Med-El CI Users

ptcallaghan

Reaction score
Any Med-El users around....i see lots of AB and Cochlear....

Am likely getting a Med-El implant based on the recommendation of the CI Audi and am curious what actual users think of them...not interested in what people have heard from someone else...

Thanks

Thanks...I will def check it out...

Any more Med-El users in our midst?? Sounds like maybe they are more popular in Europe???

pek1 is a medel user if Im not mistaken but im not sure how often he comes on anymore..haven't seen him post in awhile

But in North America AB and Cochlear seem to be more prevalent than Med-El...or is that just because they have more money to throw into advertising etc

It will be at Sunnybrook in TO...closest to my hometown but also where my local Audi recommended I be sent...couldnt get anywhere with the ENT here so my family doc made the referral

I like it very much. My first choice was Cochelar but my aduie and doctor decided Med-El would be better for me. I'd recommend it. However, your doctor and audie may think a different implant would work better for you.

I like it very much. My first choice was Cochelar but my aduie and doctor decided Med-El would be better for me. I'd recommend it. However, your doctor and audie may think a different implant would work better for you.

Thanks. I had a bad first impression with Med-El.. but it's starting to change.
Thanks,
*EQL*

EQL - any specific reason you had a bad initial opinion??

when i first looked into it a few years ago they didnt have the opus2 out yet. They only had this horrible-looking opus (which when compared to what AB and Cochlear had at the time just looked ancient), and their website wasn't up-to-date. It didn't instill confidence in me that's all. But my opinion is starting to change, although i'm still worried that their implant seems to have fewer electrodes than the other 2 brands.
*EQL*

Well at least there are some Med-El users around....certainly out numbered though...

I met with my surgeon last week and due to the fact that they dont deal with Cochlear and AB is currently under recall....if I want an implant it will be Med-EL..

I think I am quite happy with what I have found researchwise....they have definitely come along was with the Opus 2 processor. It isnt much bigger than my HA.

Had a choice of probably 10 or 12 colours but I chose to be boring and go with grey...no lime green or baby blue for me...

I have read at least one person receiving additional colours for the battery case....perhaps ill get my lime green then....haha

Well at least there are some Med-El users around....certainly out numbered though...

I met with my surgeon last week and due to the fact that they dont deal with Cochlear and AB is currently under recall....if I want an implant it will be Med-EL..

I think I am quite happy with what I have found researchwise....they have definitely come along was with the Opus 2 processor. It isnt much bigger than my HA.

Had a choice of probably 10 or 12 colours but I chose to be boring and go with grey...no lime green or baby blue for me...

I have read at least one person receiving additional colours for the battery case....perhaps ill get my lime green then....haha
ive heard that too but the person i saw who got extras was in the USA.. so good luck! any date yet?
*EQL*

Actually yah I cant believe I left that out...duhhh

April 14th is the big day....

It was kinda funny they had an intern in before the Dr. came and he said it would be in about 2 months....then the Doc came and said about 6 weeks....I was getting excited....then I met with the secretary and the earliest appt was actually 3 months away....but still I am not complaining...works out better for me personally with work etc anyways.

Needless to say I think someone needs to update the Drs on the timeline

Back