Meet a D/deaf girl/woman

TrippyMoods22

Reaction score
I'd love to meet and get to know a D/deaf woman.. Would one or more be willing to teach me ASL; or to help me with it? I'm 22, plan to attend GU in the fall, and am HoH. Name's Samuel. :3

You are very nice and handsome. You will probably date alot at Gallaudet!

I try, i try :) the golden rule is the best one!
As for dating, we shall see. I'm not ruling much out during my time at GU :3 i'd much rather have friends, before romantic partners

I'd love to meet and get to know a D/deaf woman.. Would one or more be willing to teach me ASL; or to help me with it? I'm 22, plan to attend GU in the fall, and am HoH. Name's Samuel. :3

You will learn how to sign ASL in the Prep class before you join in the Freshman year and you will be making friends and finding right gal for you at Gallaudet University. Just be patient. You will be getting there. :P

I know; i just want to expedite the process, though! I don't even want to date right now; i just want somebody to spend time with and sign with. I want it yesterday!! lol

Hi Sam!!

i'm not D/deaf or even that hard of hearing [i cant understand people who mumble, they say everyone else can understand them, so it must be me, right?]

but i have been learning sign language the past 6 or so years, i have skyped with many a beginners, and i was a teacher, so i'm pretty good at helping people learn the basics. i'd be very willing to help if you can't find a good D/deaf girl ;):cool2:

Hi Sam!!

i'm not D/deaf or even that hard of hearing [i cant understand people who mumble, they say everyone else can understand them, so it must be me, right?]

but i have been learning sign language the past 6 or so years, i have skyped with many a beginners, and i was a teacher, so i'm pretty good at helping people learn the basics. i'd be very willing to help if you can't find a good D/deaf girl ;):cool2:
Heck yes! You da best c: are you available tomorrow afternoon before 2pm?

Hi Sam!!

You are hearing but could not understand the mumbles? Did you went to the audiologist to have your hearing test? Maybe that would help you to know how much hearing loss you have.

I feel that hearing people have sensitive hearing to hear everything but when it come to mumble, I thought that is normal for hearing person not responding to the people who mumble if you could not hear clearly on what they are trying to say. Usually they spoke low voices and you need to ask that person to speak up. :hmm:

Yaaay, leggo! C: i can't promise a long convo, as i work early in the morning; but we will see where it goes c: my skype is in_over_my_head18

Trippymoods. Gally is swimming with smooooookin hot deafie chicks,
Just be natural,
You wil do fine...first night of frosh week, you will hook up, its a given..
Have fun, but remembe
Your there to Study. Keep focused,
Youll do fine.

I try, i try :) the golden rule is the best one!
As for dating, we shall see. I'm not ruling much out during my time at GU :3 i'd much rather have friends, before romantic partners

YAY! Good boy! Back in the AIM days, I used to get crazy dhh dudes who were oral/mainstreamed and they were DESPERATE for a girlfriend.....I'm like...I understand but get to know me first and then see if we hit it off....it's not a gender thing either....in my lesbian groups on FB we often have threads started by people who have people who randomly add them from the group, and then want an Instant Relationship!

Yeah, it's crazy.. desperation drives people to eyebrow-raising measures.
I am so ready to ditch my HA's and learn ASL. I don't want to be a part of the hearing world. I want to be around potential friends, positive energy, and learning! Lots of learning. Dating isn't a priority. I know what i don't want, so i don't need to date for awhile. It annoys me when people "lose interest" bc they want a pack of Instant Me.. I'm not a drink you tear open, pour, and stir before sipping! I'm a fine wine.. I just get better with age c; as common sense would have it, so should we all. Haste usually makes waste in any relationship.

*grin* love it, love it..... I think you're on the right track then!

Bieng deafie its always been easy..sign acts as a magnet or heat seeker for certain hearie chicks...always. my deafie school we had allot of hearie chicks always come around, its easy..as adult too. Just sign. Go to any hearie university and just be a cool cat deafie..in no time .you will be confronted with choosing amongst mutiples...
No joke
Sign not only (Refer to my sig),but also gets you laid..
Go get em trippymoods

Back