Microsoft to offer movies & TV shows over Live!

Fragmenter

Reaction score
Starting on November 22nd, Microsoft will be offering select TV shows and Movies for download over Live.

TV shows such as CSI and movies such as Mission Impossible 3 will be available for download. HD versions will cost more to download than standard defintion versions.

Yeah I heard about it and that sounds cool but I rather watch tv show on my tv and rent movies from Blockbuster lol.

I asked several companies for download movies through computers. Mostly are not closed captioned. I think it is same story for xbox live download. They do have captioned for Media Center on xbox 360. What if movies download to Media Center. It is possible. I dont know about that. Ask IGN?? I dont think they have all of information. Ask Microsoft, I am sure they have all of information. They make that xbox live.

I bet they won't be captioned.

Now that you mention it, I think your right since it wont directly be from cable or the CC company who capitons movies and TV shows but from Xbox live instead.

Ah well...I dont care since I rather TV for TV shows and movies to rent from Blockbuster.

Now that you mention it, I think your right since it wont directly be from cable or the CC company who capitons movies and TV shows but from Xbox live instead.

Ah well...I dont care since I rather TV for TV shows and movies to rent from Blockbuster.

Or download it via bit torrent clients as you can get subtitles for them. Yes, it's that easy.

Or download it via bit torrent clients as you can get subtitles for them. Yes, it's that easy.

Yeah I heard bout that too but I rather not risk my HDD on my cpu lol.

Check out this link... It's awesome...
XBL getting on-demand HDTV, film - News at GameSpot

It seems one of major concern because HDD is 20GB and wouldn't support to store more video but probably rather to get Xsata and transfer all movies into PC. Most movies can be support about more than 500MB.
movies1172_screen.jpg

Even thou I have Xbox live, I'm not that interested in downloading tv shows and movies yet I rather watch the ones I mostly perfer...besides I dont watch that much TV. I usually watch TV for the simpsons and family guy.

We won't have to worry about disk space since the movies stays on the hard drive for only 24 hours. After 24 hours is up, the "rental" is gone as if they took the movie back :)

Even thou I have Xbox live, I'm not that interested in downloading tv shows and movies yet I rather watcn the ones I mostly perfer...besides I dont watch that much TV. I usually watch TV for the simpsons and family guy.

Maybe not for us deaf gamers with the captioning/subtitles up in the air but I have a hunch this feature is gonna be really popular.

Maybe not for us deaf gamers with the captioning/subtitles up in the air but I have a hunch this feature is gonna be really popular.

Does I need ask someone on Xbox forum about subtitles for movies and tv shows?

I bet that they will offer it.

You think? If so, I won't ever have to go to Blockbuster again!

Yea, I think so.

I haven't rent the movies for long time.

It seems like Directv that purchase movie and watch for around 24 hours then gone.

Some members from xbox forum and they said that would support to use CC (black and white) on TV and not sure about subtitles but possible to support them.

I asked about monitor but no way to setup the CC on monitor. :eek3:

Back