Matt Hamill's next fight

cflannagan

Reaction score
Matt Hamill's next fight is at UFC 68 PPV, in Columbus OHIO - against undefeated (7-0) David Heath.

I haven't seen David Heath in action before (will try to find videos of his previous MMA fights), but it looks like Hamill would have an even more tougher fight than his last one against Petruzzli.

Matt Hamill's next fight is at UFC 68 PPV, in Columbus OHIO - against undefeated (7-0) David Heath.

I haven't seen David Heath in action before (will try to find videos of his previous MMA fights), but it looks like Hamill would have an even more tougher fight than his last one against Petruzzli.

Oh boy, not easy for Matt by David's styles! I would bet on David will win via submission. That is right, David is better than Petruzzi.

Let see how Matt's improvement like cardio , striking, and stamina....gotta be big pressure himself in front of his homestate. UFC did good job to give Matt's big test by David and homestate.

Thank you for update of Matt's next fight.

I think Matt will kick his ass. I just took one look and I knew Matt would kick the shit out of him. With some guys, you just know by looking. :cool:

Hey Cflannagan, This is alittle off-topic but will quickly get back on-topic. What do you think of The Iceman, Chuck Lidell ?

I will probably watch that at Hooters on PayPerView. :)

Hey Cflannagan, This is alittle off-topic but will quickly get back on-topic. What do you think of The Iceman, Chuck Lidell ?

"Iceman" Liddell is one of best LHW fighters at thsi present.

I don't know anyone can beat him any day ahead...until UFC signed "Ramage" Jackson last month who whooped Liddell few year ago at Japan's PrideFC ( YouTube - Iceman vs Rampage HL ) ...that before Liddell become UFC LWH champ.

Liddell is too good timing to strike and good takedown defense...last month, Tito Ortiz tried many then Liddell blocked his attempts and got up too quickly before Liddell won via ref stopped over Ortiz.

Every MMA fans's dream to see Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva, Pride LWH Champion ( YouTube - wanderlei silva Axe Murderer highlights ). We night see Liddell vs Jackson 2 at end of 2007. I do hope to see Liddell vs Silva before they leave the rings for good.

"Iceman" Liddell is one of best LHW fighters at thsi present.

I don't know anyone can beat him any day ahead...until UFC signed "Ramage" Jackson last month who whooped Liddell few year ago at Japan's PrideFC ( YouTube - Iceman vs Rampage HL ) ...that before Liddell become UFC LWH champ.

Liddell is too good timing to strike and good takedown defense...last month, Tito Ortiz tried many then Liddell blocked his attempts and got up too quickly before Liddell won via ref stopped over Ortiz.

Every MMA fans's dream to see Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva, Pride LWH Champion ( YouTube - wanderlei silva Axe Murderer highlights ). We night see Liddell vs Jackson 2 at end of 2007. I do hope to see Liddell vs Silva before they leave the rings for good.

Yep, I'll echo MaxUFC's assessment of The Iceman. He's one of the top ranked LHWs in the world today, right up there with Wanderlei Silva and Shogun Rua (both are in PRIDE).

Iceman's last loss was against Rampage, nearly 3 years ago. His loss vs Rampage was 1 of his 3 only losses, and also the only loss that is "unavenged". He lost against Randy Couture, but won later. He also lost against Jeremy Horn, but won later. That leaves Rampage.

Rampage has a pretty good chin.. it took like 20-25 kicks to his head before Wanderlei Silva finally KO'd him. This is why Rampage survived against Chuck's striking.

Nevertheless, Rampage doesn't seem to be the same since he was brutually beaten up by Wanderlei Silva (see video here). Ever since, Rampage doesn't seem to be the same again. He experienced another loss, against Shogun Rua. He also nearly lost against Matt Lindland in WFA PPV few months ago (I watched it).

Still, you know Tito Ortiz? Rampage can do everything Tito does, but BETTER. Rampage strikes better than Tito. Rampage grounds-and-pounds better than Tito does. And Rampage has crazy amount of strength.. he can pick up opponents and slam them into ground (see this video.. an example of brutual slam resulting into KO against opponent).

In the last PPV fight vs Tito Ortiz, I can also tell The Iceman is starting to age a bit.. he seems out of breath after 2nd round and also doesn't seem to be as sharp as he used to be.

So, factor the above points in.. I would say Lidell and Rampage is going to be an interesting match to watch.. I'm rooting for Rampage, though. :)

Yep, I'll echo MaxUFC's assessment of The Iceman. He's one of the top ranked LHWs in the world today, right up there with Wanderlei Silva and Shogun Rua (both are in PRIDE).

Iceman's last loss was against Rampage, nearly 3 years ago. His loss vs Rampage was 1 of his 3 only losses, and also the only loss that is "unavenged". He lost against Randy Couture, but won later. He also lost against Jeremy Horn, but won later. That leaves Rampage.

Rampage has a pretty good chin.. it took like 20-25 kicks to his head before Wanderlei Silva finally KO'd him. This is why Rampage survived against Chuck's striking.

Nevertheless, Rampage doesn't seem to be the same since he was brutually beaten up by Wanderlei Silva (see video here). Ever since, Rampage doesn't seem to be the same again. He experienced another loss, against Shogun Rua. He also nearly lost against Matt Lindland in WFA PPV few months ago (I watched it).

Still, you know Tito Ortiz? Rampage can do everything Tito does, but BETTER. Rampage strikes better than Tito. Rampage grounds-and-pounds better than Tito does. And Rampage has crazy amount of strength.. he can pick up opponents and slam them into ground (see this video.. an example of brutual slam resulting into KO against opponent).

In the last PPV fight vs Tito Ortiz, I can also tell The Iceman is starting to age a bit.. he seems out of breath after 2nd round and also doesn't seem to be as sharp as he used to be.

So, factor the above points in.. I would say Lidell and Rampage is going to be an interesting match to watch.. I'm rooting for Rampage, though. :)

Yes, I agreed with you about Jackson was not same...we will going to find out how is his UFC debut next month....I was more exciting to see "Cro Cop" Filipovic and he will get UFC belt without question. Jackson might take advantage with UFC's rules as every fighters's favorite - elbowing? PrideFC's rules are pretty much brutal ones (oddly, no elbowing) that UFC's

Liddell mumbled about the retirement this year or next year....MMA fans and I hope to see Liddell vs Silva be happen soon.

Yes, I saw Liddell was little out of shape...at the end, he won over Ortiz. Liddell might been busy on tour schudule more than his training...yes, he would back to train hard if he lost.

2007 of MMA should be interesting : HBO-UFC , Showtime-EXC , IFL and UFC's GSP, Anderson Silva , Cro Cop and Ramage / Pride's Fedor , Wanderlei Silva (wanna Dan Henderson beat Silva in homeland here next month!), Grand Prix Middlewight.

Hey buddy, Make sure it is closed captioned and enjoy !!!!! :cheers:

I have been to Hooters before. Very nice place. :cheers:
Of course, it's closed captioned. The manager usually sets 1/4 or 1/3 of the televisions in the place with closed captioning.

I just found out that the local Hooters restaurant is closed for good. So, I'll be going to Buffalo Wild Wings for the next UFC PPV. :)

Oh one more thing -

I'm not sure they'll show Hamill fight on PPV.

They're advertising UFC 68 PPV main bouts as following:

Tim Sylvia vs Randy Couture
Matt Hughes vs Chris Lytle
Rich Franklin vs Jason MacDonald
Mike Swick vs Yushin Okami

The undercard:
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Jason Lambert
Jon Fitch vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Matt Hamill vs. Rex Holman
Martin Kampmann vs. Drew McFedries
Assuerio Silva vs. TBA

I'm sure they'll show a 5th bout on PPV (almost always do), but I think it's more likely they'll show Sobral vs Lambert than Hamill vs Holman. I'm hoping they also have time to show a 6th bout.. if so, then chances are good we'll see Hamill vs Holman.

I hope I'm wrong.. I hope UFC decides to show Hamill and Holman after all considering they're both fighting in their own homestate and both are decorated wrestlers.

Oh one more thing -

I'm not sure they'll show Hamill fight on PPV.

They're advertising UFC 68 PPV main bouts as following:

Tim Sylvia vs Randy Couture
Matt Hughes vs Chris Lytle
Rich Franklin vs Jason MacDonald
Mike Swick vs Yushin Okami

The undercard:
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Jason Lambert
Jon Fitch vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Matt Hamill vs. Rex Holman
Martin Kampmann vs. Drew McFedries
Assuerio Silva vs. TBA

I'm sure they'll show a 5th bout on PPV (almost always do), but I think it's more likely they'll show Sobral vs Lambert than Hamill vs Holman. I'm hoping they also have time to show a 6th bout.. if so, then chances are good we'll see Hamill vs Holman.

I hope I'm wrong.. I hope UFC decides to show Hamill and Holman after all considering they're both fighting in their own homestate and both are decorated wrestlers.

Yes, Matt vs Rex Holman won't be on PPV and hope see them after all 5 fights. Not really about homestate cuz there had that ways before...I had been in four UFC events with some homestate matches as not showed on PPV at Mohegan Sun Arena.

I would wanna to see Sobral vs Lambert on PPC's 5th fight instead Matt vs Holman due better match.

Matt got little break to face Rex Holman instead more talent fighter, David Heath. If not show on PPV, then we can waiting until DVD come in the video stores.

Of course, it's closed captioned. The manager usually sets 1/4 or 1/3 of the televisions in the place with closed captioning.

I just found out that the local Hooters restaurant is closed for good. So, I'll be going to Buffalo Wild Wings for the next UFC PPV. :)

Only I didn't like CC when it covered the timer. Otherwise, I enjoyed to watch MMA events with CC.

P.S. I never been in Hooters nearby my place. I was told there got so-so food but wings and cleavage waitresses.

Back