Making Videos a tad smaller

Taylor

Reaction score
I have recently started screwing around my digital camera. It has a video feature included but I do not use it that often. I usually carry my camera with me while working in case I need to take photos of something. I started screwing around with the video portion of the camera and stuck it up on the dashboard of my police car. The video is HUGE...

I am hoping to find some FREE video software for my computer that I can use to make video files smaller in file size. I would also need something to do some minor editing. I don't need special effects and stuff but something to just clip then ends off a video, etc.

If your bored and want to check out a boring video of a police car driving at night, it can be found --here-- . Again, its a pretty big file.

The only thing I could think of was to talk to a photography company or a professional photographer's store and ask for advice on how to do this another than that. Talk to another police officers and see what their experiences have been with this. You could also register on one of the police forums to ask for advice. That is all I can think of. It seems you are messing with the digital camera somehow, the right way so you are doing something right. Most police officers just get in and drive. I noticed you drive like a soldier. You get in with sharp determination, intense focus and a strong will to do your job. From start to finish you clearly are not somebody to be messed with on night patrol.

its a pretty good camera for its value. the problem is it is similar to photos...the better the quality, the larger the file. I'm trying to find something to shrink it down just a bit. That video there is pretty short and its 25 megs..not much when you are putting it on your computer but when its on-line, ot becomes a problem.

Taylor said:
its a pretty good camera for its value. the problem is it is similar to photos...the better the quality, the larger the file. I'm trying to find something to shrink it down just a bit. That video there is pretty short and its 25 megs..not much when you are putting it on your computer but when its on-line, ot becomes a problem.

Why not talk to the Apple's Quicktime customer's hotline and see if they can help you there. You could call the computer magazines buy a magazine off the store rack then during the daytime business hours call and see if they can give you some good advice or places where you can reduce your video camera to a better size while still retaining the quality on the video ? I am sure they got programs like this somewhere on the internet for hopefully free , if not then I hope it will be worth your money, time and effort.

www.dropshots.com

I haven't used it yet but I am going to anyway because I made 3 videos so far. Also I need to clean out my memory card for June/July trip to CA! :)

Back