**MENSA** May the luck be with you?

posts from hell

Reaction score
Im looking for a gal that is a Mensa member.

I believe if you know what I mean, we could strike up a decent converstation. PM me whenever you read this.

That'd be nice to know if there is a Mensa member out there. I don't believe it is possible to find any deaf here that is a member of such! :(

Aha.. ::feeling special::

I was just looking for a Deaf girl that is a Mensa member.. (or has the capability to be one)

I have a wife. :D I wasn't really searching for dating.

Brain: So you know; 1 in 50 people are able to be a member of the Mensa, so it occurs more than one may think.

Im looking for a gal that is a Mensa member.
I believe if you know what I mean, we could strike up a decent converstation. PM me whenever you read this.

Finally!!!!!!
I do not care for your gender and want to talk with an equal so bad! I've been reticent for years that a person couldn't imagine it. I am ready to be palsywalsy with you in an abnormally close acquaintanceship! Don't mean to come off creepy, lol. "Finally" is an understatement. I'm figuring out how to PM you.

Finally!!!!!!
I do not care for your gender and want to talk with an equal so bad! I've been reticent for years that a person couldn't imagine it. I am ready to be palsywalsy with you in an abnormally close acquaintanceship! Don't mean to come off creepy, lol. "Finally" is an understatement. I'm figuring out how to PM you.

He's gone. sorry. Find someone else

That'd be nice to know if there is a Mensa member out there. I don't believe it is possible to find any deaf here that is a member of such! :(

Statistics gave me that there, in fact, is a deaf Mensan out there somewhere and I set out to search since I was 15. I moved on with my life meaning marriage and children, but always had that persistent hunch in the back of my head to find that deaf Mensan; I always had an eye open and searched for one from time to time over the years and met thousands of people. ast month, I found a deaf genius on DeafVideo.TV then he left. Didn't have a chance to befriend him. Then last night, I googled an ultimately perfect combination of search words to find a post made by "posts from hell". What are the odds of finding TWO AllDeaf members that know about the M with a globe atop? As some would say, holy shit.
I'm figuring out how to PM you guys, though. I didn't get any emails when people replied to my 4 comments in quotes, so I reckon you won't get any notification which makes the PM of uttermost importance. If I don't PM you, my luck is gonna run out but I am not giving up. Please PM me or find me under the similar username on DeafVideo.TV.

Statistics gave me that there, in fact, is a deaf Mensan out there somewhere and I set out to search since I was 15. I moved on with my life meaning marriage and children, but always had that persistent hunch in the back of my head to find that deaf Mensan; I always had an eye open and searched for one from time to time over the years and met thousands of people. ast month, I found a deaf genius on DeafVideo.TV then he left. Didn't have a chance to befriend him. Then last night, I googled an ultimately perfect combination of search words to find a post made by "posts from hell". What are the odds of finding TWO AllDeaf members that know about the M with a globe atop? As some would say, holy shit.
I'm figuring out how to PM you guys, though. I didn't get any emails when people replied to my 4 comments in quotes, so I reckon you won't get any notification which makes the PM of uttermost importance. If I don't PM you, my luck is gonna run out but I am not giving up. Please PM me or find me under the similar username on DeafVideo.TV.

What's the big deal about Mensa? Both my parents belonged but didn't stay with the local meeting for long because it was a bunch of people who thought it was cool to get together to watch adult movies. Not a great intellectual pursuit.

I could join but won't, and I feel fairly certain I am not the only person here who could say that.

I don't really find that people with high IQ are more interesting than any other segment of the population, and those who think they need a Mensa member to make a connection leave me baffled.

A coworker who is a member of Mensa wanted me to take the Mensa test; he was sure I'd be accepted.

I don't really see the point. What would I do as a member of Mensa? Sit around with other Mensa members and talk about how smart we are? Why, what's the point?

Not to mention how sketchy IQ tests really are.

I don't get it.

I think it is much better to find common interests and talk about those. Are you interested in art, science, history, camping, hiking, or whatever? Then find other people who are interested in that and talk about it. You'll learn to appreciate people based on more than an IQ test that has debatable relevance anyway.

That's the way to go, Botts. Snap at their heels and tell them how stupid their egotism looks to others, including me. :giggle: Water seeks its own level, and labels are not needed.

What's the big deal about Mensa? Both my parents belonged but didn't stay with the local meeting for long because it was a bunch of people who thought it was cool to get together to watch adult movies. Not a great intellectual pursuit.
I could join but won't, and I feel fairly certain I am not the only person here who could say that.
I don't really find that people with high IQ are more interesting than any other segment of the population, and those who think they need a Mensa member to make a connection leave me baffled.

It's the assurement. Mensa membership gives me acknowledgement that a person IS in the top 2% percentile and can prove it. Just like a fraternity brother would talk to a brother from the same fraternity, it doesn't matter if they went to school together but it's a coterie. There's MANY chapters all over the globe with over 200 interests now. Your parents' time and our time are different nowadays. My teacher submitted my qualifying tests then I unwittingly declined an invitation in 1999. It's a regret I have. I've been reticent all these years, it's time. Enough. I need to come out and I'm ready to take on the challenges associated with being a genius. Please don't be cynical and say nothing if u don't have anything nice to say. This is my journey. Either, partake or refrain.

A coworker who is a member of Mensa wanted me to take the Mensa test; he was sure I'd be accepted.
I don't really see the point. What would I do as a member of Mensa? Sit around with other Mensa members and talk about how smart we are? Why, what's the point?
Not to mention how sketchy IQ tests really are.
I don't get it.
I think it is much better to find common interests and talk about those. Are you interested in art, science, history, camping, hiking, or whatever? Then find other people who are interested in that and talk about it. You'll learn to appreciate people based on more than an IQ test that has debatable relevance anyway.

If you do join their organization, you'll find people who share your interests thus making a farther connection much deeper than that with a common. It's like the love is platonic and preternatural at the same time.

Botti, thanks. :shock:

You're one of those many intellectuals who turns up your nose without heart to those who don't share your opinion. Mood dampening. If you're a true genius, you would understand more of what I'm trying to do here. Well, you're entitled to yours and I won't say anymore.

You're one of those many intellectuals who turns up your nose without heart to those who don't share your opinion. Mood dampening. If you're a true genius, you would understand more of what I'm trying to do here. Well, you're entitled to yours and I won't say anymore.

Why, thank you. :aw:

My equals, if you do happen to ever see this, you'll see that they just proved my repugance of intellectuals who say they're geniuses or near geniuses but they're in fact above average in addition to the "Deaf" character they carry as a minority. I haven't found what I seek and I won't stop, even if it takes another 15 years. At least, I left my mark here in hopes of an acquaintance only to be shot down by the Commons. I need not waste my time here in this particular thread.

I need to come out and I'm ready to take on the challenges associated with being a genius.

"Geniuses" are defined by what they do, not by a label conferred on them.

We know Einstein, Newton, and Sagan by what they did, not by a label by some organization. If it wasn't for what they did, no one would ever consider them a genius -- and rightly so.

If you want to be anything in your life, find a place to make a difference.

Mensa is not a place where you can make a difference. It's an exclusive club defined by their own standards, nothing more.

A club does not a genius make.

You want to be a genius? Then DO as a genius DOES. That means making a contribution of knowledge in some area. (And guess what? No one needs to be a genius to make a contribution to society, science, history, or anything else. They just have to have a vision and work hard, and be one of the lucky ones that accomplishes something before they die (that's harder than you think).)

It's that simple. And you do not need an organization for that. It's not the dusty, stuffy halls of Mensa that makes a difference and contribution to society. It's the research labs, the soup kitchens, the people working hard in every area of life ... and whether or not they are geniuses is irrelevant.

Do you want to make a difference? Then ACT to make a difference.

"Geniuses" are defined by what they do, not by a label conferred on them.

We know Einstein, Newton, and Sagan by what they did, not by a label by some organization. If it wasn't for what they did, no one would ever consider them a genius -- and rightly so.

If you want to be anything in your life, find a place to make a difference.

Mensa is not a place where you can make a difference. It's an exclusive club defined by their own standards, nothing more.

A club does not a genius make.

You want to be a genius? Then DO as a genius DOES. That means making a contribution of knowledge in some area. (And guess what? No one needs to be a genius to make a contribution to society, science, history, or anything else. They just have to have a vision and work hard, and be one of the lucky ones that accomplishes something before they die (that's harder than you think).)

It's that simple. And you do not need an organization for that. It's not the dusty, stuffy halls of Mensa that makes a difference and contribution to society. It's the research labs, the soup kitchens, the people working hard in every area of life ... and whether or not they are geniuses is irrelevant.

Do you want to make a difference? Then ACT to make a difference.

One person is a blip with ripple effect and more people united as one will have more effect. That's what I want to be a part of. I don't need to list my credentials here but I have a yearning to meet people who are alike me for acquaintanceships. You seem to think that I want to make a difference on AllDeaf, no, I want to meet people alike me on AllDeaf and Mensa is a tag word to narrow down the number of people I have to read past. Basically, I want to find a few people that resembles me with some of their own interests aside. I know what I seek and I will find it. Please don't shoo me off "to make a difference". I'm already doing so. I'm just coming out into AllDeaf asking for friends just to be gunned down. I'm okay with being and staying alone even I'm married for so damn long that I want to find a mentally equal friend to connect with just to see what it is like. Others won't truly understand, but I hope you can get it. *shrug

Back