Meeting the parents

SFShawn13

Reaction score
Meeting parents of boyfriends always makes me nervous! I don't know why, I have never had a bad experience with meeting parents before. And my current boyfriends' parents are so effing well off and fancy shmancy, I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Any tips or personal stories about meeting parents? :naughty:

All I can say is be yourself...:)

I acted myself and my husband's parents loves me for who I am. As for my parents...let's just say they're not on good terms with my husband.

Good luck :)

Meeting parents of boyfriends always makes me nervous! I don't know why, I have never had a bad experience with meeting parents before. And my current boyfriends' parents are so effing well off and fancy shmancy, I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Any tips or personal stories about meeting parents? :naughty:

Be yourself! With extra politeness. Your boyfriend should be able to tell you what are his parents likes and dislikes are.

Be yourself :)

Just be polite, nice, friendly. My brother was scare to introduce his girlfriend to us and refuse to introduce her to us even though we asked him to and for like 3 months later, he finally introduced his girlfriend to us. All of the families happened to like her :lol:

Just be yourself and be nice! And if his parents are very laid back -- don't be overly polite. That can be just as much a turn off. But do be polite. Good luck!

Since everyone seems to have already said "be yourself", I'll add a few more. I think the most helpful would be to ask your bf about his relationship with his parents, and go off that. I have a really hard time with my gf's parents because she has such a different relationship with them than I have with mine. But getting a feel for how he acts around his parents, or things that he thinks you should watch out for will help a lot.

Also, depending on what the situation is, just be aware they might not like you. It sucks, but it's true. My ex's family loved me. With her mom, I always felt like I was just another one of the kids. My gf now? Not so much. I'm the first person she's ever dated, they had no idea she was gay, she's an only child, and her parents are kind of older. Plus they're one of those families that doesn't really talk about their issues. So two years later, they still just don't really like me, have only met me a couple times, never talk to or about me, and there's just nothing I can really do. I mean, we're getting engaged soon, and they still don't feel any need to get to know me.

I'm kind of rambling, but the point is just this: do your best, and try to remember that how they feel about you isn't always going to actually be "about" you. There might just be other stuff in the way.

Oh, and good luck! ;)

Thanks! That's a great point. His parents are pretty conservative but are okay with him being gay. I think the only issue that may arise for his parents is he is 23, and I am 18. Roflll.

I would like meet my boyfriend's parents somedays when im returns to London,England somedays and his family very british people.

and also my boyfriend will meet my parents somedays im hope so.

Back