Man shot by his dog

Deeply disturbing! The guy should have known the caliber of his own gun. He should also have the safety on, even if he thought it was unloaded.

When I was a Hunter Education Instructor we would get a yearly Incident Report. One year there was an incident when a guy was shot and killed by his dog. The guy was out duck hunting. He had leaned his shotgun against the side of the boat. When the dog jumped out it foot hit the shotgun's trigger. The gun went off killing the hunter.

Deeply disturbing! The guy should have known the caliber of his own gun. He should also have the safety on, even if he thought it was unloaded.

FIREARMS SAFETY 101-A gun should not be loaded until ready for use. It should be kept cased or holstered.

FIREARMS SAFETY 102-Safety's are mechanical devices. As such all mechanical devices can fail and should not be trusted.

Last edited:
with all due respect,
me thinks it's the dog who should be careful with the gun ;)

Fuzzy

spudmugshot.jpg

LOL
The perpetrator Pem Corgi got caught, arrested, his pawprints and picture taken, his offence classified,
later he's got accordingly punished.

Such started his career as registered criminal :D

Fuzzy

dog got punishment he owned by total idiot,,if dog got any sense he put paws up confess and beg for prison

Not all firearms have safety switch in it, and it should never be a dependent feature. Best is don't load until ready to use em, that is safer than depend on safety switch.

I guess the dog doesn't a Concealed Carry Permit. I hope he/she has mag +1.

Maybe is she a new kind of service dog for people in a wheel chair , the person keep the dog next to them at all time and can reach for the gun when needed.
:giggle:

Back