Marco Rubio positioned for presidential run

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Fla. senator tells New Hampshire crowd Democrats threaten American dream

Florida's junior U.S. senator is among 10 Republicans considered prospective candidates for president in 2016.

Weekend appearances in New Hampshire are the clearest sign yet of Sen. Marco Rubio's national political ambitions. In a speech Friday Rubio accused Democrats on Friday of threatening the American dream as he campaigned across the state which holds the first-in-the-nation presidential primary state.

Rubio also jabbed at former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, considered the overwhelming favorite to win the next Democratic presidential nomination if she chooses to run, in a speech to hundreds of Republicans gathered along New Hampshire's seacoast.

"They're threatening to nominate someone now who wants to take us to the past - to an era that's gone and never coming back," Rubio, 43, told the Rockingham County Republican Committee, a reference to Clinton. "The road we're on right now is a road that will rob us of the American dream."

Rubio has also beefed up political organization and charts an aggressive role in this fall's midterm elections.

Rubio is the first in the group of the so-called mainstream Republican class to appeaear in New Hampshire this year. Mike Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor and ordained Baptist minister, and tea party favorites Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz have visited several times.

In national television appearances, Rubio remains coy about his ambitions.

Sen. Marco Rubio told ABC's "This Week" on Sunday that he believes he is ready and qualified to be president. He also says he has the experience for the job.

"But I think that's true for multiple other people that would want to run," the Florida Republican tells Jonathan Karl. "I mean I'll be 43 this month, but the other thing that perhaps people don't realize, I've served now in public office for the better part of 14 years."

Marco-Rubio-in-NH-jpg.jpg

Marco Rubio positioned for presidential run | Politics - Home

Yeah (Yawn), He may be ready, but Americans are not ready for him. therefore I will never vote for Rubio under any circumstances whatsoever. Sorry!

Yeah (Yawn), He may be ready, but Americans are not ready for him. therefore I will never vote for Rubio under any circumstances whatsoever. Sorry!

Agreed, he isn't for me.

I want libertarian politician to run for the president.

Disagree...feel he's got a very serious chance this time!....Got my vote if he runs...which I'm sure he will.

There are many republican candidates to compete in primary election and Rubio likely to win Florida, but possibly lose to many other states. There are 17 republican candidates expressed interest to run, but I don't count Donald Trump because nobody going vote him. Also, don't forget about Jeb Bush - he will compete with Rubio.

For democrat, I'm predicting Hillary Clinton to win the primary because she's very popular, however I want Schweitzer to win because he's very popular to pro-gun rights activists and very pro-2nd Amendment and I know he will going win the gun owners' votes if they are liberal or moderate libertarian with pro-gun rights. There is no doubt about Brady Campaign is going hate Schweitzer and if he wins the primary so it will be first time for NRA to endorse democrat president for more than 50 years ago.

For libertarian, Gary Johnson is best bet.

In 2016, if there is Christie vs. Schweitzer, I bet that southern states may flip to blue due to Christie's anti-gun views. Schweitzer got A with NRA and Christie got C with NRA.

I think it's still too early to get too worked up over any particular candidate.

However, I can say unequivocally that I won't be voting for Hillary. :)

I think it's still too early to get too worked up over any particular candidate.

However, I can say unequivocally that I won't be voting for Hillary. :)

Yes, everything could change, depending on performance of the congress and Obama.

The congress have extremely low approval rating than US President. There are some news suggest that republicans may have a better chance to takeover of senate, it could be much as 53 but it won't end the obstruction and Obama has to deal with majority republicans in both chambers like Bill Clinton did in 1995-2001. We need to know about job performance in 114th US Congress before make an opinion statement about future president. It is traditional for president's parties to lose the vote during midterm election and there are people skipped the vote in midterm election.

If majority republicans do worst in job performance so it is possible for Hillary to be elected for US President, but if republicans do fine in job performance and Obama does poor job during 2 years of final term so it is possible for republican candidate to be elected.

I know democrats are doing better job in presidential election, but midterm election, not much, except for 2006 midterm that is unusual.

Agreed, he isn't for me.

I want libertarian politician to run for the president.
Dude, Yeah cool! but Political libertarian sounds like neutral from Dem and Republic, right?

Dude, Yeah cool! but Political libertarian sounds like neutral from Dem and Republic, right?

Half and half with smaller government.

Libertarians support pure capitalist, less regulation, pro-gay marriage, pro-gun rights, pro-marijuana, pro-abortion and less government involvement.

We could try 4 years without any of them and see what improves.

Back