Meeting @ Uni!

shezzbeav

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a meeting scheduled for Thursday 4pm at my campus to see whether I will be allowed to partake in the Hearing Impairment strand as part of my Special Education degree.

I really want to do the HI strand next year, as it is being offered for the final time in 2009 as a part of the Special Education degree for undergraduates.

I did not finish all the 2nd year subjects, which are required to be completed before going onto doing special education subjects for 3rd and 4th year. I stuffed up big time last semester by doing VERY little study and too much partying! Oops!
I took this semester off to rethink my approach to studies, and to refresh my brain. This semester is nearly over, and I feel that I am ready to go back to uni and put my arse into gear, and get crackin' onto my studies.

Wish me luck!

Would this be on Wednesday? It is now Tuesday after 12:00AM (Eastern time here) (after 3:00PM where you are at.)

Best luck and do let us know of the outcome. :)

Yeah, it would be Wednesday night, or just after midnight Thursday, where ever you are living :)

Thanks Brian.

Will keep you guys in the loop.

Good luck to you shezzbeav. We could use more teachers like you.

Thanks guys :)

The meeting yesterday went well, but I have been strongly advised not to do the HI strand next year, as it will be a big jump from doing 2nd year subjects to 4th year subjects and I would find it extremely difficult. The lecturer who looks after the HI strand said that she doesn't want to see me over stressed and withdraw halfway through the course.

So I'll be doing the normal special education degree, and then do masters in hearing impairment after graduating with B.SpecEd.

Ah well, better than nothing, as long I'm still on the path to achieving my dream of becoming a Teacher of the Deaf.

Come March, I'll be back in books and be a huge NERD lol. No more partying for me. Will be good cause I've cut down immensely on my partying habits in the last 5 months.

Thanks guys :)

The meeting yesterday went well, but I have been strongly advised not to do the HI strand next year, as it will be a big jump from doing 2nd year subjects to 4th year subjects and I would find it extremely difficult. The lecturer who looks after the HI strand said that she doesn't want to see me over stressed and withdraw halfway through the course.

So I'll be doing the normal special education degree, and then do masters in hearing impairment after graduating with B.SpecEd.

Ah well, better than nothing, as long I'm still on the path to achieving my dream of becoming a Teacher of the Deaf.

Come March, I'll be back in books and be a huge NERD lol. No more partying for me. Will be good cause I've cut down immensely on my partying habits in the last 5 months.

That is actually the course that many TOD's in the States choose, as well. Glad to hear that you have set your goals and the means to achieve them. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Back