MCI's relay business will no longer be an "American company"

In case anyone has been trying to keep up with this or even care, the transition date is supposively set for October 21st (which is coincidentally my birthday). I wouldn't bet the farm on this. That date has been pushed back several times already, although I'm not sure why, but it is going through.

mci has call centers in tha a few phillipines , a few canada , mexico , argentina , and all their offline work is gone to india things like credit approvals and stuff like that . they don't have hardly any call centers left in the us excpet for their financial depts which is a 3rd party vendor crazy isn't it ? and ppl wonder why it can take up to 60 days for phone service :bsflag: :booty: :buttsex:

2_RESTRICTED said:
mci has call centers in tha a few phillipines , a few canada , mexico , argentina , and all their offline work is gone to india things like credit approvals and stuff like that . they don't have hardly any call centers left in the us excpet for their financial depts which is a 3rd party vendor crazy isn't it ? and ppl wonder why it can take up to 60 days for phone service :bsflag: :booty: :buttsex:

I'm not aware of any calls centers in Canada, Mexico, or Agentina, or anything in India. There are 5 relay call centers, which will belong to vCustomer as soon as Friday. 4 are located here in the US, and 1 located in the Phillipines. Then there are 3 other call centers that serve other purposes located here in the US that will be going to vCustomer.

I didn't mean relay call centers I just ment call centers in general and yea there 's call centers in all those places and hardly any left in the us I'm not sure about relay tho. I used to work for mci for quite sometime. I hope they don't take their relay off shore tho. relay calls are hard enough let alone trying to figure out an accent on top of all of it .. I vote to keep em at least in the us

cental34 said:
In case anyone has been trying to keep up with this or even care, the transition date is supposively set for October 21st (which is coincidentally my birthday). I wouldn't bet the farm on this. That date has been pushed back several times already, although I'm not sure why, but it is going through.

Date pushed back. Still MCI. New date set for November 5th.

2_RESTRICTED said:

I'm sure all telephone companies have call centers in just about every country, including the U.S., for everything from customer service to relay to technical support to billing to network monitoring.

But, are you talking about RELAY call centers? I don't get your term "offline work." No one, to my knowledge, operates any relay centers in Mexico and Argentina. The only countries that provide relay services, to my knowledge, are:

United States
Canada
Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico
Australia
New Zealand
United Kingdom
Sweden
Finland
Denmark
Netherlands
Switzerland
Norway

The latest documents I can find that mention the above bolded countries was published in 2000. The rest of them, I know from personal contacts and I'm certain they're accurate. No mention of Mexico, Argentina, Costa Rica, Italy, France, etc. beyond rumors.

Well. In a memo that I recieved today, apparently the deal will not go through. MCI will retain its relay services. I'm very interested to see how everything plays out from here. I'm hopeful, to say the least.

To elaborate on the situation, MCI management has stated to us that they have no more intention of selling their relay services. I'm not sure on the Verizon/MCI deal's status, but my assumption is that everything would end up under Verizon. Does anyone have information on Verizon and MCI?

Back