Mayflower's Hamster Died

Levonian

Reaction score
Our hamster Maria, who was named after Cheri’s hamster, died of cancer yesterday. She was only about a year old. Hamsters typically live about three years, so she was less than thirty in hamster years. Mayflower is kind of sad about the whole thing. We’re going to have a private ceremony in the backyard as soon as we both have a day off. Right now she’s in the freezer, wrapped in plastic.

:sadwave:

IMG_5718.jpg

Aww I am sorry! :hug: She was so cute! I love her cute face!

RIP Maria!

Sorry about Mayflower's hamster. She is in peace now and no more suffering.

She was so cute! I love her cute face!

She was kind of ornery (she was quick to bite if you pissed her off) but she was a cute little thing. She was a black bear hamster, which is a dark-colored breed of Syrian hamster. I actually don’t like hamsters that much (I’m a chinchilla person myself), but in my opinion the black bear is the cutest of all the hamster breeds.

I am sorry about Mayflower's hamster. :( Rest In Peace, Maria.

Awww, Maria was a cutie!

Mayflower, I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

:hug:

I'm so sorry. At least she's not suffering anymore.

She went really fast. It was kind of strange. The tumors just kept growing and growing and growing until she was waddling around like a furry little Jabba the Hutt. But it didn’t seem to bother her much—she didn’t seem to be suffering at all. Then about three days ago, she suddenly became weak and lethargic. We tried to euthanize her by feeding her hummus laced with 30 milligrams of phenobarbital, but it didn’t faze her one bit. I’m guessing that the tumor metabolized all the barbiturate. Then she just suddenly started shrinking. In just two days she became nothing more than a fur-covered skeleton with huge tumors growing out of her sides. So we kept her warm and let her die in peace. Yesterday morning she was barely breathing, and when we got home from work she was gone. So we wrapped her up, and we’ll bury her soon next to my guinea pig Tribble.

Awww I see the pic of Maria and it is sooo cute :(.. I am sorry about that maria is passed away. She is in heaven right now and watch over mayflower :)

I am sorry for your loss. :( but at least Maria is in heaven now and is not suffering anymore and is at peace now.. :( She sure is a cutie! :(

I am sorry for Mayflower's loss. May she rest in peace.....

i am sorry mayflower about maria hugs
i lost my hamster when i was 19 she was golden hamster

levonian my sister had black chinchilla i know what they look like smile

Levonian,

Do tell Mayflower that I am deeply sorry for the loss of her hamster. :(

Very hard to lose a pet!

why you didn't take her to the vet and get her tumor out???

why you let her suffer like that, why you didn't put her to sleep or something?

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about Maria. May her join in heaven along with other hamsters. RIP Maria
hamsterheav.gif

why you didn't take her to the vet and get her tumor out???

why you let her suffer like that, why you didn't put her to sleep or something?

To be perfectly honest about it, we weren’t willing to spend hundreds of dollars for an operation on a hamster. It was Mayflower’s pet and she was fond of it, but the simple fact is that it was just a hamster. And as I already indicated, we attempted to euthanize her ourselves, but failed. We knew that it would cost $45 to have her put to sleep, because I had already called the vet and inquired about it. When the phenobarb didn’t work, we agreed that we would take her to the vet if it appeared that she was suffering. But she seemed fine up until a couple of days ago, and then she went downhill fast and quickly slipped away. I really already made all this very clear. I still cannot comprehend how you completed two undergraduate degrees.

Back