Massachusetts & area

swetgirl05

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm new to the site, just joined yesterday. I'm looking for a friend to talk to. I'm hearing impaired, can still hear some but not too well. Anyway, I live in the beat suburbs of Springfield, Massachusetts. It really sucks there. But at least there is a school called Willie Ross School primarily for deaf and hearing impaired students in the town of Longmeadow, about 20 min from me. I never went there, instead I got special help from certified teachers at mainstream schools most of my life. I've been deaf for 2-3 years now and people have made fun of my speech. I find it hard to fit in with other students since I cannot hear half of what they say and I have an immature voice. Does anyone wanna be my friend?? Thanks. And btw my name's Alicia.

Hey, I just graduated from Mt. Holyoke, and my girlfriend is finishing her senior year, so I'm out there pretty often. :) Welcome to AD! :wave:

Oh I went to Westfield State, and know a ton of people from Wilbraham. My friend Sarah was from Wilbraham.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, Alicia and Dan. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay! I love NE Patriots and your VERY lucky to live there:)

Hey all. I'm new to the site, just joined yesterday. I'm looking for a friend to talk to. I'm hearing impaired, can still hear some but not too well. Anyway, I live in the beat suburbs of Springfield, Massachusetts. It really sucks there. But at least there is a school called Willie Ross School primarily for deaf and hearing impaired students in the town of Longmeadow, about 20 min from me. I never went there, instead I got special help from certified teachers at mainstream schools most of my life. I've been deaf for 2-3 years now and people have made fun of my speech. I find it hard to fit in with other students since I cannot hear half of what they say and I have an immature voice. Does anyone wanna be my friend?? Thanks. And btw my name's Alicia.

:wave:
I live in the North Shore area, too. :)
So, welcome to the board! :D

Deaf Social DPPH in Boston this friday! :)

Of course I couldn't be going because Stuck with my two beautiful girls :D

Deaf Social DPPH in Boston this friday! :)

Of course I couldn't be going because Stuck with my two beautiful girls :D

Yup, that's right but unfortunately, I won't be able to come because I already have other plans.

Whoever out there is going there. Have fun! :D

Back