me just me

echo77

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Sorry but this is long. As of right now I'm a hearing person. I say that because my primary doctor thinks I have Meniere's Disease. My insurance just approved for me to have a Select Picture Audiometry, Tympanometry, Complete Hearing Test, Hearing Test, and a Hearing Function Test. Back in the 90's I started noticing issues where it was like someone had just turned off the volume. This would last 3-5 minutes or so and the volume would be turned back on. I saw an Audiologist who said that there was nothing wrong with me. However about 4 years ago, I started hearing things. First it was ringing in both ears. Then it became bugs crawling in my right ear, and wind blowing through my left ear. Eventually the feeling of my left ear drum vibrating extremely fast and being very painful at the time. Lately I have the feeling of being light headed/dizzy or sometimes I feel like the floor/bed is not below me and I'm falling. I have noticed within the last 6 months now that I have the sounds of water like I'm in the shower with a high pitch ringing mixed with it. It's very soft and I don't know if it going on all the time, but I hear it when I'm alone and everything is quiet. I use to be a Musician. But about 2 years ago I started noticing that what I'm hearing is not what is being played. So I gave up singing, playing the hand bells and playing the piano. I rather be alone and not around people. If I'm on the computer I have to make sure that the volume is off because it usually just hurts my ears. Thankfully we have DVR and if I didn't catch a word or words that was said on the TV I can rewind it a bit and replay it until I do hear the word/words or I get upset and quit. Anyhow that's me just me.

Hi Echo, welcome to alldeaf. Always nice to get another member from California. So many of us here can relate to what you are experiencing. There is a lot of information available on this site so have fun reading the many informative threads.

My social life took a downward spiral when I lost my hearing. I would rather spend one on one time or alone now. It's just easier that way. Good Luck.

Thank you everyone. Are there any members on here that have Menierre's? When I put it in the search area it comes back with nothing.

Thank you everyone. Are there any members on here that have Menierre's? When I put it in the search area it comes back with nothing.

Several. You should probably have a thread titled "Meniere's " If you want them to notice you.

Back