McDonald's

ClearSky

Reaction score
I just got a job at McDonald's. My orientation is tomorrow. I have to work on asking people questions as they are brief and change plans quickly. Ex. the person I was asked to see 2 days in a row wasn't there, so I was seen by another manager. I was told to see the real manager to ask questions about whether or not it is full-time and how much. I wasn't told what to wear. Do you know if I should wear anything specific?

Since you will be working at McDonald's they'll give ua uniform to use. But for now use a good pant and shirt. Good Luck.

I am deaf and I work at mcds

they gave me a uniform and make sure you follow handbook and procedures talked about at all times. if you need more mcd's help feel free to pm me

Deaflinuxgeek

Good luck with your orientation.

I remember a deaf friend who worked at McDonalds one time. He had a customer that he couldn't understand very well. So, the customer nicely acted out his order...

*holds up 6 fingers*

*waves elbows like chicken*

*makes 'small' gesture with fingers*

Yep, he wanted 6-piece chicken nuggets!

*uses 2 hands top/bottom to make small gesture*

*shakes head sideways*

*uses 2 hands top/bottom to make big gesture*

*shakes head sideways*

*uses 2 hands top/bottom to make medium gesture*

*shakes head up & down*

*gestures drinking out of cup*

*puts one open hand under nose*

*puts other hands with a gesture of holding a straw and places between hand and nose*

*makes snorting expression*

Yep, he wanted a medium Coke! ;)

VamPyroX said:
Good luck with your orientation.

I remember a deaf friend who worked at McDonalds one time. He had a customer that he couldn't understand very well. So, the customer nicely acted out his order...

*holds up 6 fingers*

*waves elbows like chicken*

*makes 'small' gesture with fingers*

Yep, he wanted 6-piece chicken nuggets!

*uses 2 hands top/bottom to make small gesture*

*shakes head sideways*

*uses 2 hands top/bottom to make big gesture*

*shakes head sideways*

*uses 2 hands top/bottom to make medium gesture*

*shakes head up & down*

*gestures drinking out of cup*

*puts one open hand under nose*

*puts other hands with a gesture of holding a straw and places between hand and nose*

*makes snorting expression*

Yep, he wanted a medium Coke! ;)

that is cool

I used to work at mcdonald's when i was 14 years old (holy shit, 16 yrs ago) a guy came up to me asking for more salt..I had my salt handy and gave him plenty of salt on his fries. the pay was really bad, i worked there for less than a year lol

ClearSky said:
I just got a job at McDonald's. My orientation is tomorrow. I have to work on asking people questions as they are brief and change plans quickly. Ex. the person I was asked to see 2 days in a row wasn't there, so I was seen by another manager. I was told to see the real manager to ask questions about whether or not it is full-time and how much. I wasn't told what to wear. Do you know if I should wear anything specific?

I used to work at McDonalds for like 3 months then quit! :giggle:

It is very low income...like $6.50 something like that...Don't worry they will give you the uniforms and shoes...

You will be required to attend a meeting to receive food service card. It is required by law.

Good Luck! :D

in the last 2 months on tv here there has been 2 reports that a cheese burger was kept for 9 years and compaired tio one brought the day of the show they looked the same tests where done and results where that the 9 year old one was still ok to eat ... there was no mould nothing.

Eekk!

KiStY said:
in the last 2 months on tv here there has been 2 reports that a cheese burger was kept for 9 years and compaired tio one brought the day of the show they looked the same tests where done and results where that the 9 year old one was still ok to eat ... there was no mould nothing.

Eekk!

Umm...I don't buy that...It is against the FDC Law for pass the expired date...There is no way for anyone to eat that otherwise they will get food poison in their stomach...

For example: My friends and I went to Red Lobster Resturant few years ago...I ordered my favorite food there...After eating my favorite meals - about 30 minutes later, I all of suddenly ran to restroom front of everyone! And I threw up inside the toliet..which it was good thing...I realized it was food poison...So, I complained to the manager...He was embarrassed abt it...He gave me next free meal plus I didnt have to pay for dinner that night!

I think maybe tv show are doing it for attention - maybe trying to make McDonalds Business look bad... :dunno:

Well, I did not get the job. Turns out they had things confused and did not have any application from me. I came in, and they did not recognize that someone was coming for an orientation. They made me wait and fill out an application over again. Then, the lady came back talking about hours. Another manager came to talk to me about hours, and I said (to be sure they got it) that I did not want to work doing registers or the front because I am hard of hearing. He said he's got too many people doing grill cook or whatever. I told him that the other manager told me that I could do prep work making salads, stocking things, etc. He said the other manager is new and sorry to keep me waiting. Gosh, I went in 4 days to McDonald's to apply, an interview, told to come back to ask when I could come in and lastly to the supposedly orientation I was told I would have. Also, when I applied, they told me to come Monday to meet this manager. I did and the other manager told me that she wasn't there because she was at a meeting. I said I was told to come in there specific date and time. She then attended me. I was supposed to see this manager who was at a meeting, and she never seemed to exist. Crap, do they make you wait every time? They don't admit to anything such as missing my application or not having a freaking clue I was coming. Of course, they were different managers because it was morning. I came iN as if there was no record of me applying, taking test, etc., at all.

I got other interviews coming though. *sigh*

I just ate at McNasty's for lunch.. oops... I mean Mcdonalds. Sorry you didn't get the job.

coloravalanche said:
Umm...I don't buy that...It is against the FDC Law for pass the expired date...There is no way for anyone to eat that otherwise they will get food poison in their stomach...

For example: My friends and I went to Red Lobster Resturant few years ago...I ordered my favorite food there...After eating my favorite meals - about 30 minutes later, I all of suddenly ran to restroom front of everyone! And I threw up inside the toliet..which it was good thing...I realized it was food poison...So, I complained to the manager...He was embarrassed abt it...He gave me next free meal plus I didnt have to pay for dinner that night!

I think maybe tv show are doing it for attention - maybe trying to make McDonalds Business look bad... :dunno:

they didnt buy the food after being 9 years old, they keep it in the fridge and the tests where done by a a scenicest. they didnt eat it it was to show how much preservatives that are put in our food we it, they said that even thoug test showed that it had no mould and anything bad they dont recommand that ppl should keep them for 9 years. it was not aimed to make maccas look bad, but to show how preservatives are in foods.
as for making maccas look bad, wasnt the a movie a few years back ............

Thank god I don't work at McFuck. I don't eat too much of McFuck, only few times. There is one McFuck within 3 blocks away from my work.

As for pay.. yeah, they do suck! I have a better job than McFuck's.

Thank god I don't work at McFuck. I don't eat too much of McFuck, only few times. There is one McFuck within 3 blocks away from my work.

As for pay.. yeah, they do suck! I have a better job than McFuck's.

oh gee... come on...Good for you... Some people love their job and love it so what throw it in somebodys face...

Well, Better than lives on street ? right ?

We need money to live! better than nothing! !

M-:afro:

I worked in Burger King many years ago during summer break from college. I wore an ugly brown polyester uniform which was almost too tight around my boobs. I was "hostess" but really it was more of janitor job--I tried work the front, taking orders but it was too hard for me. The pay sucked--minimum wage at that time was $3.75 an hour. But it was good experience for the resume. In those days, I wasn't required to have food service card.

I refuse to work at McShit or any other fast food places, or any kind of shit jobs. I used to work in shit jobs where I was never appreciated. Then I got laid off, and decided that I would NOT work any more shit jobs, that I would finish college and get a good job where I can use my brains, where I would be appreciated, and where I would be paid very well. I don't care what people think. I will not put up with anyone's shit anymore. And I need to make enough so that I can earn a LIVING WAGE, be able to afford a decent place to live, pay all my bills, be able to afford at least a good used car, gas, and also to have money for FUN. I will not work just to make enough for rent, bill, food, and nothine else. I will not work myself to death just to earn enough. Fuck that. There is more to life than just working 12 hours a day, come home, eat, piss, shit, and sleep, and then get up at the crack of dawn to work yet another 12 hours, and where I get to earn only $600 a month even if I work 12 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. Fuck that shit. I don't have the health for it anymore. My hips, knees, feet, and my back are detoriating, and I expect to have surgeries on them in the next 5 years. And I'm only 26. Fuck all that shit.

Back