May Mary Brooks, my good friend's soul rest in peace.

Sosie

Reaction score
The Strife is O'er
TODAY IS TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2011

November 23, 1960 - July 5, 2011

Dear Friends.... Our Mary has gone on to Heaven.
It was a peaceful passing, at 9:10pm.
Hannah, Tyler and Galen were
RIGHT THERE WITH HER, holding her and loving her through it.
THANK YOU for your prayers and care... we have all felt it and been sustained.
In Mary's own words, we have been "blessed beyond measure"... Truly.
The spark that is Mary is now lighting up Heaven.
To God be the Glory....More as we know it.

+++++++++++++++++++

Mary Kramer Brooks, age 50, of Stow, Massachusetts, died peacefully at home at 9:10 pm on July 5, 2011, surrounded by her loving husband, Galen, and her devoted daughter and son, Hannah and Tyler and a few dear friends.
Mary was born in Omaha, Nebraska on November 23, 1960 to Thomas Logan Kramer and Zota Lorene (McCart) Kramer. She was the third born and is survived by six remaining brothers and sisters: Randall Kramer of Kansas City, Missouri; Debra Robb of Columbia, Missouri; Steven Kramer of Medicine Lodge, Kansas; Cindy Soule of Kansas City, Missouri; Thomas Kramer of Sevierville, Tennessee and Bradley Kramer of Atchison, Missouri. She is also survived by her mother, Zota, of Kansas City, Missouri; her father passed away in 1976.
Mary attended college in Iowa and studied American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting. She moved to Boston, Massachusetts in 1983 to begin what turned into a long and cherished career as an interpreter for the hearing impaired. She worked at Boston’s Freedom Trail Clinic in the Deaf Outpatient Clinic from 1987 – 1989. In addition to her freelance interpreting, Mary was a valued colleague at the Deaf Community Center in Framingham, Massachusetts and most recently for the Archdiocese of Boston, ministering and serving the deaf senior citizens through the Deaf Apostolate. Mary was also known as an accomplished seamstress and had crafted many beautiful wedding dresses and bridesmaid’s gowns.
Early on, Mary found a church home to nourish her strong Christian faith at Newton Presbyterian Church on Newton Corner and the first person to greet her there turned out to be the love of her life, Galen Bergh Brooks, also of Newton, Massachusetts. They married on October 3, 1987. Their daughter, Hannah Elizabeth was born in 1989 and their son, Tyler Austin was born in 1991. She and Galen shared their hearts and home with Stephen McTigue, age 40, originally of Worcester, Massachusetts beginning in 2003. Where there were once four, now there was a family of five.
Mary had many gifts; she was a storyteller and painted pictures with her words giving all who listened a chance to laugh. Mary could put on a tea party like no one else. She found beauty, tenderness and the hand of God where most others struggle to see anything good. She loved all things Christmas and delighted in creating a lovely home with beautiful, originally designed crafts. Crafting was a cornerstone of her ministry to the deaf senior citizens, who, among many other women (friends and neighbors) spent sweet moments with tea, goodies and Mary’s kind and generous guidance to create something of beauty to take home.
Chief among her greatest accomplishments, in her own words, was – “Being blessed to be a mother. I have always been in awe that God gifted me with my beloved Hannah and Tyler. I was also blessed beyond measure to be chosen as godmother to Larnel Jones, Autumn Guzzi, Ryan Morrissey, Sydney Morrissey and Megan Morrissey. God also placed Stephen McTigue in my life. He is like a second son and I love him deeply. God’s grace has been so profound.”
Mary’s faith journey led her to become confirmed as a Catholic in 2009. The rosary and the ministries of Father Shawn Carey and Father Jeremy St. Martin were mainstays in these last years. St. John’s parish in Hopkinton was her most recent church home.
Mary received the news of her serious illness in September 2010 with grace and accepted the call to go on the hard and dubious journey toward restoration of her health. She faced each chapter of that difficult journey with grace and eyes wide open. Despite the doors to restoration closing, she trusted that her Great Physician was ultimately in charge of her care and guiding her doctors, nurses and many health care providers along the path at the Brigham & Women’s Hospital, the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and the VNA CareNetwork & Hospice. Restoration and peace are hers at last.
In lieu of flowers, donations would be gratefully appreciated if sent to support the Senior Deaf Wellness Program of the Archdiocese of Boston or the World Youth Day or Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

Such a beautiful soul... She and her family will be in my prayers. I will be sorely missed her... Sigh...

Attachments

• tn10.jpg
    tn10.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 19
My condolences for your loss. :hug:

Beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a dear person, the kind who really blesses her community in many ways.

Thank you, everyone. Sigh...

Yes, it's beautiful tribute, Beach girl.

I will be attending the Mass tomorrow (Saturday) morning but I won't be able to come and attend the Wake tonight because I have to work. :(
(It's in Stow, MA, which is an hour away from my home. Not enough time. :(.. )

:hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:
Your friend sounds a very lovely person. I feel you.

Yes, she was. Thanks, FF.
I went there. Wow, a lot of people showed up but it was good to see everyone there.

Thank you, Miss-Delectable and Buffalo. I still miss her. Sigh..

Back