members with zero posts?

Sugar Addict

Reaction score
Hi was wondering how long members with zero post were active until their accounts are deleted?

I'm starting to see emails from members that has no post activities emailing me about themselves if I'm interested

is there some kind of measure that you guys can take in order to make sure that members who posts at least 15 posts or something like that can email/PM other members?

they are prolly just scams..

good idea that way we will know they are not scammers.. ugh.. lol

SmileyGin is correct.. IF there's username with ZERO posts which they could be Scams.... Same thing, happened to me... Just respond to Alex or RoadRunner or Vampy or LinuxGold.

If you get a message from a new member with 0 post count expressing interest in you and asking for you to email them directly, report them to me and I'll investigate. There's a chance it's a scammer trying to victimize deaf people.

Alex said:
If you get a message from a new member with 0 post count expressing interest in you and asking for you to email them directly, report them to me and I'll investigate. There's a chance it's a scammer trying to victimize deaf people.

eek! okay ill foward the email to you thanks!

It happened to me too, just 5 time but damn... I would block PM or add their to junk mail, but not right now.

If you think they are doing those PMs to everyone, then forward them to the admin or mods. If we see a bunch of them, we might take it as harassment or something... and do something about it. :thumb:

VamPyroX said:
If you think they are doing those PMs to everyone, then forward them to the admin or mods. If we see a bunch of them, we might take it as harassment or something... and do something about it. :thumb:

*nods in agreement* although, as for VamPyroX, he'll simply suck up the blood right out of 'em until they falter and can't do no more-- :laugh2:

:whistle:

lol RR vampy will only do this job alone? what about u? is it your job too? :P lol hehe

I see on the Member list a ton of members with no posts--it seems like 1/4 to 1/2 of the members have 0 posts. Why is that?

Alot of them might scan the sight for email adresses in posts. By doing this they can send you junk mail. Make sure you never put your email addresses in your post unless you want to be spamed!

I got a private message from one of them asking for romance.... I am taken!

I think people with 0 posts shouldn't be able to send private messages.

gnulinuxman said:
I think people with 0 posts shouldn't be able to send private messages.

That’s not a bad idea. I’m a member at another board where you’re not even allowed to have an avatar until you make at least 30 posts.

rjr2006 said:
they should be removed if they do not post........

Alex has stated in the past that having a lot of members looks good to advertisers, so he keeps them around for that reason. Might as well—let’s keep AllDeaf free and limit Alex’s out-of-pocket expenditures.

i have got one pm asking for romance EEK i am not interesting in online romance i am DONE with that i am finished with that

but i agree with mods block or pm them if it got out of hands
smile

VamPyroX said:

Well, they want to let you know how much they have a sweet and sour blood for you. It is almost midnight. You will enjoy to stuck their bloody. :naughty: They PM to you to let you know that they are available tonight.

maybe its time to clean up those un-used old zero posted user names...

sprinkle salts over it.. so those "leeches" will come off.. (from the lists) :giggle:..

maybe it will help the bandwidth using for the forums? clean up junks and un-used for long time.. (shrugs)..

:)

as someone who registered and stayed at zero posts for several months, maybe they're simply shy or just registered for access to the members-only forums?

it really doesn't bother me

Back