Photos from blogsite:

mattspar5resized3tw.jpg

mattspar4resized9or.jpg

mattspar3resized8nc.jpg

mattspar2resized7fx.jpg

mattspar1resized5uu.jpg

Keep those hands up Hamill! ;)

faNatic said:
Do you think he's gonna be the UFC world champion someday?

If he can remain committed to MMA-related training, maybe in a few years.

There's a lot of similiarities between Hamill's current MMA status and Matt Hughes when he first started out. Matt Hughes wasn't that great when he first started out but he eventually became more well-rounded and then world champion.

faNatic said:
Two reasons - he won't be UFC champion : first, he say going for Deaf Olympic 2008 and second, he is 29 years old and less MMA experinced...no match with UFC Light-HeavyWeight champion Chuck "Iceman" Liddell. I thought he could drop down to Middleweight Group to bring more cardio and speed. He could still win matches of UFC or other MMA events.

Right about Matt Hughes was not good at beginning and end up became finest champion...he started MMA at 25 years old and become champion at 28 years old. Matt Hamill started at 28 or 29 years old.

I kept watching how he plays in UFC, and it's like he's kicking everyone's ass. When he fought with Jesse Forbes. All I see is Jesse got :Owned: by Matt, and it is like he is punching on the punch bag while he is hittin on his head at ending.. LoL!

I'm looking forward to see him to be a successful fighter, and one thing I don't like when he is talking during the interview, I was like, USE BOTH ASL/SPEAKING!

Mr. Zoo doesn't like his lack of face guard but says it's just Matt's style. However, he thinks a kickboxer would take some serious advantage of that. We'll just see where he goes.

faNatic said:

Its will be long way to go... For example, I noticed few WWE wrestlers finally got WWE/World Championship in between 2 to 4 years after they debuted to WWE...

farewell65 said:
Its will be long way to go... For example, I noticed few WWE wrestlers finally got WWE/World Championship in between 2 to 4 years after they debuted to WWE...

WWE and UFC can't even be compared.

I am pretty sure Matt Hamill can do it. I think he just needs to keep his health in check.

MaxUFC said:
Two reasons - he won't be UFC champion : first, he say going for Deaf Olympic 2008 and second, he is 29 years old and less MMA experinced...no match with UFC Light-HeavyWeight champion Chuck "Iceman" Liddell. I thought he could drop down to Middleweight Group to bring more cardio and speed. He could still win matches of UFC or other MMA events.

Right about Matt Hughes was not good at beginning and end up became finest champion...he started MMA at 25 years old and become champion at 28 years old. Matt Hamill started at 28 or 29 years old.

Randy Couture, newest additional to UFC Hall of Fame, debuted in UFC in 1997 at age of 34. He won UFC title in the same year, but was stripped due to contractual disagreements. He came back in 2000 and won it, meaning his age would be 37. He retired at 43.

Chuck Liddell was born in 1969, and began his MMA career in 1998 which would make him 29 years old. He beat Randy at 36 to become the champ.

Fedor Emelianenko, arguably the world's best fighter and now fighting for PRIDE, became champ at 27 and has been undefeated for 2 years.

Matt Hughes' current age is 33 and he's still the champ.

This is why I think Matt Hamill's age of 29 is not such a bad age to start at.

Yes he has a long road ahead if he wants to become a champion, but age is not a worry. Maybe if he becomes 37 years old or older, he can forget it.

cflannagan said:
WWE and UFC can't even be compared.

It does... UFC and WWE required lot training to enter their first match

farewell65 said:
It does... UFC and WWE required lot training to enter their first match

You're using WWE examples to determine how long it would take for someone to become UFC champion.

The problem with that kind of logic is this: WWE = fake.

Yes, WWE requires lots of training and stuff, but the promoter (ie: Vince McMahon in this case) decides who becomes champions in his federation.

With UFC, Dana White does have a bit of control about who fight who.. but the results aren't predetermined like WWE.

Randy Coruture, for example, won championship the first year.

Point is, comparing WWE and UFC should never ever be done.

When fighters become UFC champions has absouletely nothing to do with how long it takes for a wrestler to become champion in WWE.

Good point and the same thing could be said of :

Karate v.s. boxing

Wrestling v.s. kickboxing

Boxing v.s. tae kwon do

You can't really make that comparison although they are much more realistic but comes nothing close to a real streetfight or fighting in a prison environment or fighting during wartime action in the military.

I do hope Matt continues to win and dominate the UFC and become successful in whatever he does in life. :) :thumb:

cflannagan said:
Randy Couture, newest additional to UFC Hall of Fame, debuted in UFC in 1997 at age of 34. He won UFC title in the same year, but was stripped due to contractual disagreements. He came back in 2000 and won it, meaning his age would be 37. He retired at 43.

Chuck Liddell was born in 1969, and began his MMA career in 1998 which would make him 29 years old. He beat Randy at 36 to become the champ.

Fedor Emelianenko, arguably the world's best fighter and now fighting for PRIDE, became champ at 27 and has been undefeated for 2 years.

Matt Hughes' current age is 33 and he's still the champ.

This is why I think Matt Hamill's age of 29 is not such a bad age to start at.

Yes he has a long road ahead if he wants to become a champion, but age is not a worry. Maybe if he becomes 37 years old or older, he can forget it.

Yes, that is right. I wanna to see Michael Bisping vs Matt Hamill to see who is better fighter....so far, Michael Bisping impressed me last few fights than Matt's. Hope Matt wil do taking more submission and better striking...yes, hands up! Hmm, just thinking Matt got Michael Bisping, Keith Jardine, Renato Sobral, Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin and Chunk Liddell down the road! Possible Quinton Jackson and Vitor Belfour if UFC sign them. No chance to fight Tito Ortiz since they are teammate. That is pretty awful road for Matt?! Wish him good luck!

Anyone compared how long to become champion on UFC and WWE should be ban from here! :laugh2:

WWE got storylines and see how wrestlers become popular with the fans during their contract. That is right, Vince's decision who is going to be WWE champion to one of his wresters in the order to keep the storyline alive. What I see WWE's storylines as like TV daytime soap opera, hee hee

UFC usally give three fights contract. Get three wins or very impression fights then get another contract with one or two fights to get into championship match. If lost the go back drawboard. Three losses then not come back to UFC for length time...now, 16 fighters lost many UFC matches got a chance into The Ultimate Fighter Season 4 : The Comeback on SpikeTV this august.

WWE and UFC got same training. Only question is WWE's dark secerts (steriod or stuffs) :whistle:

Of course, WWE got sexy busty women than UFC's. :)

MaxUFC said:
Anyone compared how long to become champion on UFC and WWE should be ban from here! :laugh2:

WWE got storylines and see how wrestlers become popular with the fans during their contract. That is right, Vince's decision who is going to be WWE champion to one of his wresters in the order to keep the storyline alive. What I see WWE's storylines as like TV daytime soap opera, hee hee

UFC usally give three fights contract. Get three wins or very impression fights then get another contract with one or two fights to get into championship match. If lost the go back drawboard. Three losses then not come back to UFC for length time...now, 16 fighters lost many UFC matches got a chance into The Ultimate Fighter Season 4 : The Comeback on SpikeTV this august.

WWE and UFC got same training. Only question is WWE's dark secerts (steriod or stuffs) :whistle:

Of course, WWE got sexy busty women than UFC's. :)

To cfl-- sorry I cant memorize your username, I just gave you some examples between UFC and WWE... Now shut the FCUK up! I dont care if you hate WWE so much, just shut the FCUK up! I apologize for my "rage"... I always like to give some examples or comapre, thats all, now to all WWE haters, FCUK y'all and get lost!

Whoa take it easy buddy, I am sure he did not mean it in that way.

Heath said:
Whoa take it easy buddy, I am sure he did not mean it in that way.

I have feel on my guts that he does post "negative" on me or any WWE fans... I just like give some compare, so FCUK OFF to all WWE haters!

farewell65 said:
I have feel on my guts that he does post "negative" on me or any WWE fans... I just like give some compare, so FCUK OFF to all WWE haters!

Okay .....

Back