Manipulation

ogradyann

Reaction score
I am the parent of a deaf vunerable adult, This is my story of what has happened to my son since i placed him with the royal national institute for the deaf. He lived with me since he was forty years old. He attended doncaster college for the deaf and gained qualifications for landscape gardening. The reason I moved my son into supported living Was to increase his independence and opportunities available to him. All the Rnid have done for my son is to neglect, abuse and manipulate him. They took advantage of his vunerablility and employed a Physco drama therapist who has worked with him for over four years to make him assertive towards me. This is because I was raising my concerns over his care. As a result of the therapy I have not seen my son for three years. I have complained to the local authority who only investigated this in house, I was told there was no evidence that Rnid do not keep adequate records. I complained to the commissioner of supported care who reported they do not investigated supported living care. I went to the court of protection who ignores my concerns, They told me they do not have any jurisdiction to deal with this. My son is extremley vunerable due to his leanrning disability. I went to my Mp who said there is nothing he can do. Both my son and I are being denied the right to see each other and I feel my son has been kidnapped by RNID purely for financial reasons. My advice to other parents is DO NOT hand over vunerable sons or daughters into the care of the rnid without insuring they have a say in there future and how they are treated. It is the Rnid in bath who are responsible for the abuse of my son, You too could lose your vunerable loved one same as I have because I totally trusted RNID. RNID are changing ther name to "action fot the deaf." june 2011.

Glenn's advice is probably the only one that you can follow. The situation re RNID probably doesn't exist in other countries thus others can't advise.
If your son has a "learning disability" probably very difficult in deal with in a "court action" re" RNID's day to day handling.

Hope the lawyer can advise you what to do as to the specific situation.

Good luck in some resolution

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Interesting the above thread was repeated above. Thought it seem familiar.

Implanted AB Harmony-activated Aug/07

Interesting the above thread was repeated above. Thought it seem familiar.

Implanted AB Harmony-activated Aug/07

Yeah, unlike that implanted stuff you type into every single post lol

Really-I don't think I respond to every thread-so far. Easy to check.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I am the parent of a deaf vunerable adult, This is my story of what has happened to my son since i placed him with the royal national institute for the deaf. He lived with me since he was forty years old. He attended doncaster college for the deaf and gained qualifications for landscape gardening. The reason I moved my son into supported living Was to increase his independence and opportunities available to him. All the Rnid have done for my son is to neglect, abuse and manipulate him. They took advantage of his vunerablility and employed a Physco drama therapist who has worked with him for over four years to make him assertive towards me. This is because I was raising my concerns over his care. As a result of the therapy I have not seen my son for three years. I have complained to the local authority who only investigated this in house, I was told there was no evidence that Rnid do not keep adequate records. I complained to the commissioner of supported care who reported they do not investigated supported living care. I went to the court of protection who ignores my concerns, They told me they do not have any jurisdiction to deal with this. My son is extremley vunerable due to his leanrning disability. I went to my Mp who said there is nothing he can do. Both my son and I are being denied the right to see each other and I feel my son has been kidnapped by RNID purely for financial reasons. My advice to other parents is DO NOT hand over vunerable sons or daughters into the care of the rnid without insuring they have a say in there future and how they are treated. It is the Rnid in bath who are responsible for the abuse of my son, You too could lose your vunerable loved one same as I have because I totally trusted RNID. RNID are changing ther name to "action fot the deaf." june 2011.
You are pretty clingy to your 40 year old son.. It's good they are giving him help. You will die, and if you had control , then he would be all alone and helpless.

This way he may get help to learn independent living and get place in a job where he can use his landscaping training.

When they say nothing they can do, it seems in this case they may mean nothing they want to do, because it is a poisonous relationship when a parent wants to control a 40 year old. If he was able to qualify as a landscaper, he really isn't that disabled, now, is he?

Wise thoughts from Bottesini for ogradyann to seriously consider.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

If your son has a "learning disability" probably very difficult in deal with in a "court action" re" RNID's day to day handling.

To the contrary, this fact is considered in the standard of appropriate care versus negligence. If the entity improperly cared for a person with LD and deafness, it will be liable. Some attorneys handle this kind of lawsuits and are successful in proving negligence. Contact your local Bar Association.

To the contrary, this fact is considered in the standard of appropriate care versus negligence. If the entity improperly cared for a person with LD and deafness, it will be liable. Some attorneys handle this kind of lawsuits and are successful in proving negligence. Contact your local Bar Association.

I believe the above is in the United Kingdom-Royal National Institute for the Deaf. Not sure the laws there re: placing of adults in "supported living".

Implanted AB Harmony activated Aug/07

Back