Mary Hare Grammar School in Uk

Cane Corso

Reaction score
I am wondering have you guys heard of it before? It is one of the largest deaf school and has the largest student population of all in UK.

Mary Hare - supporting deaf education

This school reminds me of Clarke and other oral school. All teachers are not allowed to sign and students have to learn how to speak and do lip reading.:ugh3:

My mother nearly sent me there! She had the application form all filled out and ready to go but decided she would rather keep me close to home. I almost wish she had sent me :)

This where my deaf son is the one of the student at Mary Hare Grammar School for the Deaf at moment,

Yes it does to be greatest deaf school am i am glad my son goes there,
as matter of fact we are going to Mary Hare school on this friday coming as it is the Sport day i am really look forward to go because always to be great to feel welcome also look forward to meeting other parents.
Yet know it does to be oral school but they can allow to use signs outside classrroom,
As am the one doesn't like to typing long here smile just am really so proud of my son he doing very well always to be top of the class and he is now level 7 for his year 9.
At the moment he now writing 3rd of his own books, Sorry my writing english is not the highest level but i am sure you all does to understand . thank you
have nice day
Add into it my son is profoundly deaf since birth but he does can hear with HA's and can speak very clearly also strongly BSL users too also he is the very strongwill person can not to agrue with him lol bless him ...
:wave:

This where my deaf son is the one of the student at Mary Hare Grammar School for the Deaf at moment,

as matter of fact we are going to Mary Hare school on this friday coming as it is the Sport day i am really look forward to go because always to be great to feel welcome also look forward to meeting other parents.
Yet know it does to be oral school but they can allow to use signs outside classrroom,
As am the one doesn't like to typing long here smile just am really so proud of my son he doing very well always to be top of the class and he is now level 7 for his year 9.
At the moment he now writing 3rd of his own books, Sorry my writing english is not the highest level but i am sure you all does to understand . thank you
have nice day
Add into it my son is profoundly deaf since birth but he does can hear with HA's and can speak very clearly also strongly BSL users too also he is the very strongwill person can not to agrue with him lol bless him ...

Wow! That's great, and I can see why you are so proud of your son. That strong will is going to help him in his life. My son, also is profoundly deaf since birth, and has very good oral skills, but prefers ASL for communication. He went to a TC school and is doing very well. I know how it feels to be so proud of your child. Tell him to keep working hard on his education.

Indeed.. Oral schooling is fine, just as long as a) there's a way to ensure kids who aren't exactly oral sucesses don't fall through the cracks.....and they should have the system EARLY ON! and b) they allow ASL usage outside of the classroom. Nothing wrong with oral education.......especially as some parents say that there's not enough focus on oral training with TC.

have nice day

wow, you must be proud of your son... It's wonderful description you made your post here... :thumb:

Back