Man hit by multiple cars and got killed on I-5

Hwy99

Reaction score
7 Cars?! Wow..

Man hit by multiple cars, killed on I-5
Friday, January 2 | 2:45 a.m.

The Washington State Patrol says a man killed on Interstate 5 near Boeing Field may have been struck by as many as seven vehicles.

Trooper Christina Martin says no one who struck the pedestrian early Thursday stopped. But she told The Seattle Times that in the rain and darkness the drivers may not have realized they struck a person.

Martin says the victim was riding in a car traveling south on Interstate 5 at about 3:45 a.m. The driver pulled over to the left shoulder, and the passenger got out to vomit. Then he wandered across the median into the northbound lanes.

The State Patrol is hoping to hear from anyone who thinks they may have struck something on that part of the freeway. The victim was not immediately identified.

Man hit by multiple cars, killed on I-5 - Columbian.com

I guess our crazy californianication methods are fusing their hostile transportation needs with neighboring states?

How can one know that they didn't hit a person? Jeez!

This news is exactly identical to this CSI episode.... several cars striking a person on highway at night with poor visibility. They concluded that it was just "a stroke of extremely bad luck."

One thought he ran over a road-killed animal... Other didn't even realize it (just a "bump")... after few run-overs, the body was probably in pieces so it doesn't resemble a person anymore to the last few drivers who ran over him.

:shock:

I always stop and look back to check what I hit. And check my vehicle.

I hit a dog before and a hog. I stopped to see what it was and the wild hog damaged my headlight.

I agree with birdie. The first or second person had to know they hit something large and probably had damages to the car. Sadly they just left with no regards whatsoever. Knowing they hit someone.

The last few people probably didn't know what it was. As jiro stated.

I hit a dog before and a hog. I stopped to see what it was and the wild hog damaged my headlight.

I agree with birdie. The first or second person had to know they hit something large and probably had damages to the car. Sadly they just left with no regards whatsoever. Knowing they hit someone.

yea.... exactly. I was :scratch: about the first 2-3 drivers. I suppose they probably thought they ran over a dead deer....... or even a truck tire. or perhaps they DID know they ran over a person and they did not want to stop... you know how it is in this country - litigious and all. They don't wanna go to jail and/or get sued. :dunno:

Sad thing is being on an busy interstate road. They will probably never know. Due to the driver/drivers is/are long gone.

I feel for the victims family.

Most Americans own a big vehicle- too comfortable to drive and not to worry about what they hit because they own a big vehicle.

Trooper Christina Martin says no one who struck the pedestrian early Thursday stopped. But she told The Seattle Times that in the rain and darkness the drivers may not have realized they struck a person.

Trooper said this...so it is possible the reason why.

Trooper said this...so it is possible the reason why.

...but when you're in a vehicle and strike something, you should be able to feel the vibration or at least hear a "thud!" of some kind.

...but when you're in a vehicle and strike something, you should be able to feel the vibration or at least hear a "thud!" of some kind.

exactly but that's the problem. We (drivers) drive many miles for a long time. What are the chance of us running over a human body in middle of highway?? so when we feel a thud - that's when we just shrugged it off. I never usually stop after I hear "thud" but only after a really really bad thud. Most of time - I just cursed, thinking I ran over a nasty pothole or roadkill animal or some object like a piece of tire.

it's not like what you see in the movie where a car would crash after hitting a person because how is that possible? a mere 150 lbs person budging a 4,000+ lbs suv??

:laugh2: You are first person I ever know who hit a hog. That wild hog was an animal and not a Harley Davidson, right?

Ok, no more joke, I think this story is quite sad. Im with you guys who question that people don't know if they hit something in storm, darkness or poor visability. How did the patrol accurately deduct how many times this victim got struck by vehicles if visibility was so poor?

:laugh2: You are first person I ever know who hit a hog. That wild hog was an animal and not a Harley Davidson, right?

Ok, no more joke, I think this story is quite sad. Im with you guys who question that people don't know if they hit something in storm, darkness or poor visability. How did the patrol accurately deduct how many times this victim got struck by vehicles if visibility was so poor?

I'm going to assume - according to CSI episode which is exactly based on this.... the forensic scientist found a piece of paint & car part and several tire threads on all over body parts. Each car part and paint have distinctive chemical traces so they can easily identify which car manufacturers (that's what CSI said so I don't know if that's true in real life).

:dunno:

Wow...just wow. :eek3:

They SHOULD'VE seen something in the dark with the head lights on...

I've hit a dog before afew years ago as I was going abt 60mph in the dark it was totally pitch black and there were no light poles anywhere and all of a sudden there was a black dog walking in the middle of the road...as I seen it i went OH SHIT! and it was too late for me to stop since I went over 60mph and I stopped and pulled over and saw the dog on the road already...dead. it got ran over by afew other cars on the other side of the road ugh it was just awful.

I've learned that I shouldnt drive so fast in the dark cause you never really know what comes ahead at you.

exactly but that's the problem. We (drivers) drive many miles for a long time. What are the chance of us running over a human body in middle of highway?? so when we feel a thud - that's when we just shrugged it off. I never usually stop after I hear "thud" but only after a really really bad thud. Most of time - I just cursed, thinking I ran over a nasty pothole or roadkill animal or some object like a piece of tire.

it's not like what you see in the movie where a car would crash after hitting a person because how is that possible? a mere 150 lbs person budging a 4,000+ lbs suv??

The problem is that if you are driving a semi truck (the truck alone weighs like 16,000 lbs)....the chances is that you won't feel anything at all....or maybe a big SUV, you won't feel anything or a little thinking u just ran over something like debris on the highway. I rode in a taxi and he drove right over the side of the roundabout island and the ride was very soft and smooth, not rough and annoying.

The problem is that if you are driving a semi truck (the truck alone weighs like 16,000 lbs)....the chances is that you won't feel anything at all....or maybe a big SUV, you won't feel anything or a little thinking u just ran over something like debris on the highway. I rode in a taxi and he drove right over the side of the roundabout island and the ride was very soft and smooth, not rough and annoying.

yup bingo. some 10,000 lbs vehicle vs. 150 lbs squishable body.... squish!

Back