Marvel at the beauty of Michael Moore's 10,000 sq ft summer mansion!

Right. Just like I said in #92: "Provision in the IRS does not prohibit profits! They just limit the use of those profits."

Man, never saw so much bitchy attitudes in my life.

so.... did Michael Moore use those "profits" for his personal gain? or his mansion?

Ooops, missed it Jiro.

Not sure if any of the profits accumulated from his charity went into building his vast 50 million dollar net worth or not?

It's possible. Remember his charity wasn't feeding the poor or caring for the sick. It was for making films, so who knows?

What I do know is that 50 million is a nice hunk of change. More than an average CEO can hope to make!

you are not sure? it is possible? so you don't know anything at all?

the link you gave me which explained about how non-profit organization works basically proved my point that Michael Moore cannot use "profit" from his foundation for his personal gain or mansion.

So, you are claiming that he broke the law?

And where do you keep coming up with that 50 mil figure in personal income? You have no way to determine what his personal income is. You are going to have to start supporting your claims.

I'm not saying that at all! In fact maybe whatever earnings he made he gave to an orphanage somewhere. Who knows?

Michael Moore according to celebrity net worth is estimated at 50 million. They break it down here:

Michael Moore Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Could be more, could be less. It's not like he denied this....Ooops, yes he did:

Michael Moore Piers Morgan Town Hall Video | Mediaite

Well, I'm sure if he was busted on it he would own up....Oooops, he did:

Michael Moore: I Am The 1% | Occupy Wall Street | Mediaite

Lol :laugh2:

I'm not saying that at all! In fact maybe whatever earnings he made he gave to an orphanage somewhere. Who knows?

Michael Moore according to celebrity net worth is estimated at 50 million. They break it down here:

Could be more, could be less. It's not like he denied this....Ooops, yes he did:

Reality sucks.

Dude, you need to start using some credible sources for your info.:laugh2:

I really don't think you know what you are saying. First you say that he used money from his non-profit as personal income and gain, then you say, you don't know if he did, then you say maybe he donated his personal income...you are all over the place.

That is what happens when you indiscriminately accept what someone else says without thinking about it and processing it first.

you are not sure? it is possible? so you don't know anything at all?

the link you gave me which explained about how non-profit organization works basically proved my point that Michael Moore cannot use "profit" from his foundation for his personal gain or mansion.

Jiro, my snarky post asked of which money making venture did use to buy his 2 million dollar summer vacation home.

The link I provided and the link you cited clearly states that any profit after expenses and "stated goal" must be taxed. That means one may keep profits as long as it's taxed as such.

Jiro, my snarky post asked of which money making venture did use to buy his 2 million dollar summer vacation home.

The link I provided and the link you cited clearly states that any profit after expenses and "stated goal" must be taxed. That means one may keep profits as long as it's taxed as such.

Which means that income is not tax exempt under the non-profit status.

**head banging against desk**

Dude, you need to start using some credible sources for your info.:laugh2:

I really don't think you know what you are saying. First you say that he used money from his non-profit as personal income and gain, then you say, you don't know if he did, then you say maybe he donated his personal income...you are all over the place.

That is what happens when you indiscriminately accept what someone else says without thinking about it and processing it first.

Credible sources?? The man himself isn't credible enough for you?

One day he denies being rich...Days later he owns up to it??

You're right about one thing, I absolutely do not take anything that Moore says without a serious filter of skepticism!

Careful, you're going to get a migraine.

I think I'm going to go to bed. I get tired of seeing the same thing posted again and again by the conservatives after it has already been shown to be in error 1000 times. God, what a bunch of obsessives.:lol:

Credible sources?? The man himself isn't credible enough for you?

One day he denies being rich...Days later he owns up to it??

You're right about one thing, I absolutely do not take anything that Moore says without a serious filter of skepticism!

Do you know the words, "As reported by"?:laugh2:

Like I said, reality impaired. Or a damned liar.

That was for Michael Moore, btw.

Think I go get some stuff done and mail my forms to Amherst County first thing in morning.. :wave:

and if that's the case.... he did nothing wrong and illegal.

Back