Math

Oh I have a few people I can ask for help lmao. One old college friend (she majored in Accounting) and my niece for started. The kid is a smartie lol.

I just need the money to go back...:( Have been lucky in the last 15 years to hold jobs without a Comp Sci/Engineering/Programming degree. Now they're demanding it more and more :(

Oh I have a few people I can ask for help lmao. One old college friend (she majored in Accounting) and my niece for started. The kid is a smartie lol.

I just need the money to go back...:( Have been lucky in the last 15 years to hold jobs without a Comp Sci/Engineering/Programming degree. Now they're demanding it more and more :(

Good! Have you considered asking a local Vocational Rehabilitation counselor to help you with your academic goals?

Working on that now but newer hearing aids are first on the agenda and services to get a job (if they can help with that...)

Working on that now but newer hearing aids are first on the agenda and services to get a job (if they can help with that...)

I hope Vocational Rehabilitation can get you some newer hearing aids. I know they did for me. Of course, they can help you get some schooling if you can prove that it will help you find a [better] job. :)

I've been down this road before :) Just taking longer this time.

Maths? Hmm i don't like maths. I can do the basic, but it's getting complicated and I have difficulty in learning maths. Always got D for maths, and F for additional maths. lol

Maths? Hmm i don't like maths. I can do the basic, but it's getting complicated and I have difficulty in learning maths. Always got D for maths, and F for additional maths. lol

Math beyond Algebra and Geometry isn't for everyone, but everyone at least needs to know how to add, subtract multiply, and divide. Also, a lot of times it is the teacher(s) that cause a kid to have a weak mathematical foundation and in so doing, the kid doesn't have a good relationship with math. I have seen this too often, especially among deaf people.

Math beyond Algebra and Geometry isn't for everyone, but everyone at least needs to know how to add, subtract multiply, and divide. Also, a lot of times it is the teacher(s) that cause a kid to have a weak mathematical foundation and in so doing, the kid doesn't have a good relationship with math. I have seen this too often, especially among deaf people.

My teacher easily got mad when I ask her to repeat what I can't catch. And its making me sad. I dont think she understand that I really need her to repeat it, I missed some lesson in the class because she always face the blackboard while explaining the formulas. ~___~

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

My teacher easily got mad when I ask her to repeat what I can't catch. And its making me sad. I dont think she understand that I really need her to repeat it, I missed some lesson in the class because she always face the blackboard while explaining the formulas. ~___~

There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking the instructor to repeat something because it shows that you really want to understand the material. I once taught mathematics at the high school and college level and I loved it every time a student asked a question about what was being said or shown. Please note there are no dumb questions as there can be only dumb answers. Anyway, this showed me that the student wanted to understand the material. It is difficult to gauge how much students understand a particular lecture if they don't say anything, you know?

The key here is patience. Patience is a virtue! Students understand and perceive things differently. So the instructor has to be able to explain something in ways more than one.

I see that you live in Malaysia. Sorry to hear that you're having a horrible experience in school but if that happens in America, the teacher will get reprimanded for such behavior.

In the past, I've advised some students to report it to professors' boss (called dean) and it has always worked. A dean would call in a professor to discuss about it and then a situation is amicably resolved. You know why? Take a look at your tuition bill.... and then you can ask all the questions you want. You've paid a very expensive amount for education you're receiving. You have every right to ask a teacher to repeat and repeat and repeat.

I see that you live in Malaysia. Sorry to hear that you're having a horrible experience in school but if that happens in America, the teacher will get reprimanded for such behavior.

In the past, I've advised some students to report it to professors' boss (called dean) and it has always worked. A dean would call in a professor to discuss about it and then a situation is amicably resolved. You know why? Take a look at your tuition bill.... and then you can ask all the questions you want. You've paid a very expensive amount for education you're receiving. You have every right to ask a teacher to repeat and repeat and repeat.

Yes, a student can ask an instructor to repeat what was said or shown, but there has to be a limit on how many questions can be asked in a sequence because if a student is constantly asking questions every five minutes, this can disrupt the flow of the lesson. This is why instructors will tell students to see them after class or meet them in their office. This is also another reason why tutors are vital and should be sought out.

Back