Microphone Protectors

Hohtopics

Reaction score
This is a reminder that we need to sometime change the microphone protectors in our CI's. Cause I admit I forget this a little sometime. :)

Replacing microphone protectors

Microphone protectors are designed to protect the microphones from
dirt and moisture.

A dirty or blocked microphone protector results in the gradual
deterioration of sound quality. Replace the microphone protectors if you
notice degradation in the sound quality, or if the protectors look dirty.

I didn't even realize there were microphone protectors in CIs.. huh. Learned something new! :)

I didn't even realize there were microphone protectors in CIs.. huh. Learned something new! :)
Exactly! When one first gets a CI, there's quite a bit of information to absorb at once. That we learn new things about the CI as we go along. :)

I didn't know that. Since when? And do they have them in the newer digitals?
I first heard about them with my new Naidas. There are three filters. One for each mic and one for the battery door. I just had them replaced as one of my HAs was acting up. I think that fixed the problem. The audi sold me a kit so I can replace them in the future (I think they recommend every 3 months).

I first heard about them with my new Naidas. There are three filters. One for each mic and one for the battery door. I just had them replaced as one of my HAs was acting up. I think that fixed the problem. The audi sold me a kit so I can replace them in the future (I think they recommend every 3 months).
Interesting. Ok, thanks!

yep, the newer hearing aids are coming with microphone protectors. I haven't had mine changed yet and I've had my Naida since August. I haven't had any issues yet so...

I always forget to change mine. I don't have any spares anyway

I first got my implant over ten years ago. I need to ask for more spares. Of course I've changed them every year and gotten new processors

Back