of the breakfast for tomorrow morning. Mornings are always hectic, getting food for 2 people and 2 dogs, clean up etc. And hubby has to blow snow again tomorrow. So I used our new oven a lot. We have a gas oven too.

caz, here's a link to pic of toaster oven: http://www.staples.com/Black-Decker...t_404078?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:404078&KPID=404078

We had one of those microwave pasta cookers, and it didn't work well . It works much better to just boil it on the stove.

Back