Merry Christmas everyone!!!...

Merry Christmas people :D

Merry Christmas ADers! Hope you all had a great one. :)

1453289_256290441193358_1582752899_n.jpg

On Christmas Day, 1776, George Washington crossed the Delaware to kick some Hessian ass and pave the way for the greatest country in the history of the planet.

God bless America, and Merry Christmas!!!! :wave:

MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR 2014, everyone!!

How was your holiday/Christmas?? :D

It's great to know that your day was doing great! :D

Mine was... just playing UNO for hours and hours. Family time chatting, of course. I helped with dinner stuff, but before Christmas day, I cooked a few desserts. Peppermint candy cookies, dark chocolate truffles with nuts, and chocolate candies. :)

I had great Christmas, thank you.

And thank you to all who posted "Merry Christmas" in their native language -
it was most fun and interesting!!
Dziękuję bardzo! (thank you very much!)

Fuzzy

That's best finishing touch in language category, Bottesini, so two thumbs up!! :)

Fuzzy

I read the whole story every year at Christmas - but this is the last paragraph:

I try to forget everything but the night, and it is a part of me that I am one with my people and we are all a part of something universal. I watch eyes, and see now that the old people are speaking to me. They nod slightly, imperceptibly, and their eyes laugh into mine. I look around the room. All the eyes are friendly; they all laugh. No one questions my being here. The drums begin to beat again, and I catch to invitation in the eyes of the old men. My feet begin to lift to the rhythm, and I looked out beyond the walls into the night and see the lights. I am happy. It is beautiful. I am home.

- Tom Whitecloud "Blue Winds Dancing"

My great grandmother was a Miami Indian, and my grandmother and her sister (when she was alive) made a great effort to teach me about my Native American Heritage. The story above, has a very important significance to me, personally. It is about a Native American college student going home during Christmas break to be with his family on an Indian reservation in Wisconsin. He is trying to fit in, in two different worlds, and his observations and musings, to me, are simply remarkably profound.

I read the whole story every year at Christmas - but this is the last paragraph:

My great grandmother was a Miami Indian, and my grandmother and her sister (when she was alive) made a great effort to teach me about my Native American Heritage. The story above, has a very important significance to me, personally. It is about a Native American college student going home during Christmas break to be with his family on an Indian reservation in Wisconsin. He is trying to fit in, in two different worlds, and his observations and musings, to me, are simply remarkably profound.

There are Natives that use to be born and live on the reservation had to go away from home for jobs or something they were looking for. There were not enough jobs available on the reservations. Some of them seem to be forced to move out of the reservation for a reason. They don't stay in the city or other town for very long. When they got older like me, then they wanted to come home to their own reservation. They did return back home to their reservation and they were happy to be home where they belong. :cool2:

There are Natives that use to be born and live on the reservation had to go away from home for jobs or something they were looking for. There were not enough jobs available on the reservations. Some of them seem to be forced to move out of the reservation for a reason. They don't stay in the city or other town for very long. When they got older like me, then they wanted to come home to their own reservation. They did return back home to their reservation and they were happy to be home where they belong. :cool2:

My Uncle is a friend of the Navajo Nation. He lives near the Yavapai reservation in Arizona. He is a Vietnam Veteran, USArmy, Purple Heart recipient and current Arizona Ranger. He was chosen by the Navajo Nation to award the Warrior Medal of Valor (information on this medal is at the youtube link). He is in the video and is the one placing the medal on the recipients (@2:37). Sorry, the video is not captioned:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ6tehqR2mM]Prescott Pow Wow Warrior Medal of Valor Ceremony 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

He is an honorary Navajo Gourd dancer ... and we are the Miami (or what is left - my grandmother told me that even a drop of Native blood means I am a Miami).

Here he is awarding a Navajo WWII veteran:

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&subsectionID=1&articleID=53811

by the way the American Indians .... during my university studies in France I did a short thesis on the Hopi tribe! if I chose this tribe, there is a fundamental reason: I dare you discover what is the reason ....:cool2:

I missed this thread..Hope you all had a great Christmas Day and wishing you all a Happy New Year's!

Back