Microsoft: No more keyboards !

Keeps your eyes peeled for the upcoming WWDC 07' in San Francisco.. Apple has something better then this. Watch on June 10th.

I've seen Table top PC (Aka Tablet PC). I read it on PC magazine. Interesting. But one draw back... ur greasy fingers, kid's sticky fingers, ect smears on the screen. You'll have to buy box of Windex and paper towels (or soft cloth if screen is plastic) to clean every time if it's not responding to ur finger. Hope they just use glass instead of plastic cuz fingernail, pen or any object to move the Window in display will scratch plastic Unless they provide a peel off protection coating for platstic display.

I ever wonder about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) that one had and need a special (external) USB keyboard to support their wrist or not?

To use OnScreen keyboard, tap keyboard icon to use it. I hope they will have many different skins for it LOL.

One day they will have flexible screen allow you to adust for your comfort (don't fold em'!!) on table or any objects. Very futuristic! OLED (Organic Light Emitting Display) or ELD (Electroilluminscent Display) both have felxible screen that you can roll up and carry LOL. It won't happen till next few years or so. Imagine Movie "Mars" use roll up Display for map.

I would love to have it. I bet it would be xpensive once it come out. It'll become cheaper later tho. I bet it will have a table top pc for kids to play with and keep them occupied without wasting papers and markers! Very economical.

ON the latter, you can build ur own Table top pc by getting a Touch screen LCD Display and cut out hole on table for Display. Then to do away with External keyboard by shortcut icon "OSD.exe" to desktop from System32 folder. Bingo! you've have fully functional Table top PC on the cheap LOL.

YOu'll have to configure BIOS in CPU to "do not stop error" or Keyboard detection "Disabled". So it'll boot right up to Windows without any external keyboard plugged into it.

Catty

I've seen Table top PC (Aka Tablet PC). I read it on PC magazine. Interesting. But one draw back... ur greasy fingers, kid's sticky fingers, ect smears on the screen. You'll have to buy box of Windex and paper towels (or soft cloth if screen is plastic) to clean every time if it's not responding to ur finger. Hope they just use glass instead of plastic cuz fingernail, pen or any object to move the Window in display will scratch plastic Unless they provide a peel off protection coating for platstic display.

Yep. Have to keep the screen clean at all times. :) It's really nice to have Table PC without usin' papers, pens or anythin'. It saves time and worry-free. But, $$ -- yikes ! I ain't no rich. LOL

I ever wonder about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) that one had and need a special (external) USB keyboard to support their wrist or not?

Yeah, I've thought about that, too and also, what about the neck when people look down at the screen ? :hmm: Will it cause a problem later on ?

To use OnScreen keyboard, tap keyboard icon to use it. I hope they will have many different skins for it LOL.

It would be nice to have, if they have those stuff. I would love to see it. I think, I believe the Table PC will come out this fall and display it at the stores. Can't wait to see and feel it. Heh

One day they will have flexible screen allow you to adust for your comfort (don't fold em'!!) on table or any objects. Very futuristic! OLED (Organic Light Emitting Display) or ELD (Electroilluminscent Display) both have felxible screen that you can roll up and carry LOL. It won't happen till next few years or so. Imagine Movie "Mars" use roll up Display for map.

I just couldn't believe it how it could fold just like that. Are we in the " Alice in Wonderland " on the other side ? :lol: I mean, I will feel weird when it comes to this.

I would love to have it. I bet it would be xpensive once it come out. It'll become cheaper later tho. I bet it will have a table top pc for kids to play with and keep them occupied without wasting papers and markers! Very economical.

Oh, yeah it ain't that cheap. :lol: Anyone ( includin' adults ) could be a " kid " once in awhile to play with somethin' that is soo fascinatin' to them. LOL

ON the latter, you can build ur own Table top pc by getting a Touch screen LCD Display and cut out hole on table for Display. Then to do away with External keyboard by shortcut icon "OSD.exe" to desktop from System32 folder. Bingo! you've have fully functional Table top PC on the cheap LOL.

Aww... what are we gonna do with our OLD computers ? LOL Throw them away, eh ? or Sell 'em ? :lol: couldn't imagine how this advanced technology have gone too fast. I mean, when will it slow down ? I guess, the knowledge have increased than before, huh ?

YOu'll have to configure BIOS in CPU to "do not stop error" or Keyboard detection "Disabled". So it'll boot right up to Windows without any external keyboard plugged into it.

Catty

LOL Well, I am not 100% computer wiz -- Anyone who is computer wiz could do that for me ? :whistle:

Oh, that. Oh, my goodness ... it is small ! Oh, boy :lol: Wonderin' if, there's no more TVs, too ? It will blend in with computer. Save papers, pens, remote controls, keyboards and all with just one voice one day ? Maybe, they will create a " voice " to talk to the computer and tell it what they want ? They can tell the computer to turn off, too ? :ugh3: Scary thought ! :Ohno:

Nah! It's not scary tho. Voices are configured by voice reconization program. You'll have to speak each words in voice reconization setup program for computer to reconize ur voice.

Don't worry about ur deaf voice even you squeak, grunt, howl, Hoot ect. Save it and whatever u tell computer to turn it off or do it's function within ur deaf voice command, it'll obey you LOL. Interesting. I AM very sure they will always be keyboard, mouse or any input device to allow you to work with computer without voice. Remember, there are some hearing people who CANNOT use voice due to cancer or deformity ect. OR one who have disease that prevent them to speak.

Makers of any device are WELL aware of handicaps so They'll make do to help Deaf, Handicapped, and Blind.

CAtty

I've seen them experimenting new holographic display that you wouldn't have to worry about smeared screen. YouTube - Touchless Interactive Window - LM3Labs Ubiq'window

Imagine that IF it will be the table top PC with Holographic Display. you'll have to deal with OnScreen keyboard without rest support LOL.
LOL
CAtty

Oh, man! Don't tell me that it is gettin' weirder nowdays ? :lol:

I would freak out, if the holograph fools my eyes thinkin' it could be a ghost ! :giggle:

Oh, man! Don't tell me that it is gettin' weirder nowdays ? :lol:

I would freak out, if the holograph fools my eyes thinkin' it could be a ghost ! :giggle:

Technology will NEVER slow down! One thing after another. Who knows one day it's gonna be a 100% holographic. Then you'll be seeing ghost!!! :eek: :jaw:

Sound scary for those who are not familiar with technology. My parent currently have new pc I built for them. They are old fashioned and not familiar how to use it. I had to come over and teach them little by little. They don't have much patience LOL. You can't teach old dog new tricks!

Technology have good or bad use. I am very concern about technolgy and credit card use. I don't want to leave my CC on TableTop PC and it'll extract CC info without my knowledge. I SURE HOPE Store don't install one on their cashier counter!!! Don't get CC with RFID (radio Fequency Identification) which act like a magic wand without swiping the card (seen one on commercial that marathon runner run in store get drink and waved the CC then ran out). They're very easy to steal your identity. I'm sure they are developing one to protect others.

Catty

Technology will NEVER slow down! One thing after another. Who knows one day it's gonna be a 100% holographic. Then you'll be seeing ghost!!! :eek: :jaw:

Sound scary for those who are not familiar with technology. My parent currently have new pc I built for them. They are old fashioned and not familiar how to use it. I had to come over and teach them little by little. They don't have much patience LOL. You can't teach old dog new tricks!

Technology have good or bad use. I am very concern about technolgy and credit card use. I don't want to leave my CC on TableTop PC and it'll extract CC info without my knowledge. I SURE HOPE Store don't install one on their cashier counter!!! Don't get CC with RFID (radio Fequency Identification) which act like a magic wand without swiping the card (seen one on commercial that marathon runner run in store get drink and waved the CC then ran out). They're very easy to steal your identity. I'm sure they are developing one to protect others.
Catty

Oh, boy ! We've seen too many movies ! :rofl: I know what you are thinkin'. Gee - I am not surprised if, that happens. LOL

On a 2nd thought for the safety's sake, don't buy/or go to any place that have a Table PC in case, if anyone forgot about RFID thing.

Oh, I just thought of somethin'.... I've heard about " cashless society " will begin in 2012. Wonderin' if, table pc is their purpose to cause identity theft, so they could shift it to cashless society ? :hmm: This issue is another story, but it could relate to another - someone would need to create another thread for this issue. LOL

8202946_sa.jpg

Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart All-In-One Desktop w/ AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52
Model: IQ770

This cutting-edge, all-in-one desktop utilizes a touch-screen design, so managing your busy life is at your fingertips. Equipped with wireless networking and a built-in Web camera and microphone, you can stay connected with friends and family. The built-in TV tuners with PVR lets you enjoy movies and TV programming on your computer.

I went to Best Buy. Lady showed me use touch on computer on screen! I fell love it!!! not use keyboard!!! COOL!!!

Yep ! I saw it at Best Buy, too. It's really cool. But, $$$$. Eeek ! lol

This looks interesting.

It would be cool if my desk was like that. I can simply use my hands to move things around, etc.

Wii is already getting there. ;)

This looks interesting.

It would be cool if my desk was like that. I can simply use my hands to move things around, etc.

Wii is already getting there. ;)

Oh, really ? Oh, boy... it sure gives people hard time makin' a decision which one is best for them. :lol:

Back