Man's Debit Card Charged $23 Quadrillion, $15 Overdraft Fee

Brian

Reaction score
MANCHESTER, N.H. -- When Josh Muszynski checked his bank account online, he didn't expect to find a $23 quadrillion debit.

"If it were to be true that someone actually compromised that money and got that money, they could do some severe damage with that amount of money," he said.

Muszynski expected to see a couple hundred dollars in his account, but a 17-digit number that rivals even the national debt confronted him instead. The mistake alarmed Muszynski, who has downsized to an apartment in efforts to save money to buy a house.

"I thought my card had been compromised. I thought somebody had bought Europe with my credit card," Muszynski said. "It was very concerning."

To read the rest of the story: Man's Debit Card Charged $23 Quadrillion, $15 Overdraft Fee

That'd be $23,148,855,308,184,500! :shock:

It has to be a mistake. Someone forgot to hit the enter key between transactions. I would definitely call my bank and get it sorted pronto!

Maybe Oboma borrowed it to pay off the national debt and his wife's credit card.

It has to be a mistake. Someone forgot to hit the enter key between transactions. I would definitely call my bank and get it sorted pronto!

possible that the person handling that account entered a credit card number into the wrong spot on the screen or some other goofy mistake.

last year we supposed to get a new card from a company. never showed up but the monthly service fee was being added to the account monthly dispite the fact we didn't recieve the card. the mailing address was enterd incorrectly on the account.
an account agent called because we never paid the service fees and said we were late. my wife said how can this be when we have not recieved the card yet... well he gave my wife attitude saying we were just deadbeats making poor excuses to not pay our bill...
my wife clamly pointed out what was wrong on the mailing address.
the account agent then started bitching at my wife even more.
my wife started giving attitude back.
so the account agent hung up on her...

My wife called back and asked for a manager. told the manager the agents name and what happened. the manager looks into our account and found the account to be completely screwed up. basicly when the snotty little agent hung up om my wife he altered the account because he was mad. the account read that we owed over 4 grand and the address was to a fake city in VA... the manager said the snotty agent was to be fired for what he did... our account info was fixed and 4 days later we got the card...

the point of sharing that story:

some of the employees of the credit card companies are total buttheads and crazy stuff happens....

That'd be $23,148,855,308,184,500! :shock:

Holy Smokes! :eek:

For the life of me, I just cannot understand how they can see the difference between those numbers. Few hundreds and quadrillion are a BIG difference. This is really insane.

If that true, I will say.. where the big house with all top quality non-sense price?

One would think that the transition of that amount of money would bounce like a rubber check would. Especially, if he did not have sufficient funding in the first place.

It has to be some mistake.

LOL you think some aliens charged his card to buy their own planet?

On a serious note, do a Google search and youll find it posted on several news sites. Good thing the few who were affected by their errors won't have to pay for eternity! Even their $15 overdraft fees will be cancelled!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31915020/

Last edited:
Back