Meniere's and Student Loans

TiaMarie

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is a special place I should put this or not.

I am 26 with bilateral Meniere's and has suffered much hearing loss, and very bad vertigo. I can not work a normal schedule, and the State has considered me disabled. My student loans from the Federal Government have been dropped, but Sallie Mae will not budge.

My mom has set up a petition on Change.org for Sallie Mae to help former students who have become sick.

If you have the time could you please sign and pass it along. It would be a lot to me.

http://http://www.change.org/petitions/sallie-mae-student-loans-forgive-student-loans-for-people-with-medical-disabilities

Thank you so much

Tia

I too have meniers. I've been lucky, that my vertigo has been infrequent. With help from vocational rehab for hearing aids, I can still work, but I could so easily be where you are. I definitely signed.

Thank you so much Will and Tim! It means a lot! My vertigo can last up to 10 hours. Not fun!

Because I also have really bad vertigo that is happening daily, along with very bad headaches. My ENT won't reform any surgeries at the moment because I am so young, (26) I don't have much hearing or balance left in my left ear, so my right ear is doing all the work. If I get the surgeries on my right ear I have a chance of losing what little hearing and balance I have left.

Because I also have really bad vertigo that is happening daily, along with very bad headaches. My ENT won't reform any surgeries at the moment because I am so young, (26) I don't have much hearing or balance left in my left ear, so my right ear is doing all the work. If I get the surgeries on my right ear I have a chance of losing what little hearing and balance I have left.

That is about the age I started having my surgeries. That's interesting. My vertigo was often daily as well. I just laid down until I got thru it. It certainly wasn't any fun.

I usually have to take either valium or ativan for mine and I can't work on them. I just sleep

I did not mean to cause this problem. why do you think sallie mae should waive your budget? just wonder.

I believe they should be more helpful in understanding that I can't make the payments they are asking and demanding because of something that I have no control over. Truly I think they should help out everyone. Student loan debt is now higher than credit card debt. They got a bail out from the government, they could cut some slack on use. My other student loans were dropped because of my menieres.

I just need help.

i tried to sign it but it did not stay up for long enough get my details on it

Thank you, the site doesn't work great on iPads, if that is what you are using. Thank you for trying!

Back