Make Polygamous Legal!!!

I too don't agree with polygamy. The whole thing that Polygamy involves with religious, and they treated them like a pieces of property, While they can marry more than one person. Children whom are 12 yrs old, Why would they wanna get married and be in a controling relationship where they have to do such house work like housewives do. They don't need that, They should remain as a kid and having a freedom to act like kid. Would those who married one man realize that they are putting their postion on the spot of a chance of getting diseases that are spread through multiple sex partners? It can happen. :shock:

Miss*P, Since you said that homosexual is wrong in the bible so is Polygamy, From the very beginning God created one woman for one man, Didn't say anything about four women for one man. :)

And the Terrorists are still trying to destroy us.
Oh lord......terrorisits have been anti-American but it's not a constant threat...it was just a sound bite....anyone remember Lockerbie (Pan Am 103) and the Iran hostage sittuion? Terrorisim has been going on since forever...and the risk that we'll be attacked by terrorists is wicked, wicked, low!

Cheri said:
I too don't agree with polygamy. The whole thing that Polygamy involves with religious, and they treated them like a pieces of property, While they can marry more than one person. Children whom are 12 yrs old, Why would they wanna get married and be in a controling relationship where they have to do such house work like housewives do. They don't need that, They should remain as a kid and having a freedom to act like kid. Would those who married one man realize that they are putting their postion on the spot of a chance of getting diseases that are spread through multiple sex partners? It can happen. :shock:

:gpost: Bingo! :applause:

Miss*P, Since you said that homosexual is wrong in the bible so is Polygamy, From the very beginning God created one woman for one man, Didn't say anything about four women for one man. :)

You are right that homesexual is mentioned in the Bible.

Permitting polygamy is mentioned in the Bible. Read 1 Kings 11:3.

Again LDS does not practice polygamy anymore. If the person is a polygamist, s/he does not belong to LDS (i.e. already excommunicated).

~DV

I do not support polygamy, also. It causes lot of problems between wives, fights and extreme arguments and jealousy. I prefer one to one the best than a few wives. It is expensive to have a few wives than one wife.

Polygamy was outlawed in Utah around 1890, Utah govt refused to become a state until Mormons agreed to ban polygamy, Finally Utah became a state in 1896. Anyone correct me wrong on that history, :P

Miss*Pinocchio said:
If I am a man... and
if I married 3 women...

And they have kids...

And if I make $15,000 a year....

I can try to feed them the best that I can.

<snip>

You try your best???? No, it doesn't work that way...

Read Genesis 1:28

Pay attention to its verse, "...God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth..."

Watch three words:

Fruitful means you have good job with plenty of money and afford to raise family.

Multiply means make more babies as many as you want.

Replenish mean to fill up on this world.

Put all three words together in one sentence:

You have good job with plenty of money to afford to raise family to make more babies as many as you want for filling up on this world.

Tom Green earns $15K a year and is broke and can't afford raise family and asked State to support him using my hard-earned taxes. :pissed: He failed to meet that biblical verse. :thumbd:

I do not want to see you to be the same as Tom Green, unless you earn $300K a year. Again, polygamy is outlawed in USA. But, you can try in Africa to be your own tribe. :naughty:

~DV

sequoias said:
I do not support polygamy, also. It causes lot of problems between wives, fights and extreme arguments and jealousy. I prefer one to one the best than a few wives. It is expensive to have a few wives than one wife.

Polygamy was outlawed in Utah around 1890, Utah govt refused to become a state until Mormons agreed to ban polygamy, Finally Utah became a state in 1896. Anyone correct me wrong on that history, :P

:gpost: Yes and yes. :applause: :applause:

~DV

*Looking for one of my 7 wives* Hey, anybody seen Tuesday?

Tousi said:
*Looking for one of my 7 wives* Hey, anybody seen Tuesday?

Yep, I just saw her at Holiday Inn, She wasn't alone. :whistle:

Wait wait, Polygamy does NOT necessarily mean young girls!!! What polygamous really means what??? Marrying more than one partner at a time! That is what it really means. I am totally opposed to polygamous because of jealous issues. It only leads to fights between same sex of spouse. For example, man who married two women, and these poor two women will always be in fight with each other, and one of them will be jealous over other woman. It is not fair, and not healthy.

In Gay world, marrying more than one partner at a time is STILL called Polygamy!

here is better defination of this word, Polygamy. If you break them into two words POLY and GAMY Poly means multiple Gamy means partner, hence meaning multiple partners. Now look at word, Monogamy now break it up to MONO and GAMY... and you see Mono really means ONE, and Gamy again means partner. Now you see how they put two words together.

Oceanbreeze said:
It's not the same thing, Ms P. The reason polygamy is outlawed is because it often involves young girls. Very young girls, and that's illegal. It's illegal for someone to have sex with someone who under age.

Gay marriages usually refer to two adults who want to be married, and enjoy the same benefits as heterosexuals do.

I didnt read all 3 pages but I'd like to say.. My dad practices polyamory - a little different than polygamy. It only means that he has a wife and several "lovers" and they all know about each other.

The important part of my bringing this up, is that it destroyed my family. My sister left, my mother distanced herself from my father (I feel she cant bring herself to leave him yet, a totally different story) and he tries to convince everyone that his way of life is good. As a result my aunt left my uncle because he told her he did not approve of it. She herself has a few learning disabilities and mental illness.

Could I have have a little bit more of a normal childhood if he hadn't done that? Maybe, probably. But we'll never know. I'm biased but polygamy and polyamory are very wrong.

Pinkster said:
My dad practices polyamory - a little different than polygamy. It only means that he has a wife and several "lovers" and they all know about each other.

I get that part that they know each other, Does that mean that the wife and his other lovers know that there are romancing involved?

I don't agree with polygamy either, where they could marry as many as they want...It sounds like someone who wants more than just a threesome!.. :-o

I believe many members here had posted the reason why so there's no needed for me to say it too as I agreed with them :mrgreen:

Just caught AD's sponsored banner by accident (see attached below)...

The left side portion of a banner should explain as to why polgyamy isn't good. Miss P, please support AD's banner by clicking that link.

~DV

Attachments

• Polygamybanner.jpg
    Polygamybanner.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 18
diehardbiker65 said:
I am totally opposed to polygamous because of jealous issues. It only leads to fights between same sex of spouse. For example, man who married two women, and these poor two women will always be in fight with each other, and one of them will be jealous over other woman. It is not fair, and not healthy.

Well Jacob did alright. :)

Rachel was barren. Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Reuben, for she said, "It is because the Lord has seen my misery. Surely my husband will love me now."
She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son. So she named him Simeon.
Again she conceived, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "Now at last my husband will become attached to me, because I have borned him 3 sons." So he was named Levi.
She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son. So she named him Judah. Then she stopped having children.

When Rachel saw that she was not bearing Jacob any children, she became jealous of her sister. So she said to Jacob, "Give me children, or I'll die!"
Jacob became angry with her and said, "Am I in the place of God, who has kept you from having children?"
Then she said, "Here is Bilhah, my maidservant. Sleep with her so that she can bear children for me and that through her I too can build a family."
So she gave him her servant Bilhah as a wife. Jacob slept with her, and she became pregnant and bore him a son. Then Rachel named him Dan.
Rachel's servant Bilhah conceived again and bore Jacob a second son.
Then Rachel named him Naphtali.
When Leah saw that she had stopped having children, she took her maidservant Zilpah and gave her to Jacob as a wife. Leah's servant Zilpah bore Jacob a son. Then Leah she named him Gad.
Leah's servant Zilpah bore Jacob a second son. Then Leah named him Asher.
During wheat harvest, Reuben went out into the fields and found some mandrake plants, which he brought to his mother Leah. Rachel said to Leah, "Please give me some of your son's mandrakes."
Bus she said to her, "Wasn't it enough that you took away my husband? Will you take my son's mandrakes too?"
"Very well," Rachel said, "he can sleep with you tonight in return for your son's mandrakes."
So Jacob slept with Leah that night.
Leah bore Jacob a fifth son and named him Issachar.
Leah conceived again and bore Jacob a sixth son. And named him Zebulun. Some time later she gave birth to a daughter and named her Dinah. Then God opened Rachel's womb and she became pregnat and gave birth to a son and said, "God has taken away my disgrace." She named him Joseph.

Wow 12 children, Jacob had... LOL!!!! :)

Dv, Wow!

DV,

Wow! Well said. I ought you to be my spokeperson!

MISS P argh! I can't stand her. That s all I can say. She s just driving me up to the wall!!! :rl:

Laiegirl said:
DV,

MISS P argh! I can't stand her. That s all I can say. She s just driving me up to the wall!!! :rl:

Did you go search for a Detective, yet?
Maybe you can locate all the people you can't stand...
especially me.

Just kidding. :mrgreen:

Cheri said:
Good post. I agree with that one.

Laiegirl said:
DV,

If you would like me to be your spokeperson, pls PM me. :D

I completely understand your frustrations. :tears: You could cry on my shoulder and vent out anything you want. :)

I'm a good listener. Magatsu is also a good listener, too. Maybe you could cry on our shoulders! Not a bad idea, eh? Hey Magatsu, which shoulder side do you want her to cry on? Left or right? I prefer you do on the left and I do on the right. Why? If she cries on my left shoulder, my hearing aid goes berjerk (eeeeEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeee) and gives me :dizzy: . She would need a quiet comfortable warm moment to relax by giving her gentle rubbing/patting on her back. Oh, please don't forget...bring some kleenex to wipe her tears. ;)

~DV

Back