Microsoft Makes $44.6 Billion Bid for Yahoo

Gee, we're off topic yet again...

Don't worry about it.

I'm letting you to discuss about internet connection until topic has been last.

Don't worry about it.

I'm letting you to discuss about internet connection until topic has been last.

Awesome and do you mean "lost" or until the topic comes back with news of the M$ shit?

Awesome and do you mean "lost" or until the topic comes back with news of the M$ shit?

It means if you feel want enough with internet connection or getting bored.

FYI:

BBC NEWS | Business | Microsoft walks away from Yahoo

Software giant Microsoft has dropped its three-month-old bid to buy internet firm Yahoo because the two sides cannot agree on an acceptable sale price.

Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer formally withdrew the offer in a letter to Yahoo chief executive Jerry Yang.

Mr Ballmer said Microsoft had raised its original offer from $44.6bn to $47.5bn (£24.1bn) - $33 per share.

But he added that Yahoo had insisted on at least $53bn, or $37 a share - more than Microsoft was prepared to pay.

lol, yup, I bet Steve Ballmer is crying in his bedroom and begging his wife for some help. :lol:

Crying?
Nah. He pissed off

1097tv2.jpg

Skipper - oh don't worry about Microsoft's stock value. Steve Ballmer is a very very very smart businessman. He and his super-genius team have already computed ALL possibilities. They expect to have Microsoft stock dropped when announcing the acquisition of Yahoo. They don't care about loss because they shit money anyway - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS profit compared to some few million bucks loss.

They expect Jerry Yang (Yahoo founder) to say no to the value Microsoft's offering which is why they later threated hostile takeover. Microsoft knows hostile takeover can be very damaging because they may lose Yahoo's key players. Yahoo didn't budge to Microsoft's threat so they had another meeting to talk price again.

At the meeting, Jerry Yang wants $33/share but Microsoft said nope... $40/share but Yang bargained to $37/share. (correct me if I'm wrong about these prices) The deal went kaput and then later... Microsoft withdrew its offer. Guess what happened? Yahoo's stock value went KAPUT - about 20% loss. Now that is extraordinary significant loss!!!! You're talking about SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLION dollars loss! Major shareholders and Yahoo boards are not exactly pleased at all and Jerry Yang could lose his job.

This is exactly same move that Oracle pulled on B.E.A. Systems. Oracle wanted to acquire BEA Systems but there was some resistance and disagreement over price. So Oracle withdrew its offer and BEA's stock became worthless - JUNK STOCK. So BEA apologized and negotiated again with Oracle. This sucks for BEA because the offer was lower than original.

ha ha ha ha poor bastard! so.... yea I suppose Microsoft's pulling similar trick.

I'm happy about that. Microsoft gave up with Yahoo bid! :) Whew! I will stick with Yahoo
until its further notice will be announced.

Since M$ failed to to buy Yahoo... then perhaps

Google would be M$'s next victim? :dunno2:

Yeah i heard about it the yahoo says that microsoft was say 55billion under bid, So Yahooo washed thier hands so therefore the deal is over with !!!!!

Apparently, the fat lady didn't sing yet . . .

Microsoft, Yahoo in talks on possible deal - USATODAY.com

Two weeks after withdrawing a $47.5 billion offer to buy the Internet icon, Microsoft (MSFT) said Sunday that it and Yahoo are discussing a transaction but not an acquisition of all of Yahoo (YHOO).

Microsoft did not provide any details. Yahoo issued a statement late Sunday saying it was considering a "number of value-maximizing strategic alternatives" and would evaluate any Microsoft proposal.

Yahoo and Microsoft reinitiated talks after billionaire investor Carl Icahn last week launched a plan to boot Yahoo's 10-member board of directors for "irresponsible" and "unconscionable" acts that prompted Microsoft to drop its $33-a-share bid to buy Yahoo.

According to a source close to Microsoft, the renewed talks would involve a partnership of some kind.

I told you so.... Refer to my previous quote - "Steve Ballmer is a very very very smart businessman. He and his super-genius team have already computed ALL possibilities." They will get Yahoo whatever they can. They have plenty of tricks under their sleeves.

For those who do not know who is Carl Icahn... he is a private investor with extraordinary amount of power in business. I mean he's literally like Lex Luthor. He is the major shareholder of handful of major corporations. He is a ruthless mean S.O.B. If you look at him funny, he will buy your company and fire you and then make sure you will never work in the same industry anywhere. I'm not sure but I think he acquired additional 5% of Yahoo's stock which means he will eliminate the board of directors and Jerry Yang if nobody's on same boat with him. WATCH OUT!

I have heard of Carl Icahn - I believe he was the one that got on feud with Ted Turner while attending America Online meeting.

The countdown ends in August, it seems.

BBC NEWS | Business | Yahoo rejects new break-up offer
Yahoo has angrily rejected a joint takeover offer from Microsoft and the investor Carl Icahn.

Microsoft would have bought Yahoo's search engine while Mr Icahn would have ended up with the rest of the business.

Yahoo objected to being given only 24 hours to consider the offer and there being no opportunity to negotiate the terms of the deal.
. . .
The latest offer comes weeks before Yahoo's 1 August annual meeting, when Mr Icahn will be trying to replace its board with his own slate of directors.

Mr Icahn owns about 5% of Yahoo.

Microsoft has said it is no longer interested in negotiating with the current directors, but will enter talks if a new board is in place in August.

MS need go focus on improvement of Vista, quit buy other companies for more share. :roll:

During 1980 to present....Microsoft
1920 to 1950?......Rockefeller

Same problem greedy. Who will be next?.

Wonderful news! Glad Yahoo is smart enough :D

Actually, it is a real bad news for the investors and stockholders who own Yahoo stocks because the Yahoo board's refusal to accept the Microsoft's offer have led their stock values lowered significantly lately.

As I am typing this post, the price of Yahoo stock is around $22.40 comparing to the M$'s $33 per stock offer. Supposedly the Yahoo Board have agreed to sell to the M$ today, the investors and stockholders will come as big winners. That is why some investment firms and stock mangers are not happy with the Yahoo board for refusing to accept the offer from M$.

Why does the M$ want to buy Yahoo? Their big search and advertising shares. If bought, the search and advertising combined of M$ and Yahoo will put the M$ ahead of Google in the Internet advertising and search market.

Did you know that the M$ and Yahoo already have held a partnership in their instant messenger business?

Back