MegaMillion

I am serious, if you are willing to pay for my gas there and back, I will buy a money order and mail the rest back. You have all these AD members as witnesses.

after paying for your expenses and tax... it's not even worth it.

It is worthless to buy lottery tickets. Even if you win money, you'll have to pay taxes on it! :giggle:

It is worthless to buy lottery tickets. Even if you win money, you'll have to pay taxes on it! :giggle:

First, it is IRS thing.

Depending on how much money you win, along with other income, usually, the taxes have personal exemption and standard deduction, after apply both of them so it will be 10% to 35%.

If you win $300 and have no other source of income so you will not pay any federal tax due to personal exemption and standard deduction, if you did so you will get tax refund. If you have a lot of other source of income so $300 will count as taxable income, it doesn't means all of money are gone, only some portion will be gone, depending on income.

Saying lottery tickets are worthless, is opinion matter.

I received feedback from MegaMillion and now have an address to where I can mail the tickets to them for my prize to be mailed to me. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
Like I said, hope we ask learn something about buying tickets while on the road.

BTW: Nashville and Opryland were great, don't worry about being deaf...there is much more than just music.

Finally, I'm glad that your issue got resolved.

Do you see back of lottery ticket about mail information?

First, it is IRS thing.

Depending on how much money you win, along with other income, usually, the taxes have personal exemption and standard deduction, after apply both of them so it will be 10% to 35%.

If you win $300 and have no other source of income so you will not pay any federal tax due to personal exemption and standard deduction, if you did so you will get tax refund. If you have a lot of other source of income so $300 will count as taxable income, it doesn't means all of money are gone, only some portion will be gone, depending on income.

Saying lottery tickets are worthless, is opinion matter.

My point is that many people spend so much on lottery tickets and only win a fraction of what they spent on the tickets! People try so hard to become rich when they should just be content with what they have.

My point is that many people spend so much on lottery tickets and only win a fraction of what they spent on the tickets! People try so hard to become rich when they should just be content with what they have.

They are free to do it whatever they want with their money.

I won some of lottery tickets and gained far more money than loss. ;)

They are free to do it whatever they want with their money.

I won some of lottery tickets and gained far more money than loss. ;)

Of course, people are free to do whatever they want with their money. My point just shows that people need to do a better job with managing their money, especially when it comes to lottery tickets.

There was a situation not too long ago where one woman won the lottery and her sister said she would share some of the winnings with her. The winner said her sister wouldn't get anything. So they went to court over this dispute! From the time the lawsuit was made to the time the decision was made, they weren't talking to each other! Money is one culprit that drives people apart from each other. Sad, isn't it?

Of course, people are free to do whatever they want with their money. My point just shows that people need to do a better job with managing their money, especially when it comes to lottery tickets.

There was a situation not too long ago where one woman won the lottery and her sister said she would share some of the winnings with her. The winner said her sister wouldn't get anything. So they went to court over this dispute! From the time the lawsuit was made to the time the decision was made, they weren't talking to each other! Money is one culprit that drives people apart from each other. Sad, isn't it?

Ok, that why I refused to share with someone when buy lottery ticket. I buys lottery ticket with my money, just only for me, not others. Not surprised about lawsuit could cost more than winning lottery ticket.

I don't know why money is necessary for economy and life.

Ok, that why I refused to share with someone when buy lottery ticket. I buys lottery ticket with my money, just only for me, not others. Not surprised about lawsuit could cost more than winning lottery ticket.

I don't know why money is necessary for economy and life.

Yeah, it happened primarily because people are greedy!

Money is necessary for life because things cost money such as food, rent, and so on. Things aren't free. This is how things have always been. But of course, some people take it too far!

Yeah, it happened primarily because people are greedy!

Money is necessary for life because things cost money such as food, rent, and so on. Things aren't free. This is how things have always been. But of course, some people take it too far!

That why there are people support full/true communist (not Soviet/authoritarian communist), it means government, head of state or similar phrase, are responsible to provide an housing, meal, sewer, water, electricity, education (including college), library, home care, religious service, transportation, employment, phone service, heating, etc) so citizens live on moneyless society. There will be no rich, poor or middle class because it is all classless.

It won't work at all, of course.

Finally, I'm glad that your issue got resolved.

Do you see back of lottery ticket about mail information?

Thank you for your interest, Foxrac, and I just want to report my findings.
This is what I was told and I'm not saying it is right nor wrong, only reporting it.

All states have many games within their state but there are also national games, Powerball and MegaMillion. All the tickets have printed on the back of them the information for that state's lottery....different games do not have different information, they are all the same.

If you win and want to cash in the ticket you ned to go to a outlet for that state. In otherwords a Pick-Three ticket for one state can not be cashed in at another state.
Same with all games. For Powerball and MegaMillion, those tickets go to the national mailing address, which is not printed on the back. The state that you brought the ticket in will cash that ticket at ONE OF ITS OUTLETS but other states will not at their outlets. So unless you return to that state, in my case Tennessee, you have to send the ticket to the games national mailing address.

I've done this and how just waiting on my winnings. I agree that playing the games can be dangerous but I set a limit for myself. For respectyoda, it is called a vacation and, like everything else, you budget for fun and entertainment. Granted, some of us will go way over budget but some will be wise. Nevertheless, the idea is to have fun on vacation.

Back