Marlee Matlin

AquaBlue

Reaction score
Why is Marlee Matlin so popular? Yeah she's deaf but so what.There have been plenty of important Deaf individual in our history. Why her?

marlee_matlin.jpg

I wouldn't say "popular" just that she is well known by the Deaf community, because she's famous and she's an actress. ;)

Yes but the Deaf have achieved more in history than she has...why not praise them more than Matlin?

Yes but the Deaf have achieved more in history than she has...why not praise them more than Matlin?

I don't praise Marlee Martin, but I can't speak for others.

As you know the public schools do not educated us about the Deaf Culture, so there's a lot that we did not know back then. Helen Keller was the most popular in our history, because we were taught about Helen Keller's life biography in school.

Why is Marlee Matlin so popular? Yeah she's deaf but so what.There have been plenty of important Deaf individual in our history. Why her?

marlee_matlin.jpg

Marlee just a well known deaf actress, But she does do good on her words that she helps other deaf communities. She was also pretty cool gal before she got famous. Some of my classmats did act in the movie with her in the "Children of the Lesser GOD", I would say she have faced many many challenges in her life. Now she facing "dancing with the stars" is good challenges to prove that deaf people can do it. I think she tying to help hearing people understand deaf people more in a different view. We all know that there's a movie coming out called " Sweet nothng in my ears" seems like good educations for hearing people to understand deaf situations faces with hearing parents. But I can say she a good actress and that good enough for me.

Marlee just a well known deaf actress, But she does do good on her words that she helps other deaf communities. She was also pretty cool gal before she got famous. Some of my classmats did act in the movie with her in the "Children of the Lesser GOD", I would say she have faced many many challenges in her life. Now she facing "dancing with the stars" is good challenges to prove that deaf people can do it. I think she tying to help hearing people understand deaf people more in a different view. We all know that there's a movie coming out called " Sweet nothng in my ears" seems like good educations for hearing people to understand deaf situations faces with hearing parents. But I can say she a good actress and that good enough for me.

Hmm.. I wonder if we have the same classmates from MSSD? Several of my classmates were in that movie.

noted that Marlee Matlin make sure the movie or tv she is in, have to be CC or else, she gonna fight. So, she did.

noted that Marlee Matlin make sure the movie or tv she is in, have to be CC or else, she gonna fight. So, she did.
Unfortunality, I wish that was true, but One of her movies that I brought on DVD "Where the truth lies" did not appear to have closed caption. :(

She is in the public eye, and quite often she is the only deaf person many hearies have ever seen, even from a distance. Hearies need a readily accessable model of a successful deaf person to open their minds to learning about other important individuals.

She is in the public eye, and quite often she is the only deaf person many hearies have ever seen, even from a distance. Hearies need a readily accessable model of a successful deaf person to open their minds to learning about other important individuals.

That's important!

Quite well said. In addition, I don't think we popularize Marlee Matlin over other deafies, but she does make significant contributions to give the hearing world glimpses of the deaf culture.

At least she's believable in what she does, not like some personalities who would have us believe that playing an adept political fugure makes them one . . . or that singing well gives them special knowledge of global science.

Well said! :) :fingersx:

Back